• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

Nothing she said suggested any type of sexual predation. Manipulation? Yes. But not predatory behavior. She never said the word rape. She instead tried to allude to it by saying “sex against my will,” which is not necessarily rape. And I think that’s because she knows her story is pretty thin.
I’m not saying he was or wasn’t if you read my original post . I was just saying , in what you quoted, the reasons some are calling him a sexual predator has nothing to do with “ her cheating on him so he won’t work with people who work with her” .. that has nothing to do with why people are saying he is . People take things differently from other people, saying “ sex against my will “ can or can not be rape . All I’m saying is let’s wait for the facts to come out and not believe one side because she is a women and another side because you like his shows or comedy.. one side is jumping all over him and another is defending him, let’s all chill and wait . Your definition of what a sexual predator is may be different from others... what he did may not be illegal but maybe just a scumbag move but let’s wait for more facts to come out .

Last edited:
eh, i seen a guy on twitter back up her claims, was gonna post but then i got distracted looking at hot muscular men . . .
<{1-10}>

oh, easily found it again
tumblr_pafs9aOvzB1qbinpto1_540.jpg
Dude, for the love of God, use a fucking period.

Well its that and the allegations about when they were dating. He talked her into sex? What does that mean?
He said he did not want her going out without him? As in she wanted to go drinking at the club by herself and he said not while we are together?
Even the stuff that is alleged ambiguous. She even tries to justify cheating on him as some act of rebellion. Come on
If you construe these allegations in the worst light towards this guy then it makes him look like a bad guy. Still not criminal.
If you construe these allegations as the words of a jilted ex then I don't see how this possible is being used to ruin someone
So you do know some of the other allegations, you seemed to nit pick in your post. I never said it was criminal and don’t know if anyone has, all I was saying is there is more to “ they are claiming this because she cheated on him and he refuses to work with her” . That’s not why people are saying it . I , like everyone else, Do not know all the facts.. so I’m not taking a side. ( see my original post) but people arnt upset because he refuses to work with someone who cheated on him

I’m not saying he was or wasn’t if you read my original post . I was just saying , in what you quoted, the reasons some are calling him a sexual predator has nothing to do with “ her cheating on him so he won’t work with people who work with her” .. that has nothing to do with why people are saying he is . People take things differently from other people, saying “ sex against my will “ can or can not be rape . All I’m saying is let’s wait for the facts to come out and not believe one side because she is a women and another side because you like his shows or comedy.. one side is jumping all over him and another is defending him, let’s all chill and wait . Your definition of what a sexual predator is may be different from others... what he did may not be illegal but maybe a scumbag move but let’s wait for more facts to come out .

There aren’t going to be any facts that come out unless she has this proof she claimed she had. But there will never be proof of sexual abuse short of a video she claims to have. So unless that video comes out, we all have nothing but what she said, what we can infer from that, and what he said as well as what we can infer from that. And what i’ve inferred is that it is highly unlikely that he did anything that would warrant the shitstorm that will likely consume his life indefinitely.

That said, AMC probably did the right thing by delaying the premier of his show until they can make a judgement as to the credibility of her claims. But I’m predicting he did not abuse her any way. Maybe emotionally. But shit happens in relationships which could often look like manipulation and emotional abuse.

We’re yet to see if his career is ruined. Some lady claimed Aziz Ansari sexually harassed her and when she told her story, the world collectively said, “Oh give us a break.”

There aren’t going to be any facts that come out unless she has this proof she claimed she had. But there will never be proof of sexual abuse short of a video she claims to have. So unless that video comes out, we all have nothing but what she said, what we can infer from that, and what he said as well as what we can infer from that. And what i’ve inferred is that it is highly unlikely that he did anything that would warrant the shitstorm that will likely consume his life indefinitely.

That said, AMC probably did the right thing by delaying the premier of his show until they can make a judgement as to the credibility of her claims. But I’m predicting he did not abuse her any way. Maybe emotionally. But shit happens in relationships which could often look like manipulation and emotional abuse.
I agreeAMC did the right thing. Also I agree we may never know that’s why I’m neither defending him or agreeing with her. I was just pointing out , in what you quoted originally, that’s not why people were upset or saying that about him.

We’re yet to see if his career is ruined. Some lady claimed Aziz Ansari sexually harassed her and when she told her story, the world collectively said, “Oh give us a break.”

His show and all his appearances have been cancelled...

Stopping listening to music sound reverse to what should happen. Trauma leads to seeking forms of escape, not abstaining from it.

I really don't understand why people are losing their jobs or being fired over some of these allegations. I'm not talking about cases where there are accusations of the sort leveled against Cosby or Spacey, but more the kind of accusation against Hardwick. I mean this on every level; I don't even understand why AMC is suspending Hardwick, even from the point of view of publicity. Dykstra isn't an employee of AMC, and honestly, this is probably doing more to generate publicity for the Talking Dead (which I'd heard mentioned in passing perhaps once before in my life) than anything AMC could ask for. Even if everything alleged is true, what the hell does that have to do with Hardwick's work?

