Checking Kicks w/ Kneecap?

Kicking a knee is the same as punching an elbow. If somebody is purposely trying to block a shin with their knee during sparring, they're being a dick. If your exact enough to check with the point of the knee, your exact enough to check with the top of your shin guard and adjust during a match.

So are you suggesting its a good tactic in a fight? And just to clarify again, I wasn't actually aiming to hit with my knee but I would often lift my leg too little and it would instead hit my knee.

The knee cap is not a good place to check with. Tibial tuberosity is much better.

Study show that without knee caps in the adolescent and young adult, it does not really hinder their daily life. However when they get old that's when problems come up.

Yea, thats definitely when I feel the arthritis would be kicking in.

So are you suggesting its a good tactic in a fight? And just to clarify again, I wasn't actually aiming to hit with my knee but I would often lift my leg too little and it would instead hit my knee.

Yep as long as it's not actually your knee cap but a little lower that's fine.

I love checking with the tuberosity because it never hurts you. The tuberosity is what you're supposed to use to knee them too.

It is below the knee that is the best place for checks IMO. Strongest part of lower leg. Knee cap can be a delicate thing.

I've always heard this as well. Its thicker than your lower leg bone, so better to take abuse.

Back