China Dethroned by Japan as World's Second-Biggest Stock Market

The tears of anti-American whiners are always the sweetest.

You're white knighting China. Think about that.

Yeah, white knighting the country we never had any significant problems with.
And that now prospers under a German ideology.

Or the imperialist country that stabbed the Reich in back?
And just elected a TV host as its president because the other candidate was even worse.

Because it is part of the overall German and EU economic strategy.
German engineering might be a myth.
But the overall strategy allows us to be very competitive anywhere in the world.
Manufacturing of machinery, in general, it's not just cars. The German or Northern Europen system is right at the top.

Again.
How? Why?

Explain what makes a german factory better than an american counter part and how that difference allows them to successfully compete against radically cheaper labor costs.

What you are saying doesnt make any sense.

Again.
How? Why?

Explain what makes a german factor better than an american counter part and how that difference allows them to successfully compete against radically cheaper labor costs.

What you are saying doesnt make any sense.

With an apprenticeship program free higher education and investment from the government to modernize the manufacturing and infrastructure.
I mean its really not that difficult to understand why Germany is better.

With an apprenticeship program free higher education and investment from the government to modernize the manufacturing and infrastructure.
I mean its really not that difficult to understand why Germany is better.

Uhm. Working on a line in a fucking factory is not higher education required fella.

LOL. Wtf.

I take a honda plant, I stick it in Germany...I'm not getting better Honda cars then one in Vietnam. Not worth the price of the diff in labor costs. So wtf are you even trying to sell me here?

Yeah, white knighting the country we never had any significant problems with.
And that now prospers under a German ideology.

Or the imperialist country that stabbed the Reich in back?
And just elected a TV host as its president because the other candidate was even worse.

Jesus. You really believe this?

Snakedesmelly taking L's ITT.

Germany does more than the US...

Germany does half of the US so the EU must do more...

China does more...

Must be per capita...

Trading partner? They are trading partners like the rich and poor are trading partners. It is a very one sided relationship.Unemployment is good. GDP is good. China is fail.

Our partner.
s0208.gif
Yeah, fuck them. They are decidedly a very clear nemesis, it hasn't even begun. And how has this actually turned into some kind of partisan domestic political issue? I'm down with all the MAGA bros and other righties pumping fists ITT, this is geopolitics and I back my country here.

New York Times: China's Intellectual Property Theft

Chinese companies, with the encouragement of official Chinese policy and often the active participation of government personnel, have been pillaging the intellectual property of American companies. All together, intellectual-property theft costs America up to $600 billion a year, the greatest transfer of wealth in history. China accounts for most of that loss.

Intellectual-property theft covers a wide spectrum: counterfeiting American fashion designs, pirating movies and video games, patent infringement and stealing proprietary technology and software. This assault saps economic growth, costs Americans jobs, weakens our military capability and undercuts a key American competitive advantage — innovation.

Chinese companies have stolen trade secrets from virtually every sector of the American economy: automobiles, auto tires, aviation, chemicals, consumer electronics, electronic trading, industrial software, biotech and pharmaceuticals. Last year U.S. Steel accused Chinese hackers of stealing trade secrets related to the production of lightweight steel, then turning them over to Chinese steel makers.

Perhaps most concerning, China has targeted the American defense industrial base. Chinese spies have gone after private defense contractors and subcontractors, national laboratories, public research universities, think tanks and the American government itself.

Chinese agents have gone after the United States’ most significant weapons, such as the F-35 Lightning, the Aegis Combat System and the Patriot missile system; illegally exported unmanned underwater vehicles and thermal-imaging cameras; and stolen documents related to the B-52 bomber, the Delta IV rocket, the F-15 fighter and even the Space Shuttle.

It's a good time to be betting on American manufacturing, particularly when you consider what they can't manufacture on their own.

The crown jewel of America's tech empire, and like aerospace another high flying industry that it spawned. The biggest dog (Intel) actually keeps 75% of their fabrication manufacturing stateside.

