Chernomyan

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Sarumyan, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Sarumyan

Sarumyan Green Belt

STATS: Height 6.4
    Weight 250lbs
    Age 25
    Goals:
    a. Being lean for life: float in 10-15% Body fat range for the rest of my life.
    b. Health and mobility: I have a lot of mobility work ahead of me.
    c. Become stronger and faster.
    (Will set benchmarks later)

Training Philosophy: My training is centered on MMA classes and sessions. I will be adding kettle bell and barbell training to it.
    Potentially, jogging or weights in the morning.

Note: So much to say, but I know most of you fools won't read it anyways. Cliffs: Bad break up, go fat, got better, am pretty good now, about to be god-like in 2015. Kettlebells are my choice of gear, even though I will be adding barbell work like power cleans every week.

Check out the daily diet log I have at the nutrition section.
    http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2838237&page=20 ****

....Now, I can't promise, that this log will feature intense number crunching, dramatic literature citing, extensive study searching and so on. However, I do promise that this will be a fun log. Shall we begin?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For future reference, WORKOUT ROUTINES:

Stretching: 15-30 minutes total (5-25 minutes warm up). Mostly static. 4 sets of 30-40 seconds.
    1. Calves stretch.
    2. Pecs/Shoulders
    3. Torso rotation
    4. Glutes/hamstring/lower back
    5. "Splits from hell"

Last edited: Jan 15, 2015
  2. Sarumyan

Sarumyan Green Belt

Reserved for goal tracking.

3. golvmopp

golvmopp Always outnumbered, never outgunned

Ah yes. Welcome to this neck of the woods!

4. Sarumyan

Sarumyan Green Belt

^From what I've heard this is like Sherdog's liver. In a year...I would be needing some fava beans and a nice chianti.
    [​IMG]

5. Sarumyan

Sarumyan Green Belt

Week 1: ~252 lbs
    Monday-Wednesday: Sick leave.
    Thursday: "bro-upper-body workout".
    Friday: Rest Day.
    Saturday: Partying/Dancing - 2 solid hours
    Sunday: Partying/Dancing - ~3-4 hours.

Dancing": as horrible as it sounds, I love to dance and go to raves, shuffling meets still. It is ridiculous workout especially that I always push myself to dance till I drop. Intensity is similar to Running/Fast walking mix.
    My record is around 7 hours without sitting down. Came back home 10 pounds lighter and lost 2 pounds over the weekend.

Week 1 Notes: Still recovering from being sick, diet was pretty bad, workouts were non-existent except the partying, but I ate it all back in junk food. Weak start...but it was kind of expected to be one.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  6. Sarumyan

Sarumyan Green Belt

Week 2

Monday: Finally got my ass to the MMA gym. 1 hour on warm up, stretching, and 1.5 hours on mostly boxing. Focus was on bob&weave and combinations that involve changing levels. You know that weak and pulled feeling after playing a competitive game? That's how I feel now.

Tuesday Morning - Upper body light work in the Condo's gym - it obviously doesn't have any serious equipment, so no squats and so on. Around 30 minutes.
    In the evening did rehab work ( glutes, abs, lower back and hamstrings) and my stretching routine. Followed up with Boxing - 1.5 hours.
    Total training time ~3 hours.
    Note: Took quite a lot of melatonin and even Tylenol to fall asleep early and wake up at 7 a.m. I have to break the cycle of sleeping till very late.

Wednesday KickBoxing - 1.5 hours - 30 minutes stretching. Man I am bit rusty. Focused on firing combos off a push kick. No snap in my punches and no speed in my combos, plus I feel off balance after power punches....feels bad man haha.

NOTE: Tired of trying to find my thread buried in the Logs section. From now on I will change the format to "same day log in".

Last edited: Jan 21, 2015