Chicago Bears 2019: Super Bowl or Bust?

IBeLurkin

I see you've come to this battle of wits unarmed
@Black
Reaction score
Da Bears were a missed field goal away from beating the Eagles in the playoffs (in a game that the Bears played horribly and yet still controlled), and da Bears had already trounced the Rams recently.

Am I crazy for thinking this coming season is Super Bowl or bust for da Bears?

We all know it comes down to Trubiski...will he or won't he be a franchise QB?

I feel if Mitch improves as he should (with his great QB coach) into his 3rd season, da Bears should easily be among the top Super Bowl contenders.

Agree?

Or are you wrong and disagree? :p

They have this season and next season to win a superbowl if we don't then we better make sure our later picks work out.

Superbowl windows in the NFL are small. Trubisky might just get better and better but our contract situation won't.

GOAT bit

tenor.gif

They will be 0-1 after week 1.

They will be 0-1 after week 1.
Lol, the Packers suck. Rodgers is cancer to any coach that he decides isn't as smart as he is...

(...pssssst....Aaron thinks he's the smartest person ever, so no coach will ever work)

The packers have been making their way to the bottom of the division for a couple years now, and they'll keep going that way in 2019.

Lol, the Packers suck. Rodgers is cancer to any coach that he decides isn't as smart as he is...

(...pssssst....Aaron thinks he's the smartest person ever, so no coach will ever work)

The packers have been making their way to the bottom of the division for a couple years now, and they'll keep going that way in 2019.

Your teams ceiling is very low. Last year they overachieved.

Enjoy the summer. Fall and winter won't be nearly as nice to you.

PS. Your stadium is a hideous piece of shit. Can't wait to hear your bs when the Bears come back to earth.

Your teams ceiling is very low. Last year they overachieved.

Enjoy the summer. Fall and winter won't be nearly as nice to you.

PS. Your stadium is a hideous piece of shit. Can't wait to hear your bs when the Bears come back to earth.
Bahaha...<{MingNope}>

Enjoy the Packers being a middle-of-the-nothing team again.

Da bears are a young team only getting better with a league leading defense.

The fudge packers are hoping to rebuild as their drama queen QB gets mad at everyone and fades into retirement.

Bahaha...<{MingNope}>

Enjoy the Packers being a middle-of-the-nothing team again.

Da bears are a young team only getting better with a league leading defense.

The fudge packers are hoping to rebuild as their drama queen QB gets mad at everyone and fades into retirement.

It's hilarious watching shitbirds like you act like SHIT-CAGO will amount to anything.

Save for a few hiccups GB has owned you since the 90's. And aside from the great Kyle Orton years you guys have been all but irrelevant.

You all are gonna reminiscing about last season for a long time. Its gonna be the best you'll get for a while.

Aaron Rodgers tossing a snotty tissue into a urinal is better QB play than the Bears franchise has ever had.

We have to see what losing Fangio means to the defense, that’s going to be telling. How many guys on that D not named Mack benefitted from being coached up? If Pagano is for real then some of that won’t matter -but the dude has earned one helluva a rep for spending 1 year as D coordinator of an SB defense he didn’t build so I dunno..

Offensively Trubisky should benefit from a 2nd season in the same scheme we just got done watching Mahomes in.. but Mitch isn’t as talented as Mahomes so I wouldn’t expect it to get that crazy. Still the team is returning most of its starters and shouldn’t miss the ones it lost (Howard wasn’t a good fit for the sceme and Amos was just a ‘guy’ on defense).

So.. this all boils down to last years strength which was a really well coached defense.. and they don’t have the same coaches coaching that defense. I’d argue the defense has 3 legit All-Pro level guys no matter who’s coaching (Hicks, Mack, Jackson) and one that should be but he’s still really young (Roquan Smith).. after that you have a couple good players in guys like Goldman and Trevathan but I’m not sure the rest aren’t products of scheme/coaching. Fuller is the poster boy as one of those guys that may have benefited most from that.

We’ll see, I’ve seen 2 Bears Super Bowl teams in my lifetime -one of them was a fucking run away train that was obvious and the other was a really good team that caught lightning in a bottle and benefited from a few things bouncing their way so..