Bloomberg: Why Can't China Make Semiconductors?

image.png

image.png

It isn't just the Chinese, the world is running from Chinese equities. But somehow you spin that into a good thing for China lol.

Can you give me some examples of companies that are overvalued and by what metric?

I want to say that any company that gets bought and then sold at an even higher price, with that next buyer believing that someone else will come along, pay an even higher price, because this someone else also has the same line of thinking, is overvalued and overpriced. All this does is inflate the stock market. If a country has less of this happening to itself than another country, I dont necessarily see this as a bad thing. No one really has to have an inflated stock market. If foreigners are also doing this less, I think that is also better for these foreigners. Less speculating on the stock market really is only always bad for people that work directly for that industry.

In fact, I think it is really bad if your stock market is so big, it becomes like a main economic engine or if a company focuses too much on its stock/shareholders, and not its consumers. Regarding the latter, another poster stated this best in another thread. I think the thread was about Netflix share price. Basically this poster stated that sometimes a company will suffer in quality if it can manipulate its share price. I hope I can find that thread again.

Even in this country, Wall street/equity markets are colloquially blamed for the increase in wealth disparity and often times stated as just a way to transfer wealth from everyone else into the hands of a few. If a country has less of a certain segment of equity market, than another country, then there exists both pros and cons.

Yup. The idiots in the earlier thread were laughing at you and screaming how China was going to ruin the US.

I wonder if any of those posters are or will show up in this thread

I try to be cordial if to everyone, but US/PRC is one of those topics I tend to get a little arrogant about and it doesn't help that I can't stand the CCP regime in power. I think some people badly underestimated the strength of America's hand and continue to do so in regards to its near-future outlook on the whole as it achieves energy independence, becomes the world's largest oil producer and continues the reindustrialization everyone has apparently been blind to.

I bet nobody on this thread has actually lived in China. You guys are haters and ignorant ones at that. China is a great country and most people who live there are overall happy, yes things are not perfect but what place is?

I lived there.

You forgot to add "Bill Gates sucks!" and "Steve Jobs wins again!".

<mma2>

The pain and humiliation continues for China. Trump hittin em up. Meanwhile the US market is nearing all time highs. Great time to be alive.

I don't think Trump has too much to do with it. Chinese stock market is notoriously volatile on its own as Chinese prefer to speculate rather than invest long term. Check out their all time history. There are at least two major crashes (>50% market value wiped out) in the past decade, despite their economy being red hot.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/index/shcomp?countrycode=cn

Snakedesmelly taking L's ITT.

Germany does more than the US...

Germany does half of the US so the EU must do more...

China does more...

Must be per capita...

Well, I never said Germany does more than the US.
I said China and the EU do. Which from the numbers I could find was correct.

Uhm. Working on a line in a fucking factory is not higher education required fella.

LOL. Wtf.

I take a honda plant, I stick it in Germany...I'm not getting better Honda cars then one in Vietnam. Not worth the price of the diff in labor costs. So wtf are you even trying to sell me here?

Do you not know what manufacturing means?
Working on a line is just part of manufacturing. It's all other things as well that get manufactured.
For example building machines for those lines. That needs skilled engineers and skilled workers.
Manufacturing high-end machinery is especially something Germany is very good at.

Do you not know what manufacturing means?
Working on a line is just part of manufacturing. It's all other things as well that get manufactured.
For example building machines for those lines. That needs skilled engineers and skilled workers.
Manufacturing high-end machinery is especially something Germany is very good at.

Have a couple from Grenzenbach where I work. I hate those machines.

Have a couple from Grenzenbach where I work. I hate those machines.

Yeah, those small to midsize manufacturing companies are the backbone of the German economy.
We have a few big companies like VW, Mercedes or Siemens.
But mostly its those companies with 100 - 5000 employees.

Yeah, those small to midsize manufacturing companies are the backbone of the German economy.
We have a few big companies like VW, Mercedes or Siemens.
But mostly its those companies with 100 - 5000 employees.

Siemens stuff is made well. Always see lots of that and AB. Those are what you use when you want quality

Like the sub-prime mortgage crisis... in every economic sector.

:D

Back