Chimaev credits Usman being tough, He hurt his wrists and confirms Strickland fight is next

Khamzat has had a bit of an odd run. He looks damn near super human against the 10-20 guys but struggles against the upper echelon.

Lets see DDP against a couple of newcomers first to see how he fares then we can talk about bigger fights for him
Honestly man where's the hate for DDP coming from?

Dude's been nothing but dynamite entertainment in the cage and is a likeable character outside.

Khamzat has had a bit of an odd run. He looks damn near super human against the 10-20 guys but struggles against the upper echelon.
It's not the first time we've seen these 1 round sprinters.

Hell Rumble Johnson came super close to being a champ. Except he KO'd far better competition than Khamzat has fought so far.

Through all my years watching MMA i've learned to never trust these guys. I'm actually picking Strickland to beat Khamzat next fight.

lol, I called it, a win vs a WW on a week's notice -> Immediate tittle shot at MW
Real professional sport

Crazy to see a guy get a middleweight title shot after not fighting any middleweights

Chimiaev is the most pushed and privileged fighter in UFC history. Has fought 0 contenders and 0 5 round fights and gets a title shot even though he can barely go 3 rounds lmao.

He's going to lose to Strickland badly and then become a gatekeeper I guess. The new Derek Brunson.

It depends on the fracture, it's not simply broke or not. Nondisplaced fractures (which if it is a fracture it will like be this) that can be managed conservatively won't need more than a few months usually. For an elite athlete like Khamzat he'll be back way before summer (if he want to fight that is).
A few months = late JAN. Meaning he'd be ready for an actual fight in April, which means training & fighting during Ramadan. Do the math

A few months = late JAN. Meaning he'd be ready for an actual fight in April, which means training & fighting during Ramadan. Do the math

Lol, I mean did we have any indication that he was going to fight for a title earlier than that when it took him 6mo x2 then a year+ for his last 3?

My point was it's not a big injury and it won't take long to heal, since if it is a fracture it's going to be a mild one.

Lol, I mean did we have any indication that he was going to fight for a title earlier than that when it took him 6mo x2 then a year+ for his last 3?

My point was it's not a big injury and it won't take long to heal, since if it is a fracture it's going to be a mild one.
Indeed he was using his arms already in post fight

Usman a good win to get closer to contention but not sure how it surpasses DDP? Is DDP out for long? Or just usual UFC follows $ . Too bad Bo taking a break. Seems fast track time for the favorites.

Back