Chris Leben: "Derek Brunson Is A Boring Fighter, I Let Him Hit Me"

1356838621250.gif

i made it to decisioooooooooon!

Agreed..
Brunson came out boring.. Another Jackson fighter fighting to not lose

Can't blame Jackson tough. he works with what he has...Not everyone is talented and exciting like Erik Perez, Swanson or the russian guy who suplexed Pichel into oblivion

Talking shit after a loss really isn't any more exciting.

Last edited:
They both gassed badly and looked like they were unready for the fight rds 2/3 were unwatchable. Brunson was debuting on a short notice, but whats Leben excuse?

More like "I just won my UFC debuuuuuuuuuut!" which is something he should be proud of.

Exactly. Took the biggest fight of his career on short notice and won it. It wasn't pretty, but he won. Good for him. Sour grapes for Leben who looked like shit.

Haha, I like the Catsmasher, but he got trolled.

LnPed for three rounds then the guy lets out a battle scream and falls over in his face. I thought Leben was going to go all Daley there for a minute.

Pot calling the kettle black. Both of them were boring and both of them deserved to have their pay revoked. Leben is a shit fighter, he always has been, but guys who like the brawlers with tattoos and dyed hair tune in to watch him fight. Leben shouldn't even be on a maincard as far as I'm concerned, he hasn't done shit in the last 5 years to deserve a spot.

Ever heard of W. Silva? Passed his prime or not, Leben Knocked him right the fuck out and was in stunning fashion

I respect Brunson for taking the fight. However I do not respect the way he fought. Joe Silva didn't look to exciting either.

I don't remember it being the worst fight ever. I remeber Leben couldn't get up and struggled with the wrestling all fight. Considering Brunson took the fight on super short notice I would blame Leben for the lackluster fight. If he was able to stuff some take downs maybe it would have been a better fight.

I don't remember it being the worst fight ever. I remeber Leben couldn't get up and struggled with the wrestling all fight. Considering Brunson took the fight on super short notice I would blame Leben for the lackluster fight. If he was able to stuff some take downs maybe it would have been a better fight.

This was a ring rusted Leben. The Leben that beat Aaron Simpson(a much better wrestler) and Terry Martin would have wen't to town on Brunson.

Agreed..
Brunson came out boring.. Another Jackson fighter fighting to not lose

you forgot cocky. another boring jackson gameplan not to lose where the guy thinks he is amazing.

Brunson took him down and punched him and on the feet he landed many one-twos. Leben didn't do anything. Leben is just upset.

there was like a 2 fight stretch where i liked leben. his time in the ufc is about up.

This was a ring rusted Leben. The Leben that beat Aaron Simpson(a much better wrestler) and Terry Martin would have wen't to town on Brunson.

LOL. What a joke to keep seeing this stuff.

Brunson was working another job, got call on 8 days notice. He obviously had UFC jitters making debut on PPV main card as first bout agaisnt a known tough opponent. I would hope a worthy solid UFC MW could beat him. Instead Leben did nothing got outwrestled and outstruck. The fight would've been more boring if it wasn't for Brunson's activity.

I love how everyone wants to look for excuses for the long time UFC vet who has already had like a million chances and went through full training camp preparing for a wrestler.

Talk about a sore loser.

(I have a distasteful joke about Chris' sore nature and his recent pain pill troubles that is probably better left unsaid, but I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.)

Ring rust doesn't hold up as an excuse when your opponent has only two years experience, is coming off back to back losses (One of which is a first round KO loss to Jacare), and is taking the fight on extremely short notice.

LOL. What a joke to keep seeing this stuff.

Brunson was working another job, got call on 8 days notice. He obviously had UFC jitters making debut on PPV main card as first bout agaisnt a known tough opponent.

I love how everyone wants to look for excuses for the long time UFC vet who has already had like a million chances and went through full training camp preparing for a wrestler.

What joke? He hadn't competed in over 13 months and Brunson (while taking the fight on short notice) had competed 3 times since then. Ring rust is real. You gave your opinion of Brunson, and I gave mine about Leben. Do belittle my view because yours isn't all that different.

Ring rust doesn't hold up as an excuse when your opponent has only two years experience, is coming off back to back losses (One of which is a first round KO loss to Jacare), and is taking the fight on extremely short notice.

You have yours and I have mine.

What joke? He hadn't competed in over 13 months and Brunson (while taking the fight on short notice) had competed 3 times since then. Ring rust is real. You gave your opinion of Brunson, and I gave mine about Leben. Do belittle my view because yours isn't all that different.

Back