cheating meal

desertbake

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering how extreme your average cheating meal(s) are cause I feel like shit now after having almost an entire medium pizza, couple small pieces of fudge, and a huge bowl of ice cream. I feel like I've completely sabotaged my diet! :icon_cry2

Depends on how tight you "diet" is and how often you cheat. Personally, a whole pizza, fudge and ice cream isn't as bad as some I've heard but I'd try to cut it to maybe a few slilces of pizza, 1 piece of fudge and a small bowl of ice cream. Everything you eat is going to have to come off so I'd recommend cheating only as much as you need to in order to feel like you aren't being deprived. - On a good note, if youre actually feeling bad about what you ate then you probably know internally how much is too much. Something tells me you woudn't have written the post if you only ate a little of each.

For me a cheat meal is usually a cheeseburger, fries, big sweet tea and something like a slice of allpe pie with ice cream for dessert. I eat clean 6 days a week and though i program in an entire cheat day, I usually only eat one crappy meal. I still make sure to get my shakes in and my veg etc.

hope this helps man - good luck with your program!

desertbake said:
Just wondering how extreme your average cheating meal(s) are cause I feel like shit now after having almost an entire medium pizza, couple small pieces of fudge, and a huge bowl of ice cream. I feel like I've completely sabotaged my diet! :icon_cry2

Any one of those things by itself would have been plenty for me. My diet is pretty strict. If I have candy, cake, icecream, etc... it's very rare and in moderation. I just don't buy that shit. My friend makes fun of me because Taco Bell is my indulgence and I only do that about once a week. Eat to live, don't live to eat.

Drinking? Well now that's a different subject all together....

I try to cheat a max of 2 meals a week, and even then when I cheat I'm not uncomfortably full when I'm done. This time I felt like I was gonna puke when I was done and am having serious stomach cramps from eating so much

No shit, look what you ate!! If you're overeating like that, you're eating too fast. Your brain is slower than your stomach in terms of hunger. You're "full" way before your brain says, "Drop the ho-ho, fatty!"
Try eating slower. It will give you enough time to realize you're overdoing it before you have to loosen your pants. "medium pizza, couple small pieces of fudge, and a huge bowl of ice cream" I wouldn't touch that shit with a 20ft pole. There's no added value other than the hormone pleasure spike it causes in your brain. This ofcourse is followed by the depression you're probably feeling now. I'm not a psych major, but has anyone ever called you compulsive?

desertbake said:

This post made me laugh. Seriously man, that sounds exactly like some of the cheat meals I've eaten, and I've wondered if i can make progress while eating shit like that, even with a strict diet for the rest of the meals.

desertbake said:
Yes, many times by many different people.

Compulsive behavior isn't always a bad thing. I'm a bit compulsive when it comes to staying in shape, which is good for me. Some of my friends are compulsive drinkers, not so good. Compulsive eating is just as bad as compulsive drinking in my opinion. Especially if you're eating shit like that. You need to redirect that energy somehow.

on my cheat day (saturdays) i fucken cheat my balls out

i eat shit like chips, ice cream, pizza, mc donalds

I ate one Oreo a few days ago and it made me sick to my stomach.
bacon said:
No shit, look what you ate!! If you're overeating like that, you're eating too fast. Your brain is slower than your stomach in terms of hunger. You're "full" way before your brain says, "Drop the ho-ho, fatty!"
Try eating slower. It will give you enough time to realize you're overdoing it before you have to loosen your pants. "medium pizza, couple small pieces of fudge, and a huge bowl of ice cream" I wouldn't touch that shit with a 20ft pole. There's no added value other than the hormone pleasure spike it causes in your brain. This ofcourse is followed by the depression you're probably feeling now. I'm not a psych major, but has anyone ever called you compulsive?
Chill man. He ate some pizza, not a cement truck full of crisco grease..

desertbake said:
Yes, many times by many different people.

Seriously. If you're not a borderline mental case what are you doing in MMA.

