Chris Arreola fails drug test

Nah, if its banned by the athletic commission then you can't use it for training or competition. Doesn't matter if its illegal or not.
This is true. Just like Brandon Rios failed his test because he was taking jack3d prior to the Manny fight. That stuff is in every GNC.

This is true. Just like Brandon Rios failed his test because he was taking jack3d prior to the Manny fight. That stuff is in every GNC.

WTF?!?

That's a preworkout supp....

I used to take it all the time (before they banned it and replaced it with a shittier version)

Explains all the burritos.

I don't buy that excuse wasn't the j3cked scandal many years ago? how could he take that for the Pacquiao fight?

also recreational drugs aren't banned in training only if you test within 24 hours of the fight I'm pretty sure the commisions handle such things the same in MMA and boxing

I don't buy that excuse wasn't the j3cked scandal many years ago? how could he take that for the Pacquiao fight?

also recreational drugs aren't banned in training only if you test within 24 hours of the fight I'm pretty sure the commisions handle such things the same in MMA and boxing
It was a stimulant he tested positive for, and one that is found in Jack3d.

I agree. He actually says he has no idea how he tested positive for it, and that he took Jack3d in the past, but not for Pacquiao.

My point was just that the stimulant he tested positive for is widely available and legal in store-bought supplements. It's up to the athlete to know what they are ingesting.

It was a stimulant he tested positive for, and one that is found in Jack3d.

I agree. He actually says he has no idea how he tested positive for it, and that he took Jack3d in the past, but not for Pacquiao.

My point was just that the stimulant he tested positive for is widely available and legal in store-bought supplements. It's up to the athlete to know what they are ingesting.

Jack3d is an IQ testing supplement, it's been aroudn for ages, and many in the athletic world have gotten caught for it, as you allude to, "they should have known better". Jesse Norris a young world class, elite level, world record level breaking athlete in powerlifting got caught from the same supplement recently. He should have known just like Mr Rios, but these guys want to get the best edge in the universe, and look nice, jacked, and most importantly tight. I don't blame them, when you cut down body fat to low levels, you witness your physiological structure, and it amazes you to see them all function in unison to your movements. People automatically think your fitness level went over 9000. Not to mention after you take a shower and wipe yourself down, you can feel the soft tightness of your muscles as your hands glide down your moist clean skin as you wipe away the water droplets. The feeling of loving your physicality improves the Ego, and nurtures the confidence. They couldn't fight it, they needed it in their lives.

I've never heard of a test for weed that can only check the past 24 hours. If it's a urine test, the whatever is stored and released by fat/metabolizing fat will be present until - for lack of a better phrase - it's just not there anymore.

Blood tests might be more accurate but aren't standard procedure.

I've never heard of a test for weed that can only check the past 24 hours. If it's a urine test, the whatever is stored and released by fat/metabolizing fat will be present until - for lack of a better phrase - it's just not there anymore.

Blood tests might be more accurate but aren't standard procedure.

that's not what I meant. Even if you test positive for weed you get no punishment unless it's within 24 or 48 (i forgot) hours of the fight. That's the reason why Jon Jones tested positive for cocaine and got no punishment by the commision. Recreational drugs aren't banned in competition which is by definition those 24 or 48 hours around fight night,

that's not what I meant. Even if you test positive for weed you get no punishment unless it's within 24 or 48 (i forgot) hours of the fight. That's the reason why Jon Jones tested positive for cocaine and got no punishment by the commision. Recreational drugs aren't banned in competition which is by definition those 24 or 48 hours around fight night,
I don't think thats true. I can think of several fighters who have been suspended and/or fined for marijuana.

I don't think thats true. I can think of several fighters who have been suspended and/or fined for marijuana.

yes because they tested positive for it on fight night either in the pre or post fight test leading up to the fight. If there was random testing or testing many days or even a week out and a fighter teested positive then nothing would happen. if a positive test result shows up on the usual pre or post fight test which are done within 24 hours of a fight then the fighter gets penalized.

The thing with weed is that it generally has a long detection time but they raised the allowed levels of metabloties like a year ago so now fighters egenrally only fail a test if they really used close to the test and not 2 weeks out and even back then the levels weren't that low and there's a good chance that fighters who tested positive smoked within a few days of the fight.

If you take a drug test and it shows that there is marijuana in your system, you are going to get fined and/or suspended. Its a banned substance, you can't have it in your system.

If you take a drug test and it shows that there is marijuana in your system, you are going to get fined and/or suspended. Its a banned substance, you can't have it in your system.

No.

Only if it's a pre or post fight drug test if it's a drug test several weeks or even days out of the fight then nothing happens and the information that you tested positive isn't even supposed to be released as the commision admitted they fucked up releasing Jon jones's positive cocaine test.

You can only have the metabolites not in your system (above the limit so not even not at all) right around your fight date.

That's WADA. Not the Athletic commission. That's exactly why people were so confused about the Nick Diaz situation a while back.

Diaz tested positive on fight night he tested positive on the post fight drug test right afterwards so "in competition". The NSAC site sends you to the WADA site, pretty much every commision in any sport all over the world follows WADA standards.
Pretty sure both Jones and Diaz got tested by the same commision the difference is Jones was an out of competition test while Diaz' was the post fight drug test.
Go to the NSAC website and they'll send you to the WADA site if you want to know their rules as 99% of all commisions all over the world for any sport will do

That's WADA. Not the Athletic commission. That's exactly why people were so confused about the Nick Diaz situation a while back.

The ACs follow WADA guidelines. Testing over the threshold for cannabinoids outside of competition (and, off the top of my head, ACs rarely test out of competition except in rare, extenuating circumstances) doesn't warrant any sanction nowadays.

Back