• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

China-millions of donkeys bashed to death with sledge hammers

Brutal Dolphin/Whale killing is a cultural tradition in Denmark:

Doesn't get any more Western than Denmark.

So bizarre that Oriental countries get heated media coverage for this kind of stuff but nobody outside youtube is even aware of practices like this in Europe & N. America.

ZFsoKxm.gif

Changing their eating habits, giving them steroids and no room to live in... Ya your country's also fucked up when it comes to animal cruelty.

Do you think anything we do is not done by them? We still treat animals better, by a long shot.
Why do we need to be perfect for an individual American to critique their treatment. You realize one can dislike some of the practices that goes on here and also dislike what goes on there in China. It's not like I am saying we are faultless.

Do you think anything we do is not done by them? We still treat animals better, by a long shot.
Why do we need to be perfect for an individual American to critique their treatment. You realize one can dislike some of the practices that goes on here and also dislike what goes on there in China. It's not like I am saying we are faultless.

The U.S is the number one producer of meat. Given how they do the things I've mentioned in the last post, it would be fair to say that it's animal cruelty at a much bigger level.

The U.S is the number one producer of meat. Given how they do the things I've mentioned in the last post, it would be fair to say that it's animal cruelty at a much bigger level.
You are comparing degree of inhumane treatment by looking at metric tons of meat produced; how does that make any sense?

Does anyone actually think that China isn't a crap country? Even Chinese know this. They have a massive complex about it.

They are obviously upset by the size of the dongs. A lot of what they are is based on the way their dongs evolved.

They probably see that gigantic donkey penis and think eating donkey will somehow improve theirs.
Damn, i better not travel to China. Just in case....

You are comparing degree of inhumane treatment by looking at metric tons of meat produced; how does that make any sense?

Because your country does animal cruelty on a much bigger level due to how much you guys consume(Wayyyy too much) and how they are treated. Injecting steroids, giving them the wrong food and no living space to millions of animals is fucked up... Even with the huge population difference between the U.S and China, they still manage to produce way more meat.

This isn't a defending China argument but rather a look in the mirror one.

There's no such thing as animal rights in China, or Asia in general really. They treat animals like filth and have no appreciation of them whatsoever. The Chinese may have high IQ's and be well-educated, but on the whole, they are easily the stupidest nationality I've spent time living around. No street smarts, common sense or general logic - they will literally believe ANYTHING they are told and won't even remotely question it, I guess its the way they're brought up and the way the government hone them to behave like a hive - work hard, be a normal, functioning cog in the machine, don't stand out, don't question what you're told etc.

What does this have to do with anything? Apples to oranges.

Coke is also a sign of wealth and it actually has medicinal properties. As opposed to the shit the Chinese drive to extinction every year.

Here in the Gulf of California, they drove a fish to near exctinction because of their swimming bladder giving them powers or some shit like that.

Hard to stop poaching when the chinese are paying thousands upon thousands of dollars for said crap.

Coke is also a sign of wealth and it actually has medicinal properties. As opposed to the shit the Chinese drive to extinction every year.

Here in the Gulf of California, they drove a fish to near exctinction because of their swimming bladder giving them powers or some shit like that.

Hard to stop poaching when the chinese are paying thousands upon thousands of dollars for said crap.
Lol at coke a sign of wealth. Not in Socal.

bear_crush_cage_19932.jpg

This is like bear bile and crush cages. Awesome creatures that they torture in these tiny cages. They perform surgery and add a catheter to the gallbladder so that they can constantly extract the bile for "medical" reasons.
Disgusting.

Lol at coke a sign of wealth. Not in Socal.

Rhino horn goes for aroung $100 a gram, similar to cocaine.

The difference is that if you snort coke, you get high, if you snort rhino horn you probably get bronchitis.

Let's not get too carried away considering how we treat our cattle ,pigs, poultry Etc
Yeah, we can stop pretending that livestock genetically engineered to be livestock are the same as animals that were bred for work/companionship/etc and have an I here try different collective relationship with man...

Im just saying we can't claim the moral high ground as far as how we treat live stock
Yes we can, if we're comparing ourselves to a culture that tortures and eats domesticated dogs for fun.

Nailed it.. People go crazy about shit like this and the Yulin dog festival, but have no problem paying someone to torture and slaughter animals they see as 'food'. News flash, we* don't treat animals any better.
Dogs have an inherently different relationship with man than livestock, which developed over thousands of years. Not saying we shouldn't strive for more ethical treatment of livestock, but it's a false equivalency, claiming it's the same because both are mammals, etc.

I get irked and sad when hearing/seeing about cruelty committed against mammals but feel less sensitive the farther away from mammals these cases get.

I don't feel sympathize with sharks for example, under any condition.

imo seals/otters/walruses get dealt with a shitty hand from nature.

They're adorable, almost dog-like animals that get preyed upon by the scariest predators on earth (polar bears, killer whales, sharks).

And what's really sucky in nature is when animals with high intelligence and communal inclinations get preyed upon by dumb-fuck animals like sharks and reptiles.
The cast majority of seals are killed with guns now and they weren't clubbed per se they used more if a sharp pick .

Our decimating of the shark population is disgusting

Yes we can, if we're comparing ourselves to a culture that tortures and eats domesticated dogs for fun.
There is nothing special about dogs , looking down on someone for eating dog is straight up silly

Back