Chris Weidman: Not Leaving Till I Fight Jon Jones

This is what vib was thinking

Borderline retarded.

Vitro came closer to beating jones than machida ever did to beating weidman.

The chris finished belfart in under a round, while jones needed nearly 20 minutes.

Borderline retarded.

Vitro came closer to beating jones than machida ever did to beating weidman.

The chris finished belfart in under a round, while jones needed nearly 20 minutes.

In fairness Jones fought TRT Vitor.

Confidence is key. I give Weidman a good chance. It'd be nice to see them fight someone their age, they've both been beating up old men.

I'd like to see it down the line but we've heard this time and time before. Very few backed it up like Penn.
Yeah.. Didn't turn out too good for him though.

Albeit, the first time Penn moved up and beat Hughes has to be one of the coolest wins in MMAs short history.

With Jones out Weidman has as good of a chance as anyone to be a 2 division champ.. If he walks through Rockhold I say lets do it

Yeah.. Didn't turn out too good for him though.

Albeit, the first time Penn moved up and beat Hughes has to be one of the coolest wins in MMAs short history.

With Jones out Weidman has as good of a chance as anyone to be a 2 division champ.. If he walks through Rockhold I say lets do it

Yeah, he got battered in the GSP rematch but that was due more to GSP's tremendous leaps since their first close fight. It didn't really take away from his legacy. The tail end of his career is another matter though.

Anyways timing for a Jones/Weidman fight is still a ways off. There's the legal troubles, then the LHW title return fight, followed by Rumble or Gus II. On Weidman's side he has Rockhold, the Jacare/Romero winner, and most importantly staying healthy. We're talking like late 2016-2017 in the best case, really.

In fairness Jones fought TRT Vitor.

Yeah, and vitriol was moving up from mw and taking the fight on short notice, he also resorted to flopping and pulling guard for a good portion of the fight, giving jones ample opportunities to finish him on the ground, yet it still took him into the fourth to finally do it.

he better get himself a good pair of safety goggles...

EYKI-basketball-glasses-outside-sport-football-goggles-pc-lens-tennis-ball-basketball-Protective-goggles-Sports-glasses.jpg

jones is the new eyesman

Win or lose, Weidman's spirit of wanting to challenge himself should be a fresh breath of air but still so many hates on him. Mma fans are something else.

Yeah, and vitriol was moving up from mw and taking the fight on short notice, he also resorted to flopping and pulling guard for a good portion of the fight, giving jones ample opportunities to finish him on the ground, yet it still took him into the fourth to finally do it.

Trtor cut from 217 from that fight and he certainly wasn't letting himself go between camps. Him being a MW wasn't meaningful other him not having a recent LHW resume to really earn the shot.

Vitor off TRT and coming off that huge layoff offered up absolutely 0 offense or defense once Weidman took him down. From a wide open half guard and no attempt to control posture to literally trying to punch back from mount.

There's really not anything to draw from that common fight. It'd be like making a judgement on how the Chris and Jones match up on the feet because Jones handled TRTor's blitzes with ease and dropped him while the Chris didn't.

This would be perfect....if he ragdolls luke, cormier disses him and he climbs up to 205, takes on lukes bum buddy, and if he beats him...weidman vs jones!!

Jones threw DC around at will. He would finish the chris.

So glad he's champ and not Anderson, was getting really fed up with Silva's attempts to pick and choose easier fights.

Win or lose, Weidman's spirit of wanting to challenge himself should be a fresh breath of air but still so many hates on him. Mma fans are something else.

Keep in mind that these Weidman haters who are not liking this calling out of Jones, are the same great minds that were defending Anderson calling out Cung Le when UFC was pushing Weidman on him.

They don't care about great fights or great champions attitude. They are extremely bitter about Weidman doing his job and sending the invincible Anderson to a disgraceful tail spin and early retirement.

No real fight fan would find anything wrong with a fighter having confidence and willing to take a huge risk to find out his limits. Fans win.

Impressive if he actually pursues this fight.
I can't picture him winning unless, as I suspect, Jones comes back looking pretty bad.

Back