I read Dykstra's article on Medium. I'm going to be charitable and assume that everything she says is true, and that she bears no responsibility for the dysfunction she describes in their relationship. Please note that she admits to cheating on him, although she doesn't describe it in those terms. But even if you accept her story at face value, nothing mentioned in it, except for the accusations of blacklisting (depending on how it was done), could conceivably open Hardwick up to civil liability, let alone criminal charges.

If she is giving the gospel truth, Hardwick is certainly excessively controlling, emotionally cold, manipulative, and a sexual leech. In the broadest sense of the term, he is abusive. There used to be words for people like that: cad, for one. But consider; it's not illegal to be a shitty and inconsiderate boyfriend. She doesn't describe him as physically abusing her, physically restraining her, or sexually assaulting her, as that term is legally understood. So she has no case against him for that in a court of law.

So why the hell should he be suspended from his job over this? Cards on the table; I think the current paradigm for sexual relations between men and women in the West is dysfunctional. We don't have a paradigm outside of consent for describing sexual behaviour which we don't like, which means we reduce every sexual situation to the legal question of whether there was consent, which leads to the problem of regret over sex becoming sexual assault the next morning. Men and women don't have a consistent framework for how they are supposed to interact with each other outside of the bounds of legality, which is insane, because it forces the law to squeeze way tighter onto behaviour than it should. The law is not a sufficiently discerning tool to do this.

Some men and women who are very socially adept can navigate this world without issue, but overall, it is bad for men, bad for women, bad for families, and bad for the children with the misfortune of growing up in these families. So I agree that, if Hardwick is the kind of man Dykstra says he is, it would be better if he wasn't a controlling asshole. But I honestly feel like a certain subset of #MeToo is women just being incredibly dissatisfied with the landscape of modern relationships and punishing men for it when they have the chance. Fair enough; if you feel like you've been used for sex and the world offers you an easy weapon, you'd have to be a saint not to feel the temptation.

Side note: there is a weird undercurrent of moral panic to #MeToo. These things routinely sweep America every generation or so. This one is particularly weird in that it seems to have at its roots a desire to punish men for failing to be kind and considerate lovers, which is like the weirdest mix of hippy-free love bullshit and puritanism I've ever considered. But since #MeToo is happening, we need to address these issues.

So here are the important questions I don't feel like anyone is seriously considering:
1) What (if anything) should Hardwick's punishment be, if Dykstra is telling the truth? Criminal proceedings? Civil Proceedings? Job loss? Social shaming? What is the punishment fitting the crime?
2) What share (if any) of the blame does Dykstra deserve for staying in a relationship with Hardwick for three years?
3) What is the appropriate venue for airing these sorts of grievances?
4) What standard of proof should we require before punishing someone (if any?)
5) What (if anything) can/should a man do to avoid ending up in the sort of situation guys like Hardwick or Ansari (if you remember that story) found themselves in?
6) What (if anything) can/should a woman do to avoid ending up in Dykstra's position?
7) What (if anything) can/should you do if you observe this sort of relationship, as a third party?
8) What (if anything) can/should society at large do in these sorts of situations?

Rant over.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why people are losing their jobs or being fired over some of these allegations. I'm not talking about cases where there are accusations of the sort leveled against Cosby of Spacey, but more the kind of accusation against Hardwick. I mean this on every level; I don't even understand why AMC is suspending Hardwick, even from the point of view of publicity. Dykstra isn't an employee of AMC, and honestly, this is probably doing more to generate publicity for the Talking Dead (which I'd heard mentioned in passing perhaps once before in my life) than anything AMC could ask for. Even if everything alleged is true, what the hell does that have to do with Hardwick's work?

I read Dykstra's article on Medium. I'm going to be charitable and assume that everything she says is true, and that she bears no responsibility for the dysfunction she describes in their relationship. Please note that she admits to cheating on him, although she doesn't describe it in those terms. But even if you accept her story at face value, nothing mentioned in it, except for the accusations of blacklisting (depending on how it was done), could conceivably open Hardwick up to civil liability, let alone criminal charges.

If she is giving the gospel truth, Hardwick is certainly excessively controlling, emotionally cold, manipulative, and a sexual leech. In the broadest sense of the term, he is abusive. There used to be words for people like that: cad, for one. But consider; it's not illegal to be a shitty and inconsiderate boyfriend. She doesn't describe him as physically abusing her, physically restraining her, or sexually assaulting her, as that term is legally understood. So she has no case against him for that in a court of law.

