• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Law Chinese Citizen Journalists Who Reported On The COVID Pandemic In Wuhan Are Being Sent To Prison.

Black men
White women
Dogs
Rap music

Right? And big dongs. Destroying the west right?

My big dong is destroying korean and chinese pussy! My cock is the evil white patriarchy!

tenor.gif

This is why we cant trust China

hio ShinkaPo,

i have a question for you, though i guess it addresses a broader topic than the OP.

lets say China is "evil". then what? that's my question.

like, lets say we both agree that because of 1) organ harvesting, 2) Uyghur oppression, 3) authoritarian oppression of free speech - China is evil.

lets also agree that the major trading blocs on the planet don't seem to care about this evilness - because they clearly don't.

where would you like to see US/China trade and foreign relations go from here, now that we've agreed on the stipulated points?

i address question to anyone who loves the Epoch Times, or anyone else who routinely interjects anecdotes regarding the evilness of China into any discussion regarding China.

- IGIT

hio ShinkaPo,

i have a question for you, though i guess it addresses a broader topic than the OP.

lets say China is "evil". then what? that's my question.

like, lets say we both agree that because of 1) organ harvesting, 2) Uyghur oppression, 3) authoritarian oppression of free speech - China is evil.

lets also agree that the major trading blocs on the planet don't seem to care about this evilness - because they clearly don't.

where would you like to see US/China trade and foreign relations go from here, now that we've agreed on the stipulated points?

i address question to anyone who loves the Epoch Times, or anyone else who routinely interjects anecdotes regarding the evilness of China into any discussion regarding China.

- IGIT

Bring back some of the garments and electric manufacturing to the Philippines and Vietnam.

this is why the US does so much business with china

hiya THEfightsAREfixed,

this is the question that needs to be asked (and re-asked) every time a "China is evil" thread is scribed.

the answer is simple, of course.

its profitable and its the American way. if the US cared about organ harvesting, or the strong arm tacticts the Chinese use to facilitate their theft of IP, or the oppression of the Muslims, or the betrayal in Hong Kong MORE than making money, we wouldn't be doing business with Xi.

but we don't, so we are.

- IGIT

Those of us who participated in the very first Coronavirus News & Discussion thread when it was still on the other side of the world surely remember all the harrowing cellphone footages posted from inside Wuhan, before those citizen reporters began disappearing one by one, some even had their doors kicked down and dragged away in the middle of the stream?

Well, now they are finally being prosecuted by the Chinese government, for the same type of "crimes" that Dr. Li Wenliang were forced to "confess" when be blew the whistle on their cover-up.

Admit that you're wrong for speaking up and you might get released by the generosity of the CCP, adamant that you did nothing wrong and you'll get several years in prison, strapped down to your bed with a tube sticking down your throat to force-feed you prison food if you try to hunger-strike.

-----

Chinese citizen journalist Zhang Zhan sentenced for reporting early on COVID in Wuhan

Beijing — A Chinese court on Monday sentenced a former lawyer who reported on the early stage of the coronavirus outbreak to four years in prison on charges of "picking fights and provoking trouble," one of her lawyers said. The Pudong New Area People's Court in the financial hub of Shanghai gave the sentence to Zhang Zhan following accusations she spread false information, gave interviews to foreign media, disrupted public order and "maliciously manipulated" the outbreak.

Lawyer Zhang Keke confirmed the sentence but said it was "inconvenient" to provide details - usually an indication that the court has issued a partial gag order. He said the court didn't ask Zhang whether she would appeal, nor did she indicate whether she would.

Zhang, 37, traveled to Wuhan in February and posted on various social media platforms about the outbreak that is believed to have emerged in the central Chinese city late last year.

She was arrested in May amid tough nationwide measures aimed at curbing the outbreak and heavy censorship to deflect criticism of the government's initial response. Zhang reportedly went on a prolonged hunger strike while in detention, prompting authorities to forcibly feed her, and is said to be in poor health.

Earlier this month, an attorney flor Zhang who wished to remain anonymous told CBS News Zhang was restrained 24 hours a day with a belt around her waist and both hands tied to prevent her from pulling out a feeding tube.

The lawyer, who visited her at least twice, said she was experiencing headaches, dizziness and stomach and mouth pain due to the insertion of the gastric tube for forced feeding, and that Zhang told him that, "every day is torture."

Zhang is among several citizen journalists whose work offered some of the only glimpses to the outside world of what was going on in Wuhan in the early days of the coronavirus pandemic — and who were subsequently detained by the Chinese government.

Citizen journalist Chen Qiushi went missing in February at about the same time as Li Zehua and Wuhan resident Fang Bin, both of whom also reported on the coronavirus outbreak in Wuhan. Li Zehua was released in April.

China has been accused of covering up the initial outbreak and delaying the release of crucial information, enabling the virus to spread and contributing to the pandemic that has sickened more than 80 million people worldwide and killed almost 1.8 million. Beijing vigorously denies the accusations, saying it took swift action that bought time for the rest of the world to prepare.

China's ruling Communist Party tightly controls the media and seeks to block dissemination of information it hasn't approved for release.

In the early days of the outbreak, authorities reprimanded several Wuhan doctors for "rumor-mongering" after they alerted friends on social media. The best known of the doctors, Li Wenliang, later succumbed to COVID-19.

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEMdWKtpeTHNSXqOF22sJmT0qGQgEKhAIACoHCAowyNj6CjDyiPICMJyFxQU?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

Disgusting. She's a hero.

Bring back some of the garments and electric manufacturing to the Philippines and Vietnam.

hio ShinkaPo,

sure, we can do that - and we're doing that. Vietnam, in particular, has been doing great.

