China Dethroned by Japan as World's Second-Biggest Stock Market

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by JonesBones, Aug 7, 2018.

1. JonesBones

JonesBones Excuse my contraflow

The pain and humiliation continues for China. Trump hittin em up. Meanwhile the US market is nearing all time highs. Great time to be alive.

China just lost its ranking as the world’s number two stock market.

After a Thursday slump, Chinese equities were worth $6.09 trillion, according to data compiled by Bloomberg. That compares with $6.17 trillion in Japan. The U.S. has the world’s largest stock market at just over $31 trillion.

China’s stock market overtook Japan’s in late 2014, then soared to an all-time high of more than $10 trillion in June 2015. Chinese equities and the nation’s currency have taken a beating this year amid a trade spat with the U.S., a government-led campaign to cut debt and a slowing economy.

"Losing the ranking to Japan is the damage caused by the trade war," said Banny Lam, head of research at CEB International Investment Corp. in Hong Kong. "The Japan equity gauge is relatively more stable around the current level but China’s market cap has slumped from its peak this year."

The Shanghai Composite Index has lost 17 percent in 2018 to be among the world’s worst performers. Industrial and tech stocks have been among China’s worst performers, with those subgauges on the CSI 300 Index of large caps sliding more than 20 percent this year.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-japan-as-world-s-second-biggest-stock-market

HockeyBjj, Hman69, Rematch and 8 others like this.
  2. octopus

octopus Blue Belt

Black pigeon speaks crew checking in!

AndroidRage likes this.
  3. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

Another step reached in making America great again.
    Celebrating one of your biggest trading partners economy downturns.
    Everyone knows that financial instability is good for working class people.
    Because when the markets collapse it is the rich that will suffer and the working class will not be affected.

MAGA

4. JonesBones

Trading partner? They are trading partners like the rich and poor are trading partners. It is a very one sided relationship.

Unemployment is good. GDP is good. China is fail. Stop being poor.

5. TheTimeIsNotNow

TheTimeIsNotNow Yellow Card Yellow Card

I genuinely cant tell if you're a gimmick, you're like a knock off version of Revolver.

danny23, M3t4tr0n, Rhood and 3 others like this.
  6. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

Yeah, that's why its good that Trump is focusing to hurt the Chinese economy. So all the good paying Chinese factory jobs can come back to the US. There is no reason the Chinese Apple workers all should get rich.

I am just glad Trump doesn't focus and invest money in an apprenticeship program that produces high-quality workers that can compete with Japanese/EU workers. Or invest in affordable education or infrastructure. It is also very good when workers go bankrupt due to health reasons because they don't have health so they make room for new workers.

Those are all just Marxists ideas. The most important things for the working class right now are tax cuts for the rich and a trade war with China.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    danny23, M3t4tr0n, Leagon and 2 others like this.
  7. JonesBones

How many working class people have US equities in their retirement/401k? Do you realize pensioners for example have made a small fortune on FB so far?

I agree. It is doing great for the US economy and equities. Sorry you are left out. Instead of crying about being poor, you could have made a fortune in the stock market. Oh well. Stay a victim.

lol at Apple and Goldman spending money on social programs. Get the fuck out. You live in a fantasy world.

Factory, Rematch, sub_thug and 6 others like this.
  8. MadSquabbles500

MadSquabbles500 Steel Belt

So the Chinese are not more into speculating too much, and over pricing their companies than another country. Why is that a bad thing?

9. JonesBones

It isn't just the Chinese, the world is running from Chinese equities. But somehow you spin that into a good thing for China lol.

Can you give me some examples of companies that are overvalued and by what metric?

10. Tiny

Tiny Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

We already produce high quality workers that can compete with Japanese/EU workers.

11. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

Yes sorry I live in a fantasy world. How could I possibly know about social programs?
    It is much better leaving that to a billionaire NY property developer that shits in golden toilets and sets up fake universities.
    I mean if anyone knows about the working class its NY property developer.

No, I do not have any numbers on how many have made a small fortune? Can you share the numbers, please.
    I would like to see them.

hitcher likes this.
  12. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

Not in the manufacturing sector. I mean its not just a qualified worker issue.
    Your manufacturing base is not able to compete in general.

13. JonesBones

You know a trick you can use? I recently watched a special on wealth inequality in NYC. It is absurd. How do I respond? I respond by investing in the companies these rich fuckers own. Carlyle Group. Blackstone. Private Equity motherfucker. Leveraged buy outs motherfucker. That is where the money is.

