Chito just never learns...

Lol easier said than done when you have aelite striker throwing pin point strikes with power at you.. lol

Damn all Chito had to do was move forward LMAO
It's the story of all Chittos fight, thos performance was nothing knew, chitto does this every fight.

It's the story of all Chittos fight, thos performance was nothing knew, chitto does this every fight.
And so against a deadly striker it was bound to be that way. If he opened up early when O'malley was fresh he would have probably got caught and KO'ed.

O'malley's just the better fighter and no matter what Chito did he was going to get outclassed or KOed

And so against a deadly striker it was bound to be that way. If he opened up early when O'malley was fresh he would have probably got caught and KO'ed.

O'malley's just the better fighter and no matter what Chito did he was going to get outclassed or KOed
It's not just against a deadly strikers. Even in his wins he's sat back, the only difference is he landed 1 big strike.

Just no sense of urgency. I felt Chito needed to make it a dog fight and he may of been able to break O’Malley. Dude was trying to strike and taking pot shots all fight.

Bizarre game plan.
He would get slept by counter, still would have better chance though

It aint easy but it was clear that Omalley didnt like working up close and right next to the cage, Vera never got a game going.
Its almost impossible to get sean against the cage tho or even behind the black line for more than a couple seconds

Whenever I look at him, I always think he's a bit slow mentally and probably has about two marbles rolling around upstairs. And my suspicions were proven right last night, brainless fighter

EXACTLY!

I literally said in my original post that he did the same w Frankie and Dom until he caught them late. These experts keep talking about us not knowing what we're watching when it was literally Chito's usual style and fight IQ on display.

Just no sense of urgency. I felt Chito needed to make it a dog fight and he may of been able to break O’Malley. Dude was trying to strike and taking pot shots all fight.

Bizarre game plan.
This.

I’ve saw in this very fight that Vera has an ungodly chin on him if he could of pressed Sean he could forces exchanges that he could of gotten the best of.

This is another perfect example of why contract pay, championships, finish bonus, and all that stuff is bullshit. Some guys can have everything on the table and they can't perform. Vera fought a guy he already beat, would have become champion, made more money, got more attention, yet did nothing. We can pretend we know what motivates fighters but at the end of the day we don't know shit.

Everytime he moved fwd, he broke Sean's rhythm and made it an actual fight. He let Sean operate from the outside the whole time. Smdh! He was just way too inactive. He got lucky with Frankie and Dom by finishing them late in fights he was losing. He's not gonna win at a high level that way.
I said before had chito had to start fast. He didn't. Hopefully he can make the adjustments going forward cos with a chin like that there are good fights to be had.

A lot of people who were wrong about O’Malley will continue to complain about the performance of his opponents…….

You guys acting like that's an easy thing to do. O'Malley has the quickest feet and pivots we've ever seen in mma and he can crack to boot. Chito had to walk through hell to get to him and probably was already compromised by the time Sean slowed down a little by round 4.

What? It actually is incredibly easy to walk forward, which is what op said. And no omalley doesn't have the quicker feet and pivots we've ever seen and saying goofy as shit like that is why people don't take this sport serious.

His problem is he's not that good. He doesn't excell at any aspect of MMA except durability and cardio. I guess he has good kicks but he's not exactly Barboza. If he wasn't one of the tuffest most unbreakable mofos of all time I doubt he'd be ranked.
Name.one guy who's finished multiple future hall of famers whos 'not that good'. I get it he has a hole in his game but youre not talking about somebody riding to a dec every fight.

You guys acting like that's an easy thing to do. O'Malley has the quickest feet and pivots we've ever seen in mma and he can crack to boot. Chito had to walk through hell to get to him and probably was already compromised by the time Sean slowed down a little by round 4.

It isn't easy to do, but Chito was getting hurt badly playing the waiting game and actually had O'Malley looking uncomfortable when he attempted to pressure with combinations. So maybe, just maybe, he might have had something there.

I’m a far bigger fan of Chito than O Malley; however, Chito’s made almost no improvements in his game.

The holes in his game are still the same as they were 5 years ago:
-0 head movement
-Hardly checks legs kicks(tries to compensate for this by constantly switching stances)
-Only mode of defense is to either parry and hope for a counter or to half-heartedly throw up a high guard, only defending against hooks(leaving himself vulnerable to strikes coming right down the middle)
-Nonexistent foot work

I’m not saying every fighter that has noticeable holes in their game suck; i’m just saying the fact that he’s never even exhibited any effort to plug those holes in any of his fights is what really gimps his growth in the sport.

Like if this mothafucka just MOVED HIS FUCKING HEAD he wouldn’t have to had taken so many straights to his mouth piece as he did in his rematch with O Malley — even could have countered with a strike to O Malley’s mid section if he showed some type of dynamic movement other than just putting up a half-assed high guard block.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
delray
Back