China remains the number 1 textile exporter in the world, though, because China offers the best return - a conclusion that CFOs around the world have reached, and its hard to induce shareholders to make decisions that result in less money.

so then what?

- IGIT

Fuck China.

That is all

hiya Gregolian,

this is what i mean. you're a practical guy, Gregolian. we don't agree on everything, but you've always struck me as reasonable fellow.

so, lets say that China is evil. like, they are really bad people. these bad people aren't "we're going to hijack planes and crash them into the twin towers" bad, but they really treat their own people horrifically.

the organ harvesting.
the muslim oppression.
the slapdown in Hong Kong.
those poor folk in Tibet.

China is evil.

they'll soon be the economic alpha dog on this planet, and everyone seems to want IN. this would suggest that despite the aforementioned evil - terrible though it may be - doesn't figure very large in anyone's plans going forward.

so then what?

- IGIT

hio ShinkaPo,

sure, we can do that - and we're doing that. Vietnam, in particular, has been doing great.

China remains the number 1 textile exporter in the world, though, because China offers the best return - a conclusion that CFOs around the world have reached, and its hard to induce shareholders to make decisions that result in less money.

so then what?

- IGIT

Cheese I was looking at the aid packages there was lower quality cheese so hey I decided hmmn.

I thought about the kids in China and they are poor so I was like... oh I must thank God or the village elders who gave me a box of cheese.

You see Australia need to strike a deal too.

Tell me about Tofu family farms in Sichuan.

I am following this youtuber

CCP propaganda as it finest.

I heard @Rocco Siffredi will retire there.

hiya Gregolian,

this is what i mean. you're a practical guy, Gregolian. we don't agree on everything, but you've always struck me as reasonable fellow.

so, lets say that China is evil. like, they are really bad people. these bad people aren't "we're going to hijack planes and crash them into the twin towers" bad, but they really treat their own people horrifically.

the organ harvesting.
the muslim oppression.
the slapdown in Hong Kong.
those poor folk in Tibet.

China is evil.

they'll soon be the economic alpha dog on this planet, and everyone seems to want IN. this would suggest that despite the aforementioned evil - terrible though it may be - doesn't figure very large in anyone's plans going forward.

so then what?

- IGIT
People lnly care about their pocketbooks.

It's the same reason the Sauds are still in power. If the US was truly alturistic we would have dropped some bombs on Beijing and on the Sauds palace when we knew they were there. I don't support political assassinations but at this stage those two groups of leadership are despots and the only cure is a full fucking purge of them.

To the gulag with them
tenor.gif

Drop a couple MOABs on the Great Wall and then airdrop a bunch of Gurkha's and Mongols that still hate China and let them have fun.

Cheese I was looking at the aid packages there was lower quality cheese so hey I decided hmmn.

I thought about the kids in China and they are poor so I was like... oh I must thank God or the village elders who gave me a box of cheese.

You see Australia need to strike a deal too.

Tell me about Tofu family farms in Sichuan.

I am following this youtuber

CCP propaganda as it finest.

I heard @Rocco Siffredi will retire there.

hi ShinkanPo again,

see, that's the thing.

anytime i see a thread that belabors the terribleness of China, i always think, "yes, i agree. but none of the trading blocs agree, and no one in the US Fortune 500 agrees....so i guess its really not that big of a deal."

its just something that folks feel compelled to talk about it, but it doesn't seem to matter.

- IGIT

It's the same reason the Sauds are still in power. If the US was truly alturistic we would have dropped some bombs on Beijing and on the Sauds palace when we knew they were there. I don't support political assassinations but at this stage those two groups of leadership are despots and the only cure is a full fucking purge of them.

To the gulag with them
tenor.gif

Drop a couple MOABs on the Great Wall and then airdrop a bunch of Gurkha's and Mongols that still hate China and let them have fun.
Hey..

What else?

hi ShinkanPo again,

see, that's the thing.

anytime i see a thread that belabors the terribleness of China, i always think, "yes, i agree. but none of the trading blocs agree, and no one in the US Fortune 500 agrees....so i guess its really not that big of a deal."

its just something that folks feel compelled to talk about it, but it doesn't seem to matter.

- IGIT

It matters thats what I don't agree with Hetfield.

We are feeding the beast you see fishes in my water are getting eaten but Chinese people good you see but then they think we bad hubad! They take our fish so Fish become too expensive it matters trading bloc leaders should think about my people too and their people.

When you count China’s official executions + the 10k who were killed in Tiananmen + the tens of thousands (yearly fluctuations) who have their organs harvested every year

I suspect that, since 1989, China has EASILY killed nearly 600,000+ of their own citizens and I suspect it’s actually closer to, if not in excess of 1,000,000 people killed.

But people want to tell me that while China is bad, they pretty much peaked in 1989 and they’re not THAT bad these days

To the gulag with them
tenor.gif

hi hi hi Gregolian,

i know that's what you'd like to see happen, but of course you know this will not happen.

*muses*

so much angst regarding how China treats its own seems like misplaced energy, to me. i agree their behavior towards their own is barbaric. medieval, even.

but its also true that no one cares. no one wants to see their company lose profitability because of the plight of some Muslims in China.

- IGIT

hiya THEfightsAREfixed,

this is the question that needs to be asked (and re-asked) every time a "China is evil" thread is scribed.

the answer is simple, of course.

its profitable and its the American way. if the US cared about organ harvesting, or the strong arm tacticts the Chinese use to facilitate their theft of IP, or the oppression of the Muslims, or the betrayal in Hong Kong MORE than making money, we wouldn't be doing business with Xi.

but we don't, so we are.

- IGIT
yes this is good long form for my point, its sad how easily people are manipulated and how greedy/self-serving the upper echelons of american society are

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back