Chris Van Valkenberg: BJJ BLACK BELT FRAUD...

The one thing that kills me about these guys out there who are throwing on a black belt and starting their own dojo is why aren't people looking into their name before they start paying someone money? When I started Judo and Jiu Jitsu, I did my homework. I asked people that are respectable in the martial arts community and used the internet to check if a particular school was worth my money. I think people that get instruction from a someone with a fake belt or ranking almost deserves what they are getting. IMHO.

lets set up a fight with Mr. Van Fraudenberg. i'm sure we can find the resources to bring mr. yankenberg to NYC

The one thing that kills me about these guys out there who are throwing on a black belt and starting their own dojo is why aren't people looking into their name before they start paying someone money? When I started Judo and Jiu Jitsu, I did my homework. I asked people that are respectable in the martial arts community and used the internet to check if a particular school was worth my money. I think people that get instruction from a someone with a fake belt or ranking almost deserves what they are getting. IMHO.

People who are starting out in martial arts have no idea what to expect. They don't know what the red flags are, let alone how the BJJ belt ranking system works and how it differs from other systems. And even if they wanted to, where are they going to go to look for information? People who are starting out don't know about Bullshido, Sherdog, or OTM, they just open the phone book and pick a school.

There is no BBB for martial arts. That's why McDojos have run rampant in the US.

Also you wouldn't believe some of the frauds out there - they are slick talkers, kno how to use advertising and pressure to get a person to sign up, especially those that know nothing about martial arts.

mikey im too lazy to read the whole thread, i seem to get whats going on....but one thing im confused about is when chris said something about someone coming to the gym and "testing" him? did someone from bullshido come roll with him ? if so what happened/who was it

People who are starting out in martial arts have no idea what to expect. They don't know what the red flags are, let alone how the BJJ belt ranking system works and how it differs from other systems. And even if they wanted to, where are they going to go to look for information? People who are starting out don't know about Bullshido, Sherdog, or OTM, they just open the phone book and pick a school.

There is no BBB for martial arts. That's why McDojos have run rampant in the US.

Also you wouldn't believe some of the frauds out there - they are slick talkers, kno how to use advertising and pressure to get a person to sign up, especially those that know nothing about martial arts.

mikey im too lazy to read the whole thread, i seem to get whats going on....but one thing im confused about is when chris said something about someone coming to the gym and "testing" him? did someone from bullshido come roll with him ? if so what happened/who was it

I know who it was, and if you read the threads on the other sites you can find out, but I'm not going to mention his name. I'm just going to say that he wasn't testing him, he was looking for a place to train and when he heard there was a Renzo BB in town he was excited and went to check it out. in this process completely schooled him, and realized that Chris was not a BB by any means. not trying to expose him or anything he actually thought he was rolling with a renzo black belt, at first.

Mikey what was the rank of the person who went to his school to roll with him just for comparison. A purple belt?

someone go there and gogo the shit out of him. something that is straight ownage, and then tape it, edit it, and youtube it so hell never make false claims again. guys like this can really get people hurt giving them false martial arts confidence.

You know, if you're going to make false claims, you should at least make it interesting. I know that after I finished my Hall of Fame career in the NHL, I didn't really consider myself an accomplished grappler until I'd won olympic gold in both judo and wrestling ... :icon_chee

You know, if you're going to make false claims, you should at least make it interesting. I know that after I finished my Hall of Fame career in the NHL, I didn't really consider myself an accomplished grappler until I'd won olympic gold in both judo and wrestling ... :icon_chee

Now THAT's how it's done...

Damn! Just got back in town and work has Bullshido blocked. Guess I'll have to catch up on this saga later.

I remember this one time back in 'Nam........

Back