When I'm dieting, it's ridiculous how compulsive I can be. When I over eat it's disgusting. And to top it all off, I'm a recovering alcoholic, if you want to call it that, I don't go to meetings but I don't drink anymore.

I don't think MMA attracts well rounded personalities.

Tommy Seoul said:
Seriously. If you're not a borderline mental case what are you doing in MMA...I don't think MMA attracts well rounded personalities.
HAHAHA.

Awesome. because I know its true for me.

A cheat meal is just that. Eat your damn heart out, then move on. You feel "guilty", but one real intense workout and poof! you're feeling great again!

Eat up.

Tommy Seoul said:
Seriously. If you're not a borderline mental case what are you doing in MMA.

When I'm dieting, it's ridiculous how compulsive I can be. When I over eat it's disgusting. And to top it all off, I'm a recovering alcoholic, if you want to call it that, I don't go to meetings but I don't drink anymore.

I don't think MMA attracts well rounded personalities.

Yeah, there's not many Randy Couture's and Nate Quarry's out there.

They are outnumbered by the Bobby Southworth's and Chris Leben's and Sam Hogen's.

Sorry, guys, I just came off a TUF 1 marathon. But I won't apologize for this: that show kicks ass. I love the drama (many of the fights...not so good). But the ongoing soap opera is the best. What makes it great is that problems aren't solved with bad acting, but with fists.

Seriously, if you're feeling guilty about what you're eating.....STOP FUCKIN EATING IT!

I didn't realize the hilarity of this thread.

desert - all you gotta do is learn to set up a cheat-system of moderation as bacon hints. I have a friend who recently started Boxing with me and he's absolutely flabbergasted by my discipline where eating is concerned. How at the same times everyday I have similar kinds of food, and my indulgences are like a handfull of wheat thins and shit. But it took a lot of heart-ache to get to that point.

The psychological aspect of it (from someone who understudied in psych in College) comes from the thing about average people these days and their need for comfort/pacification. The band System of a Down put it best in their song "Toxicity"..."Eating it seems, is a past-time activity." This has become true, and moreover you have parents who shove shit in their kids' mouths to quiet them or "make" them happy as opposed to teaching them. So a lot of people grew up thinking to have a good time, you need to eat food that equates to happiness before health. I know these people best where I work because they come in looking for supplements and they'll ask what things like Cortislim and Relacore do, and I'll say "oh they help with battling stress and emotional eating"...and those who that applies to's first response will be "OH WELL THAT'S NOT ME!!!! I'M NOT A FUCKING EMOTIONAL EATER!!! PSSHH!!! HA HA HA!!! PFFFFT!!!" Which we learn in basic pscyh, if denial is your first response to something there's a 90% chance it applies to you.

I trained myself out of this and am working with my friend by setting up reward systems for foods he's now learning are "bad." For instance. He LOVES Soda, the kid can down a whole 2-liter without blinking, I seen him do it. lol So for two days this week I worked him out for 2 hours. RIGHT after his cardio training, as he's sitting there sucking wind I would give him a half a glass of DIET Soda and said "watch how good this tastes." He said it was like finding an oasis in the desert. I told him this is how you re-acquaint with the tastes of certain things. Plus because he was so tired any more than that half a glass would have upset his stomach. And being that it had no calories, it doesn't detract from the goal. I told him if you're going to eat cheat foods eat them when you don't have a lot of time and eat small portions of them, this way you get the craving without the gorging. Have a cookie or two RIGHT when you return from doing cardio. Half the time you won't even like it, which will detour you from binge-eating of shit foods.

There's loads of other techniques as well, that's just how I do it. I can't even comprehend eating like what you posted in your initial post, but I used to. Just thinking about it almost gives me the shits. lol

My friend makes fun of me because Taco Bell is my indulgence and I only do that about once a week.

What do you get from there bro? That's the ONE fast food place I don't necessarily mind going to aside from the sub places where you can make them make your sandwich like you want.

