Chris Hemsworth to Play Hulk Hogan in Biopic

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Chris Hemsworth to Play Hulk Hogan in Biopic Directed by Todd Phillips

qybVbwH.jpg

Hulkamania is going to run wild. Chris Hemsworth is set to portray wrestling superstar Hulk Hogan in a biopic that reunites Todd Phillips with Scott Silver, the respective director and writer of the upcoming DC Comics movie The Joker. John Pollono (Stronger) will co-write the script with Silver.

Deals for the Hogan project are in the midst of closing with Netflix. Producing will be Michael Sugar, the Academy Award winner behind Spotlight, who will produce via his Netflix-based Sugar23, and Phillips and Bradley Cooper, who will produce via their banner Joint Effort. Also producing will be Hemsworth and Eric Bischoff.

One of the biggest names in wrestling of all time, Hogan was a fixture on TV sets in 1980s America as part of the World Wrestling Federation who subsequently parlayed his championships-winning leg drops and star power into forays into movies and television, endorsements and video games.

Born Terry Gene Bollea, Hogan began his career in the late 1970s in the Florida wrestling circuit, and when he started in the WWF, he frequently squared off against Andre the Giant as a villainous fighter. When Vince McMahon took over the company and began expanding it into a national presence, Hogan was its face and by then a hero persona. By the end of the '80s, he was one of the Me Decade’s key personalities, gracing magazine covers, appearing on nightly talk shows and even headlining a Saturday morning cartoon.

In the 21st century, however, Hogan’s fortunes were see-sawing as personal conflicts overtook those inside the ring. Most notably, he was embroiled in a sex tape scandal, with the wife of a friend and radio personality, including a years-long lawsuit that precipitated the end of Gawker and led to Hogan receiving tens of millions of dollars in a settlement.

The biopic will not delve into those years or attempt to encompass Hogan's entire life. Instead, sources say it will focus on his rise and is described as an origin story of the Hulkster and Hulkamania.

The deal, which took months to put together, will include life rights, with Bollea acting as a consultant on the movie as well as executive producer. Also exec producing will be Sugar23's Ashley Zalta. Steve Desmond and Michael Sherman will co-produce the project, which is in its early stages.

Chris Hemsworth to Play Hulk Hogan in Biopic Directed by Todd Phillips (Exclusive)

Does he pack the shaft that ol' Terry packs? I'll need to see for further opinions to be made.

FFS!!! First Bane played by a 5'9 guy, even though comic book bane is like 6'6/6'8!!

Now this Chris guy who's unlikey 6'3 playing a prime Hogan who was like 6'7!!

FFS!!! First Bane played by a 5'9 guy, even though comic book bane is like 6'6/6'8!!

Now this Chris guy who's unlikey 6'3 playing a prime Hogan who was like 6'7!!

I rather a talented actor plays the role than some random with the correct height plays it.

I'm picturing a trailer like this with Vince pitching Hulk to leave AWA and how he's gonna take the WWF national to end the territories and he needs a star. I hope it's that kind of tone where it's not taking itself too seriously

I rather a talented actor plays the role than some random with the correct height plays it.
We will never know the acting applicabilities of unknowns as long as big names are always cast for roles!

Know who's how many big muscle heads might actually be great actors anyway! But they are not given the chance above that Bane guy!

As long as it has him playing rhythm guitar for Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo, I'm fine with it.

We will never know the acting applicabilities of unknowns as long as big names are always cast for roles!

Know who's how many big muscle heads might actually be great actors anyway! But they are not given the chance above that Bane guy!

Studios gonna studios.

They aren't out to gamble, they are out to make $$ unfortunately.
Just look at the past 5 to 10 years top grossing films. Barely 10% are great films, most are popcorn flicks that break records but won't be remembered in long term except for the insane amount of money they made.

I enjoy biopics. The first one I saw was Dragon The Bruce Lee Story. I believe that came out in 93. And I was about 8-9 when it came out. And I was thinking to myself, wow, he died 20 years ago that was a loooooong time ago. A number I couldn’t even comprehend. Now, I look back, 20 years ago...? Seems like yesterday.

Hemsworth was great in the Rush racing biopic. I'm confident he can handle this one.

Let the coke and burials run wild Brother!!!

Isn't Hogan still persona non grata due to his rant which happened only few years ago?

I'm gonna predict that a shitstorm is about to hit. Who thought this was a good idea at this point of time?

I'm skeptical Hemsworth can pull this off, but he has shown to be talented in recent films.
I'm curious to see how he does the Hulksters voice.

No one in charge is going to take that kind of chance. Hemsworth is a solid actor. And much more importantly, he makes the Bitches wet and the Gays hard. A lot of people who would normally laugh at the idea of a wrestling movie will pay to see the Odinson spend a large part of the film with his shirt off. And grappling with other big, sweaty guys.

Money talks, bro:rolleyes:

An australian dude playing an american wrestling icon...

I'm 50/50 on this.

An australian dude playing an american wrestling icon...

I'm 50/50 on this.

Hogan wasn't just an American bro. He was a REAL American

You should probably be happy though because 99% of Hollywood wanted to cast a Mexican dude just to resist Trump

Hogan wasn't just an American bro. He was a REAL American

You should probably be happy though because 99% of Hollywood wanted to cast a Mexican dude just to resist Trump
LMFAO.

agree on the real American though.

Back