China will dominate MMA in a few years

ConorFacts

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its the biggest or one of the biggesst sports there. Just a matter of time.

China Population 2019

4693-prepare-for-china-culture-shock-01.jpg

200758f0-ca8e-11e9-b725-d4b30719ed59

Yes, they dominate all.

Business
Military
Sports

They dominate all.

Even Dagestani dominate their national sport "wushu sanda"

Maybe if ufc ever introduces atomweight for males

idk, they are obsessed with basketball and the only baller worth a damn from there is Yao

Time will tell I guess, they already got one killer with Zhang

nah. Maybe someday, but definitely not in a few years. Wayyyy to far behind to catch up in a few years.

idk, they are obsessed with basketball and the only baller worth a damn from there is Yao

Time will tell I guess, they already got one killer with Zhang
They only started to care about basketball after Yao.

nah. Maybe someday, but definitely not in a few years. Wayyyy to far behind to catch up in a few years.

Agreed.

They only started to care about basketball after Yao.
Yes, they've had 10-15 years since Yao made it big to produce an encore and outside of a few low-end bench-riders there hasn't been a boom of Chinese talent to follow Chinese investment - both in interest and money - in the sport. That isn't to say that there will never be another Chinese basketball star or that Chinese MMA will flounder (the latter I especially doubt), but things take time and even with time it isn't guaranteed.

Yes, they've had 10-15 years since Yao made it big to produce an encore and outside of a few low-end bench-riders there hasn't been a boom of Chinese talent to follow Chinese investment - both in interest and money - in the sport. That isn't to say that there will never be another Chinese basketball star or that Chinese MMA will flounder (the latter I especially doubt), but things take time and even with time it isn't guaranteed.
10-15 years is a very short period of time when talking about producing athletes, especially from scratch.

China's fundamental problem is they think they can come on top of everything using their sheer population number. Their method of champion selection consists of mass child abuse and that will show its limits. Being driven by fear or obligation is not the greatest way to become a world champ, and genetics is not especially favourable to them either.

Basketball and soccer are the two biggest sports there and they suck at both. Plus that talent pool thins out fast once you get to WW and above. Japan, Thailand, Phillippines, Korea > China when it comes to combat sports.

how can china dominate MMA ? It's gonna copy Jon ones and GSP?

They got Tracy Mcgrady tho.

Basketball and soccer are the two biggest sports there and they suck at both. Plus that talent pool thins out fast once you get to WW and above. Japan, Thailand, Phillippines, Korea > China when it comes to combat sports.

Yeah, they've been ploughing money into soccer for years and still haven't produced any really good quality players. Their best product is a guy who plays for Espanyol.

I don't think I've ever seen a single good Chinese MMA fighter LOL.

Back