Chris Van Valkenberg: BJJ BLACK BELT FRAUD...

Mikey Triangles

Bending Joints the Wrong Way Since 1985
@red
Reaction score
... and this time he's real!

no forum to invade this time though :icon_chee

MySpace.com - IMPACT HOUSE - 23 - Male - ORMOND BEACH, Florida - www.myspace.com/375269455

"My name is Chris Van Valkenburg. I am the main trainer and manager of the Impact House Gym. I am a professional fighter out of New Jersey and hold a blackbelt in Brazilian Jui-Jitsu and Taekwondo."

His personal myspace:

MySpace.com - ...Chris... - 23 - Male - PALM COAST, Florida - www.myspace.com/topher_v

"I'm still training in Mixed Martial Arts personally, so I'll be hopefully competing proffesionally by this time next year."

so he's a pro-fighter/trainer that's never fought.

He also claimed to receive his black belt under a "Henzo Gracie" in 2 years to a few people that went down there, and he's only 23.

He's in Ormond Beach Florida which is right near my girlfriends place. Here's some more info for those that want to talk to him:

Impact HOUSE!! MMA GYM
1291 US Highway 1
Building 3 Unit 6
Ormond Beach, F.L 32174
1.5 miles south of I-95 on U.S.1
[email protected]
862-823-2055

Well at least the pricing is reasonable, $85 a month... or $15 a day - not so reasonable

and I have a hard time respecting people who continue to mispell Jiu-Jitsu

I got $100 bucks that says I know half a dozen whitebelts in my gym who would tap him.

^ lol. Doesn't he teach at Handy Couture's gym these days?

Maybe those who have been in the game since pre-UFC era can better address the issue and concern, but from the increasing prevalence of outright frauds is presenting a troubling future.

The fabrications of these clowns may range from the believable to the absurd, but they are largely outed by easy information access. Although this would be an issue easily solved with a brief internet search, there are likely large numbers paying frauds and spreading the shame of TMA's into legitimate combat sports.

Shame, public humiliation, legal action, and physical confrontations seem necessary to show a rapidly growing "MMA/bjj aware" group of "entrepreneurs" that faking the funk is not something to toy with.

^ Actually i heard he helped Josh Bahnett train for his last fight in Sengoku.

Where does it say anything about renzo? I'd love to show him.

he doesn't have it up anymore, but call him or messege him. he first claimed Renzo in 2 years, then later changed his story to Mike anderson in 5 years. he's all over the fucking place.

check these out (once again it's a multi-board dilemma :icon_chee ):

Impact House & Chris Van Valkenburg - BS BJJ Blackbelt - No BS Martial Arts

BJJ Police needed. Chris Van Valkenburg bb?

all that's missing is an Impact House forum to invade.

Mikey...send that crap to the Daytona SWAT team. That would be classic..."By the way guys, you have been training under a fraud" haha

Thank god there's all these TapouT shirts everywhere

I was in a part of my city I don't really frequent, and I was so happy to see the "Brazilian Jiujitsu" cardboard sign in the window right under the TKD neon. Twice, in unaffiliated gyms, maybe 2 miles apart. I had to stop looking in every strip mall, for my blood pressures sake.

At least they spelled it right

OK I will send our swat team over to take him out. Hey there will always be wannabe's in this world but they will not make it very far and will go away.

With more gyms like this, expect more threads like this to show up: "how come Chris Valkenberg gets a black belt in two years and I only have period stains on my white belt?"

Is it illegal/impossible to spam a MySpace account?

Yes, but it isn't illegal to send him a legit message through myspace. Keep the treats out of the message, of course, but other than that ask him anything you want.

he doesn't have it up anymore, but call him or messege him. he first claimed Renzo in 2 years, then later changed his story to Mike anderson in 5 years. he's all over the fucking place.

check these out (once again it's a multi-board dilemma :icon_chee ):

Impact House & Chris Van Valkenburg - BS BJJ Blackbelt - No BS Martial Arts

BJJ Police needed. Chris Van Valkenburg bb?

all that's missing is an Impact House forum to invade.

Mikey I love the BS flag! lol

Are you going to Joeys grand opening tonight??

damn I hate liars! I'm sure bullshido will ruin this guys day though just as it should be.

Mikey I love the BS flag! lol

Are you going to Joeys grand opening tonight??

I was going to go with Paul, but now we have 3 trial classes at RedBoy tonight, so either me or Paul has to be here. We'll see.

Back