Lmao. Youre really running with this off season narrative huh?

McCarthy fucking sucks and Rodgers has every right to disagree with that can. GB pissed away the best years of two of the greatest QBs of all time.

It's hilarious watching shitbirds like you act like SHIT-CAGO will amount to anything.

Save for a few hiccups GB has owned you since the 90's. And aside from the great Kyle Orton years you guys have been all but irrelevant.

You all are gonna reminiscing about last season for a long time. Its gonna be the best you'll get for a while.

Aaron Rodgers tossing a snotty tissue into a urinal is better QB play than the Bears franchise has ever had.
Lol, talk about reminiscing. Stick with those sweet 90s dreams while da bears keep running away the division. Hopefully your only good player will never get old.

We have to see what losing Fangio means to the defense, that’s going to be telling. How many guys on that D not named Mack benefitted from being coached up? If Pagano is for real then some of that won’t matter -but the dude has earned one helluva a rep for spending 1 year as D coordinator of an SB defense he didn’t build so I dunno..

Offensively Trubisky should benefit from a 2nd season in the same scheme we just got done watching Mahomes in.. but Mitch isn’t as talented as Mahomes so I wouldn’t expect it to get that crazy. Still the team is returning most of its starters and shouldn’t miss the ones it lost (Howard wasn’t a good fit for the sceme and Amos was just a ‘guy’ on defense).

So.. this all boils down to last years strength which was a really well coached defense.. and they don’t have the same coaches coaching that defense. I’d argue the defense has 3 legit All-Pro level guys no matter who’s coaching (Hicks, Mack, Jackson) and one that should be but he’s still really young (Roquan Smith).. after that you have a couple good players in guys like Goldman and Trevathan but I’m not sure the rest aren’t products of scheme/coaching. Fuller is the poster boy as one of those guys that may have benefited most from that.

We’ll see, I’ve seen 2 Bears Super Bowl teams in my lifetime -one of them was a fucking run away train that was obvious and the other was a really good team that caught lightning in a bottle and benefited from a few things bouncing their way so..
The loss of Fangio is huge, no doubt about that. But like you said, having 3 (and potentially 4) all-pro level players on your defense is a pretty good stàrt for a D coordinator that has a solid history.

Lmao. Youre really running with this off season narrative huh?

McCarthy fucking sucks and Rodgers has every right to disagree with that can. GB pissed away the best years of two of the greatest QBs of all time.
I suppose we could just bury our heads in the sand and ignore everything we're hearing...ignorance is bliss, eh?

Lol, talk about reminiscing. Stick with those sweet 90s dreams while da bears keep running away the division. Hopefully your only good player will never get old.

<Rodgers1>

The loss of Fangio is huge, no doubt about that. But like you said, having 3 (and potentially 4) all-pro level players on your defense is a pretty good stàrt for a D coordinator that has a solid history.

Tbf I question Pagano’s history, he didn’t build that Ravens D and he was only the coordinator for that 1 year.. so a lot of this will boil down to 2 things..

#1. Trubisky’s progress in the offense from the 1st season in it (last year) to this upcoming season.

#2. Is CP a decent coordinator or not.

You could throw injuries in their too, but this being football that variable applies to every team outside of maybe the Patriots who have proven time again to be one of the most resilient teams ever under Billy B.

I think they make the playoffs

Which gives them as good a chance to win the Super Bowl as anybody

Tbf I question Pagano’s history, he didn’t build that Ravens D and he was only the coordinator for that 1 year.. so a lot of this will boil down to 2 things..

#1. Trubisky’s progress in the offense from the 1st season in it (last year) to this upcoming season.

#2. Is CP a decent coordinator or not.

You could throw injuries in their too, but this being football that variable applies to every team outside of maybe the Patriots who have proven time again to be one of the most resilient teams ever under Billy B.
He didn't build the Ravens D, and he didn't build da Bears D. It's all set for him to step into and keep having success, just like he did before.

I completely agree about Mitch. The entire franchise rests on his shoulders for the next couple years. Hopefully Nagy is as good with young QBs as we were lead to believe.

Back