I get made fun of for the same thing, because even at Taco Bell I only get one of two items. Either the Ranchero Chicken Soft Tacos, and I ask for them "fresco style" where they remove the sauce and cheese and put only the chicken, the lettuce, and salsa...or I get the Chicken Grilled Stuft Burrito with no rice, and just ONE of them. My friends make fun of me because I'm so strict even WHEN I cheat. lol

King Kabuki said:
I didn't realize the hilarity of this thread.

desert - all you gotta do is learn to set up a cheat-system of moderation as bacon hints. I have a friend who recently started Boxing with me and he's absolutely flabbergasted by my discipline where eating is concerned. How at the same times everyday I have similar kinds of food, and my indulgences are like a handfull of wheat thins and shit. But it took a lot of heart-ache to get to that point.

The psychological aspect of it (from someone who understudied in psych in College) comes from the thing about average people these days and their need for comfort/pacification. The band System of a Down put it best in their song "Toxicity"..."Eating it seems, is a past-time activity." This has become true, and moreover you have parents who shove shit in their kids' mouths to quiet them or "make" them happy as opposed to teaching them. So a lot of people grew up thinking to have a good time, you need to eat food that equates to happiness before health. I know these people best where I work because they come in looking for supplements and they'll ask what things like Cortislim and Relacore do, and I'll say "oh they help with battling stress and emotional eating"...and those who that applies to's first response will be "OH WELL THAT'S NOT ME!!!! I'M NOT A FUCKING EMOTIONAL EATER!!! PSSHH!!! HA HA HA!!! PFFFFT!!!" Which we learn in basic pscyh, if denial is your first response to something there's a 90% chance it applies to you.

I trained myself out of this and am working with my friend by setting up reward systems for foods he's now learning are "bad." For instance. He LOVES Soda, the kid can down a whole 2-liter without blinking, I seen him do it. lol So for two days this week I worked him out for 2 hours. RIGHT after his cardio training, as he's sitting there sucking wind I would give him a half a glass of DIET Soda and said "watch how good this tastes." He said it was like finding an oasis in the desert. I told him this is how you re-acquaint with the tastes of certain things. Plus because he was so tired any more than that half a glass would have upset his stomach. And being that it had no calories, it doesn't detract from the goal. I told him if you're going to eat cheat foods eat them when you don't have a lot of time and eat small portions of them, this way you get the craving without the gorging. Have a cookie or two RIGHT when you return from doing cardio. Half the time you won't even like it, which will detour you from binge-eating of shit foods.

There's loads of other techniques as well, that's just how I do it. I can't even comprehend eating like what you posted in your initial post, but I used to. Just thinking about it almost gives me the shits. lol

I've always thought that there was a severe lack of will power in the US, especially when it comes to eating. Your post mekes a lot of sense King.

King Kabuki said:
I get made fun of for the same thing, because even at Taco Bell I only get one of two items. Either the Ranchero Chicken Soft Tacos, and I ask for them "fresco style" where they remove the sauce and cheese and put only the chicken, the lettuce, and salsa...or I get the Chicken Grilled Stuft Burrito with no rice, and just ONE of them. My friends make fun of me because I'm so strict even WHEN I cheat. lol

Mmmmmm,....That sounds Great....I wonder when they are hgoing to open some Taco Bell joint's in England!!?

Thnx for the advice King! Like I said, the vast majority of the time I eat really good, oatmeal and coffee for 1st meal, spinach/brocoli and chicken breast, tuna, or crab etc for 2nd meal, brown rice fruit and maybe some more protein for 3rd meal, diet yogurt for 4th, then a larger but still "healthy" dinner of more brown rice, fruit, spinach/brocolit (the only dark green veggies I like), and more protein for dinner with almonds as a snack in between meals.

But........2-3 meals a week I get this massive craving for shit foods and once I start eating these super tasty foods I can't fucking stop! It's the same way when I drink alcohol. I don't typically drink any alcohol, but once a week, or once every other week I'll have a session where I'll get black-out drunk. These cheat meals and black-out drunk sessions aren't usually planned, but once they happen they're pretty much uncontrolled.

However, I'll take the advice people have posted and hopefully in time my cravings will be controlled!

Back