So why the hell should he be suspended from his job over this? Cards on the table; I think the current paradigm for sexual relations between men and women in the West is dysfunctional. We don't have a paradigm outside of consent for describing sexual behaviour which we don't like, which means we reduce every sexual situation to the legal question of whether there was consent, which leads to the problem of regret over sex becoming sexual assault the next morning. Men and women don't have a consistent framework for how they are supposed to interact with each other outside of the bounds of legality, which is insane, because it forces the law to squeeze way tighter onto behaviour than it should. The law is not a sufficiently discerning tool to do this.

Some men and women who are very socially adept can navigate this world without issue, but overall, it is bad for men, bad for women, bad for families, and bad for the children with the misfortune of growing up in these families. So I agree that, if Hardwick is the kind of man Dykstra says he is, it would be better if he wasn't a controlling asshole. But I honestly feel like a certain subset of #MeToo is women just being incredibly dissatisfied with the landscape of modern relationships and punishing men for it when they have the chance. Fair enough; if you feel like you've been used for sex and the world offers you an easy weapon, you'd have to be a saint not to feel the temptation.

Side note: there is a weird undercurrent of moral panic to #MeToo. These things routinely sweep America every generation or so. This one is particularly weird in that it seems to have at its roots a desire to punish men for failing to be kind and considerate lovers, which is like the weirdest mix of hippy-free love bullshit and puritanism I've ever considered. But since #MeToo is happening, we need to address these issues.

So here are the important questions I don't feel like anyone is seriously considering:
1) What (if anything) should Hardwick's punishment be, if Dykstra is telling the truth? Criminal proceedings? Civil Proceedings? Job loss? Social shaming? What is the punishment fitting the crime?
2) What share (if any) of the blame does Dykstra deserve for staying in a relationship with Hardwick for three years?
3) What is the appropriate venue for airing these sorts of grievances?
4) What standard of proof should we require before punishing someone (if any?)
5) What (if anything) can/should a man do to avoid ending up in the sort of situation guys like Hardwick or Ansari (if you remember that story) found themselves in?
6) What (if anything) can/should a woman do to avoid ending up in Dykstra's position?
7) What (if anything) can/should you do if you observe this sort of relationship, as a third party?
8) What (if anything) can/should society at large do in these sorts of situations?

Rant over.
somebody give me cliffs lol wtf man

somebody give me cliffs lol wtf man

TLDR: If Dykstra is telling the truth, Hardwick is a shitheel, but not a criminal. We need to figure out how we want to address this sort of shitty behaviour, because our current system sucks.

I'm all about the #metoo movement. Look no further than the MSU/ US Gymnastics pedophilia epidemic to see the potential negative outcomes when these types of allegations are ignored/ swept under the rug.

BUT... that doesn't mean we destroy every person who is accused of something.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Damn.

I always thought Sherdog was a congregation of alpha males, leaders of the packs, bangers of 11/10s and benchers of the 275s. I would've mistaken this forum to be called Sherwolf out of its sheer masculinity.

And yet here we have a bunch of Sherdoggers wishing joblessness on a supposedly beta, low T nerd because some celebrity chick he was allegedly banging accused him of something without evidence.

It's ALMOST like alpha Sherdoggers are jealous of this beta nerd or something.

sheep_in_wolf__s_clothing_by_sebreg-d4fg3n0-2dyweon-1nnja9f.jpg

tumblr_n3bo48bg1L1qz8x31o1_500.gif

I'm all about the #metoo movement. Look no further than the MSU/ US Gymnastics pedophilia epidemic to see the potential negative outcomes when these types of allegations are ignored/ swept under the rug.

BUT... that doesn't mean we destroy every person who is accused of something.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Judging on the FB comments, looks like thousands of women who supports the #MeToo movement are also against this Guilty Until Proven Innocent judgement against Hardwick:

He's actually married to a Hearst heir (yes, THAT Hearst family).
gettyimages-644698930_opt-1.jpg

Not that I care about him or this particular accusation, but I thought I'd let the Sherdog manlet crew know one of their own has married into great wealth despite having zero talent or charisma.

She probably thought that he was the co-star in Breaking Bad when he said he had a show in AMC

He was great as Thomas Wayne in Batman Begins and as the suicidal Furyan in Riddick
latest

Judging on the FB comments, looks like thousands of women who supports the #MeToo movement are also against this Guilty Until Proven Innocent judgement against Hardwick:

As they should be. It will only take a few highly publicized failures to obliterate any progress made.

it seems to have at its roots a desire to punish men for failing to be kind and considerate lovers, which is like the weirdest mix of hippy-free love bullshit and puritanism I've ever considered

Damn that's a great quote.

eh, i seen a guy on twitter back up her claims, was gonna post but then i got distracted looking at hot muscular men . . .
<{1-10}>

oh, easily found it again
tumblr_pafs9aOvzB1qbinpto1_540.jpg

I don't think he's taking heat for using his influence and having his cheating (allegedly) ex-girlfriend barred from particular jobs.

Back