Watch this and invest in the companies of the bad guys.

14. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

So do you have those numbers to back up your claims?

hitcher likes this.
  15. Tiny

Tiny Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I'm pretty sure that's more due to piss poor trade agreements that allow places like China to abuse human rights and use cheap labor. And not because their people are more highly skilled in manufacturing than we are.

We are not less capable than EU/Japan.

16. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

In manufacturing you are. Also, I am not an expert on Japan.
    But if you compare the US manufacturing to Germany you are second class.
    Germany has the same kind of agreements with China and is still able to compete with them in manufacturing.
    Because it has one of the world best manufacturing sectors.

In manufacturing that is. In tech Germany and the EU would be second-class compared to the US.

17. JonesBones

If German manufacturing is so good, why do they need to be so protectionist? BMW, Mercedes and other supported dropping tariffs on imported cars once Trump threatened them. German engineering is a myth.

For as long as Donald Trump has been president, he has been threatening to slap tariffs on foreign carmakers to stop flashy German vehicles from "flooding" American streets.

On Friday, he repeated the threat and attached a specific number, tweeting about a 20 percent tariff on all automobile imports from the European Union.

Here in Stuttgart, the heartland of the German automotive industry since a couple of 19th-century engineers put the horse-drawn carriage out to pasture, a realization is setting in: He just might do it.

"Eighteen months ago, I would never have believed it," said Uwe Meinhardt, a union official who represents autoworkers in a city where nearly one in five employees has a job in the industry.

German automakers are willing to abandon car tariffs between the European Union and the U.S. in exchange for President Donald Trump dropping a 25 percent border tax threat on European auto imports, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Richard Grenell, U.S. ambassador to Germany, was expected to meet with Trump's administration on Wednesday, the paper said.

Citing sources, The Wall Street Journal said German automakers support the EU's 10 percent tax on auto imports from the U.S. and a 2.5 percent duty on auto imports going away if Trump backs off the threat of imposing a 25 percent border tax on auto imports coming from Europe.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20180620/RETAIL/180629981/trump-tariff-germany-trade-bmw-mercedes

The heads of Germany's big three automakers met the US ambassador on Wednesday to reaffirm their support for zero tariffs on EU-US trade in cars as they step up lobbying efforts to avert a trade war.

Germany backing down too. IF their manufacturing is so good, why do they impose 4 times the tariffs we do on cars?

Yet some here say they can see Trump’s point of view, even if they do not care for his combative style.

Gokhan Balkis, chief executive of a car parts supplier based in the nearby Black Forest region, said he shares Trump’s concern about the disparity in car tariffs: The European Union charges 10 percent on U.S. imports, compared with the 2.5 percent the United States charges on E.U. imports.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...af78d4c544c_story.html?utm_term=.c6a0303f00ef

TONY-T and uppercutbus like this.
  18. snakedafunky

snakedafunky Red Belt

Because it is part of the overall German and EU economic strategy.
    German engineering might be a myth.
    But the overall strategy allows us to be very competitive anywhere in the world.
    Manufacturing of machinery, in general, it's not just cars. The German or Northern Europen system is right at the top.

NC252 likes this.
  19. JonesBones

Because of tariffs. Which are going away. Because Germans backed down from Trump. Teslas are already flooding Europe. That edge you had is being eroded by Trump. You are losing.

Tesla vehicles now dominates luxury segment in Europe, outselling flagship gas-powered German cars

The Tesla Model S has been dominating the luxury segment in its home turf, the US, for a few years now, but it had yet to surpass some flagship gas-powered German premium cars in Europe until now.

The Californian automaker’s Model X is also seeing more success in Europe.

According to market researchers JATO Dynamics (via Auto News Europe), Tesla’s Model S in Europe jumped 30 percent to 16,132 units in 2017.

The firm compares the vehicle to the Mercedes S class, which saw its sales grow 3 percent to 13,359 units, and the BMW 7 series had sales of 11,735 units – down 13 percent.

https://electrek.co/2018/02/20/tesla-dominates-luxury-segment-europe-gas-powered-german-cars/

And Tesla is just getting fuckin started. You have no fuckin chance. Game on.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
  20. kahiljabroni

kahiljabroni Black Belt

Makes more sense than being an accomplice in ensuring another country surpassing your own in economic might.