Chris Weidman at Heavyweight or Welterweight?

Hes one of the guys that would benefit from a Franklin weight division. Chris seems done though, except nobody in his camp has told him.

Yeah, I’m thinking retirementweight would be a good fit for him. A stiff breeze will knock him out these days.

Maybe he should try his hand at SUG...no striking there!

He'd still insist he could beat Ngannou and give Stipe a tough fight, though. <45>

I bet he would perform well in Bellator on PEDs

Bellator went tits up right?

his chin couldn't handle it at lhw, do you really think he could survive at HW? and he could never make WW. no offense, but kinda a stupid thread

People need to wake up and smell the napalm. Chris is a large middleweight so welterweight isnt even on the radar. Chris needs to stay at middleweight and start to have a heavy wrestling/ grappling gameplan and see where that takes him.The one thing that's still in his favor is that 185 isn't that deep.

Flip side of coin - Chris already took advantage of that small opening of window----and made the most of it. Chris made bank in Anderson fights and everything after that. I dont like to call fighters " done" ( unless they're in 40s and obvious at that) but Chris is hanging by a thread, imo. Rockhold is broken( jaw-head) - I feel for the guy......Chris is already in that path but not there just yet.

If I'm Luongo- Serra- what do you really say to guy like Chris who has that fighters ego and still believes. It's a delicate line but at some point- your support system around you , well, has to support and in a productive/ healthy way.

rockhold is there but the Chris isn’t? Weird and been ko’d like 8 times in the last 7 fights lmao

Weidman had like 10 knee injuries at this point, probably aside other problems....

Sadly, his primetime was very short lived.

Chris Weidman is wayy too big and old for WW. Even at middle weight he has struggled with weight cuts. His career is over at this point either way. A bunch of injuries and a stupid ass management team who allowed him to fight too many top level guys when he needed an easier fight screwed him over

Chris KOing and breaking Anderson’s leg still got you feeling some type of way

<36>
giphy.gif

He looked undersized at LHW and there's no way he makes WW when manlets like Woodley drain themselves to nothing to make the limit. MW is his division, but he should take Bisping's advice and stop fighting TOP contenders. Build yourself back up with easiest fights possible. Or go for name recognition cash ins - Silva 3 or Rockhold 2.

rockhold is there but the Chris isn’t? Weird and been ko’d like 8 times in the last 7 fights lmao
Well- I say that in the sense that rockhold is in like chuck mode- theres no point and the last fight had the worst possible outcome- lights out( again) with a busted jaw to boot. We wont see Luke in mma ( unless its grappling event) unless its agsinst Chris, at 205 and after Chris loses by tko/ ko in his next ( and that scenario isnt likely- meaning if Chris loses by stoppage again , it probably will be end).
If you're digesting my post properly, I'm siding on caution and maybe Chris calling it a day. I'm just saying - if Chris is adamant, he can take another fight at middle and change things up ( he does have that background) and see what happens. The way Luke has been blown up has differed from Chris but in the end , my " hanging from a thread line" speaks volumes.
Your response is semantic like anyway cause Chris is looking for a fight and Luke is not.

I think His chin is cracked, no coming back from that, retire or have another fight against another shop worn Mw or LHW.

He made a career of beating past prime, shot fighers, so it should be HW.

Back