Chris Weidman vs. Shogun is the fight to make next

Bearstronaut

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It must happen. Both on the tail end of their careers and I think it would be a classic.

Different weight classes. Da Chris moved down again. Anderson Silva vs Da Chris makes more sense

Honestly it's the best fight for both. Could see either winning

Shogun has too much firepower for him at this stage.

But another fight I would actually watch.

Why? Cuz...

tenor.gif

I say Chris vs Silva or Luke. Shogun vs whoever Chris doesnt fight.

It's possible Shogun finds Chris' faded chin, but more than likely Weidman would take Shogun down and dominate him. First round GNP finish.

I'd rather see him rematch Anderson Silva tbh. Also Chris wants to try and make a run at middleweight, no matter how ill advised that might be.

You know a fight i would really like to see. Weidman vs vettori. Vettori ia a young prospect that a lot of people have really high hopes for and weidman is a name fighter, ranking wise also makes sense and its not like weidman looked good enough against a number 10 guy that we can trown him against a top 5 again

I'd rather see Silva/Weidman 3. Let's have a serious fight now. No crowd, no hype, no funny antics, and hope to God no unfortunate circumstances. Just two fighters skill for skill. Let's see how it goes. A good ol high level striker vs wrestler scrap is always a treat to watch

I think Weidman turns it into a boring Lay n Pray fest and wins 29-28. Though it's equally possible Shogun catches him and KOs him.

it's also not the fight to make. a fight that largely people will be indifferent about if made and this forum will cry about how the loser should retire and the winner still has a shot at the title.

i wouldnt mind but i thought chris moved back down??

Yes, they both looked terrible, why not.

I'd rather see Silva/Weidman 3. Let's have a serious fight now. No crowd, no hype, no funny antics, and hope to God no unfortunate circumstances. Just two fighters skill for skill. Let's see how it goes. A good ol high level striker vs wrestler scrap is always a treat to watch

We already had two serious fights, Anderson just got besmirched in both of them.

Back