Sarumyan

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
STATS: Height 6.4
Weight 250lbs
Age 25
Goals:
a. Being lean for life: float in 10-15% Body fat range for the rest of my life.
b. Health and mobility: I have a lot of mobility work ahead of me.
c. Become stronger and faster.
(Will set benchmarks later)

Training Philosophy: My training is centered on MMA classes and sessions. I will be adding kettle bell and barbell training to it.
Potentially, jogging or weights in the morning.

Note: So much to say, but I know most of you fools won't read it anyways. Cliffs: Bad break up, go fat, got better, am pretty good now, about to be god-like in 2015. Kettlebells are my choice of gear, even though I will be adding barbell work like power cleans every week.

Check out the daily diet log I have at the nutrition section.
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2838237&page=20 ****

....Now, I can't promise, that this log will feature intense number crunching, dramatic literature citing, extensive study searching and so on. However, I do promise that this will be a fun log. Shall we begin?

5c0jg9.jpg

34ezxo0.jpg

For future reference, WORKOUT ROUTINES:

Stretching: 15-30 minutes total (5-25 minutes warm up). Mostly static. 4 sets of 30-40 seconds.
1. Calves stretch.
2. Pecs/Shoulders
3. Torso rotation
4. Glutes/hamstring/lower back
5. "Splits from hell"

Last edited:
Ah yes. Welcome to this neck of the woods!

Week 1: ~252 lbs
Monday-Wednesday: Sick leave.
Thursday: "bro-upper-body workout".
Friday: Rest Day.
Saturday: Partying/Dancing - 2 solid hours
Sunday: Partying/Dancing - ~3-4 hours.

Dancing": as horrible as it sounds, I love to dance and go to raves, shuffling meets still. It is ridiculous workout especially that I always push myself to dance till I drop. Intensity is similar to Running/Fast walking mix.
My record is around 7 hours without sitting down. Came back home 10 pounds lighter and lost 2 pounds over the weekend.

Week 1 Notes: Still recovering from being sick, diet was pretty bad, workouts were non-existent except the partying, but I ate it all back in junk food. Weak start...but it was kind of expected to be one.

Last edited:
Week 2

Monday: Finally got my ass to the MMA gym. 1 hour on warm up, stretching, and 1.5 hours on mostly boxing. Focus was on bob&weave and combinations that involve changing levels. You know that weak and pulled feeling after playing a competitive game? That's how I feel now.

Tuesday Morning - Upper body light work in the Condo's gym - it obviously doesn't have any serious equipment, so no squats and so on. Around 30 minutes.
In the evening did rehab work ( glutes, abs, lower back and hamstrings) and my stretching routine. Followed up with Boxing - 1.5 hours.
Total training time ~3 hours.
Note: Took quite a lot of melatonin and even Tylenol to fall asleep early and wake up at 7 a.m. I have to break the cycle of sleeping till very late.

Wednesday KickBoxing - 1.5 hours - 30 minutes stretching. Man I am bit rusty. Focused on firing combos off a push kick. No snap in my punches and no speed in my combos, plus I feel off balance after power punches....feels bad man haha.

NOTE: Tired of trying to find my thread buried in the Logs section. From now on I will change the format to "same day log in".

Last edited:
Back