Cheick Kongo weight

D1wrestla

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I noticed something I thought was odd. I watched one of Cheick kongos old fights and he's listed at 6 foot 4 weighing in at 233 pounds. He looks huge, way bigger than 233. If you saw him and Cain next to each other there is no way you would guess Cain weighs more than him. Fabricio werdum weighs about the same and is the same height as him but looks way less muscular(thick, solid, tight). I don't get it. Anybody have explanation for this or notice this as well?

I have a suspicion that he was cutting height for a long time. It seems like Werdum and Kongo are the same height but Kongo is taller, having a bigger frame and thus weighing more.

It baffled me too. Dude must be hollow or something.

Yah, this always surprised me that he weight around 230

It's all upper body. He has chicken legs.

B107-9-Cheick-Kongo-vs-Peter-Graham590-300x200.jpg

look at his chicken legs

His muscles are dense, as well as defined. This gives an illusion of looking bigger. He also has small joints, which add to the illusion of looking bigger.

He's a very lean guy. Probably has the lowest body fat percentage at heavyweight in addition to his chicken legs.

I was cageside for UFC 70 {The one Gonzaga did a crocop on crocop} from what i can remember,on that night,Arlovski looked bigger than Kongo from where i sat.

His muscles are dense, as well as defined. This gives an illusion of looking bigger. He also has small joints, which add to the illusion of looking bigger.

Defined? Yes.

Dense? Doubtful. He's got more of a bodybuilder look to him, ie most of that is probably sarcoplasmic vs myofibril muscle. And he's never looked particularly strong in the cage. So looking like a bb'er plus never really exhibiting exceptional strength lead me to believe his muscles are mostly just full of water, and thus are not dense relative to someone of equal weight who trains more for "functional" muscle. Also, as others have pointed out, chicken legs.

Back