Chicago Open Results?

Team Lloyd Irvin took first place and Graciebarra took 3rd. Not sure who took second I am guessing either Carlson gracie or Bjj revolution!

Lloyd Irvin bjj is fast becoming a great competition team! I believe there were at least 5 teams with more competitors than them! It will be interesting to see in 10-15 years if they could Rival Alliance or Graciebarra!

Ryan hall won his 2 bjj blackbelt matches.

Comprido won his 2 bjj matches by submission.

Pedro Vianna won his blackbelt match on points!

In the brown belts Rafael Costa beat mark vives that could have gone Vives way!

Last edited:
Carlson Gracie team got 2nd.

I got 2nd in masters heavyweight blue and 1st in masters absolute blue. My teammates did really well, I was very proud!

Team Lloyd Irvin took first place and Graciebarra took 3rd. Not sure who took second I am guessing either Carlson gracie or Bjj revolution!

Lloyd Irvin bjj is fast becoming a great competition team! I believe there were at least 5 teams with more competitors than them! It will be interesting to see in 10-15 years if they could Rival Alliance or Graciebarra!

Looking at the list of medalists, it looks like the main LI school (Camp Springs) wasn't even in attendance. I think they were mostly guys from Crazy 88, with some others from Ivey League and Third Law (I don't really know people outside of my school, so I could be mistaken). It's nice to know that the people who smash me in practice are also smashing people out on the competition circuit. It helps a bit with the ego. :redface:

I wish I had it in me to compete at this level. It's just not in the cards at this point.

Ryan Hall ent up from pena to win medio, and then split the open weight with Comprido

Ryan Hall ent up from pena to win medio, and then split the open weight with Comprido
That's awesome
That dude Rick from you're gym did pretty well to, I was kinda surprised that Gianni Grippo beat him, Rick's freaking good whooped my ass when I trained at 50/50 lol.

That's awesome
That dude Rick from you're gym did pretty well to, I was kinda surprised that Gianni Grippo beat him, Rick's freaking good whooped my ass when I trained at 50/50 lol.

The scary thing about Rick is he never even took jiu jitsu seriously before, and now Ryan has him pumped up to train for real and compete. But Gianni has incredible jiu jitsu as well, and just keeps getting better, and is way more experienced in competing.

I placed 1st in Adult Blue Belt Pesado.

On a side note I think people care too much about weight at this level because I was the lightest guy in my division.

Really bummed that I didn't get to compete. Congrats Jeff and Ben!

How many guys in your divisions??

The scary thing about Rick is he never even took jiu jitsu seriously before, and now Ryan has him pumped up to train for real and compete. But Gianni has incredible jiu jitsu as well, and just keeps getting better, and is way more experienced in competing.

Rick got really really good! Glad to see him competing so well!

congrats to you guys. will you both be down for naga next weekend or us grappling in October?

Carlson Gracie team got 2nd.

I got 2nd in masters heavyweight blue and 1st in masters absolute blue. My teammates did really well, I was very proud!

Awesome Job Ben. You should be proud. I got absolutely slammed with work and ended up not being able to go, completely bummed me out, but I am stoked that you performed so well.

Sounds good. Congrats to both of you guys again.

Ben, you really made that guy in your first match look out of his element.

I was really hoping you'd take his back or get the sweep in that last weight class match. Great work in absolute.

also ben, I noticed you finished a few chokes from north-south but i couldn't see exactly what they were. is that a trademark move or could you elaborate on what it was?

Back