Chris Tucker vs Mike Epps film careers....who was funnier overall?

Smokey's role was iconic and sparked Chris Tucker's movie career. Can't say too many comedians could have played that part as well as Tucker did. Day Day had some funny moments in Next Friday and was good in Friday After Next but you could argue Katt Williams stole the show in that movie. Maybe even Terry Crews.

Mike Epps is pretty darn funny though. Not taking anything from him but Chris Tucker as Smokey set the bar pretty high for the funny sidekick.
The Friday movie was classic. The sequels were just money grabs by Ice Cube similar to how Vin Diesel keeps dishing out those fast and furious flicks

Tucker easily had the better film career. Epps was a high level "rent a slightly notable funny black guy" at his peak.

Tucker turned into a more interesting performer. Epps is funny though, more broadly comedic in his performances but not as memorable since he’s more of a clown.

I like Epps alot,but i feel like Chris got the space to shine brighter,and cant blame how it went. He is fuckin spectacular,cant keep your eyes off him.

The Friday movie was classic. The sequels were just money grabs by Ice Cube similar to how Vin Diesel keeps dishing out those fast and furious flicks
TBF I like the second one for what it was. lots of quotable lines. The third one sucked.

I know Epps face, but don't know what I've seen him in. He has a great smile though!
mike-epps.jpg

Chris Tucker was universally funny. He has that goofy, physical comedy that even cracks up my old man.

TBF I like the second one for what it was. lots of quotable lines. The third one sucked.
oh don't get me wrong I enjoyed them all, but that first one is a classic.

Tucker. I like his early stand up and his movies were much better.

Epps' career is the side of peas nobody asked for on their plate and didnt eat anyway.

I really enjoyed Friday and Next Friday. Both were really good. I saw this clip on tv late one night and laughed so hard, I bought all 3 movies.

First time I saw it, I thought, in the story, Blackson was on PCP because I'd never seen someone that hostile in my life.

Chris Tucker as Smokey is the template for the weed buddy

Tucker and it’s not even close. Although I find them both slightly irritating.

Back