Chris Weidman training with 3x NCAA National champion Ed Ruth to prepare for Vitor.

It's a good strategy....avoid the stand up cause Vitor will light him up there

susumu18.jpg

susumu29.jpg

susumu26.jpg

7286081.bin

hi-res-8042202_crop_north.jpg

slow mo vid cracks me up. Weidman looks like a sled dog lol.

Rooting for Vitor, but Weidman will end it on the ground; his TD is one of the best I've seen.

Chris has been wrestling for a decade I honestly doubt his wrestling is gonna get much better then it is at this point for him.

That's precisely what I was wondering. The only thing I'm taking from this is that perhaps Weidman isn't confident in standing up with Vitor?

Why wouldnt he want to exploit his advantage? Why allow the fight to take place where Vitor has the best chance of winning?

it's a waste of a title fight.

Curse you, but you might be right. Chris is looking fired up, and a fired up Weidman - I really don't see anyone dethroning him anytime soon. Brims with skills and confidence.

Chris has been wrestling for a decade I honestly doubt his wrestling is gonna get much better then it is at this point for him.

It probably won't get much better, but there are plenty of fighters out there who have this mindset who were once stud wrestlers that got a hell of a lot worse at wrestling because they stopped drilling it at anywhere near the intensity they did prior to doing MMA.

This is his twitter bio:

Edward Lee Ruth
@EdwardLeeRuth
PSU Alumni wrestler, 2016 Olympics hopeful, MMA bound 100% for those who keep asking

He is going to be a beast. Also is the type of prospect that Coker has been signing quickly in their careers before the UFC has a chance lately (Bubba Jenkins, Darrion Caldwell, Aaron Pico, Chris Honeycutt)

Isn't it obvious? He's brushing up his wrestling.

He showed good top control in the 2nd Anderson fight, he might need that.

Fantastic move by Weidman. I don't think casuals really understand how good of a college wrestler Ruth was. Most hardcore wrestling fans put him in the top 10 NCAA wrestlers of all time.

Can't wait until he starts mma.

He is going to be a beast. Also is the type of prospect that Coker has been signing quickly in their careers before the UFC has a chance lately (Bubba Jenkins, Darrion Caldwell, Aaron Pico, Chris Honeycutt)

I have a feeling Palmer is going to end up in Bellator too. And why is Coker even thinking about Pico? Didnt he just say he's committed to wrestling until 2020?

Fantastic move by Weidman. I don't think casuals really understand how good of a college wrestler Ruth was. Most hardcore wrestling fans put him in the top 10 NCAA wrestlers of all time.

Can't wait until he starts mma.

Yes Ruth is that good. He is IMO one of the best NCAA wrestlers ever. Smart move by Weidman, he knows his wrestling is already top level and now he brings in a guy like Ruth to train his wrestling with. Weidmans alrealdy a great wrestling and will only get better training with Ruth. Good to see Weidman not forget about his Wrestling base.

Ruth should get into MMA.

Back