Chris Weidman: A Brother's Keeper mini-doc

We first heard about Chris Weidman's evil brother before he fought Anderson. We learned that he was a very evil and extremely abusive to Chris who is supposed to be his younger brother and yet he would encourage other kids to beat Chris up which was horrific and not something an older brother does.

Now finally, they make peace with each other after Charlie was estranged for a decade or more:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/chris-weidman-a-brothers-keeper-mini-doc.4178198/#post-164501113

Threads already been made loser.

Its all about clout cuz!

New generation, hard to judge.

That's enough out of you!

He was a bad dude, picking fights with people, shitty older brother who distanced himself because he was jealous of Chris becoming famous and successful.

Nick is top bloke!

Nate was going nowhere in life, watching TV all day and being a lethargic couch potato with no job and stuck at parents house content to continue partying and not doing anything with life until Nick threw a jujitsu gi at him and made him show up to training.

Thats the Nick and Nate version 3 of how things went down.

the one where Nate is at the park it's a better version

No need for name calling you undignified individual!
Sorry I’m a loser and I just assume everyone else is too. You may be a winner. And if you are then, SOG salute.
<RomeroSalute>

Lol his brother is so obviously using his religion to not face his own conscience and guilt about how he treated his brother. Still a terrible brother.
Yup, thats what I got from it too.

You can read it plain as day when he's talking.

His brother is a piece of shit, and will likely always be a piece of shit. Gotta say Chris's parents are also not great people. His father seemed to love the glory more than raising his children the right way.

It wasn't a brotherly thing, it was Chris having an abusive brother that tormented him and left him feeling unaccomplished for most of his life. What a horrible way to have to grow up.

I'm not a Weidman fan at all, but I feel bad he had to endure that in his lifetime. Good on him for his MMA accomplishments, but I really felt he could've been way more humble about them. I guess the explanation is finally releasing that anger he held for his brother.

Thats the Nick and Nate version 3 of how things went down.

the one where Nate is at the park it's a better version

Version 3?

Is there a version 1 and 2?

Sorry I’m a loser and I just assume everyone else is too. You may be a winner. And if you are then, SOG salute.
<RomeroSalute>

Its ok mate, circumstances change, it doesn't have to let it define you. Remember, you are not the folks who live in an iron lung and neither am I which is a blessing for both of us:

Dude has been living like this since 1952 and that breaks my heart and makes me want to be a better man, a better person!

I don't get how people are so willing to hang out their dirty laundry like this.

I prefer the oldschool way, when people kept these things private and lived a life of dignity.

Yes. Let's sweep bullying under the rung rather than making it public to give others who are being bullied the courage to fight back.

Life of Dignity? How is someone being bullied and letting a bully get away with it a life of dignity? Anyone with a bigger voice should speak up so that an individual who has less of a voice will have courage to bring it into the open. Bullies should be humiliated in the highest degree possible so they will know there is a price for their actions.

Its all about clout cuz!

New generation, hard to judge.

That's enough out of you!

He was a bad dude, picking fights with people, shitty older brother who distanced himself because he was jealous of Chris becoming famous and successful.

Nick is top bloke!

Nate was going nowhere in life, watching TV all day and being a lethargic couch potato with no job and stuck at parents house content to continue partying and not doing anything with life until Nick threw a jujitsu gi at him and made him show up to training.

Right.. Nick is a good older brother. Thats what you expect.

11:43 tells me his older brother has not changed. What he really is, is a bully, with little man syndrome. IMO, He is trying to cover his bad image by saying he was jealous. Chris is respecting his older brothers wishes showing he is the bigger man once again.

I guess my brothers were evil too. They made me fight the other kids in the neighborhood all the time. That's why I have my squabbles now.

Chris, his brother and his father at their age all look identical. He’ll never have to worry about going on the Maury show

Yup, thats what I got from it too.

You can read it plain as day when he's talking.

His brother is a piece of shit, and will likely always be a piece of shit. Gotta say Chris's parents are also not great people. His father seemed to love the glory more than raising his children the right way.

It wasn't a brotherly thing, it was Chris having an abusive brother that tormented him and left him feeling unaccomplished for most of his life. What a horrible way to have to grow up.

I'm not a Weidman fan at all, but I feel bad he had to endure that in his lifetime. Good on him for his MMA accomplishments, but I really felt he could've been way more humble about them. I guess the explanation is finally releasing that anger he held for his brother.

This is one of the reasons why I don't care that much about being humble when it comes to fighters. Winning fighters are gonna feel good about winning, but they are not all gonna express it in the same way, because they don't all have the same lives, so it's not really fair to have the same expectations for them all. It's good to strive to be humble and being humble, but it's also good to be honest and if you're feeling yourself but act humble, it's just fake humbleness. I rather them be cocky and honest, than humble but fake.

Version 3?

Is there a version 1 and 2?

Its ok mate, circumstances change, it doesn't have to let it define you. Remember, you are not the folks who live in an iron lung and neither am I which is a blessing for both of us:

Dude has been living like this since 1952 and that breaks my heart and makes me want to be a better man, a better person!

I would kick that guys ass. Can’t even move or breathe and shit? lol, no challenge for a ripped sherbro like me!

But in all seriousness, yeah that is sad man. I hate to see people live in shitty positions. It always makes me feel a bit better about my spot. I don’t have it that bad, some people are fucked from the go. I was just telling my grandpa, who doesn’t have much time left, that he got 90 good years. Hard to be mad at that. My bro died at 18 in a car accident, that’s tragic man, never got to live. My grandpa is still kicking after 90 wild years on earth man, if you think about the big picture, like 0.1% of every person/animal ever has had 90 years here. 90 years is a long time here on earth to make a difference. And my grandpa has made a huge difference in my life. Truly wouldn’t be who I am without him.

Islam and Christianity both teach that violence for entertainment is wrong. In Islam for example, you cannot strike someone in the face unless for very specific reasons i.e. protecting yourself/war.

Imagine thinking that the two religions responsible for the most death and suffering throughout human history are actually nonviolent philosophies.

I have a great older brother, he is shy but quiet temperamental, I was the violent one but you never want to hurt your brother

Back