cheating meal

desertbake said:
However, I'll take the advice people have posted and hopefully in time my cravings will be controlled!

Your pig-out with the pizza/fudge/ice cream could have, at most, added one pound of fat, and probably far less than that, so don't sweat it, man.

Get back in the saddle!

My personal hurdle is always late night snacking, as I am such a night owl. I want to eat again at 11pm, even if I have no real hunger. I find that if I just have a cup of tea or some low-cal liquid like that, I resist the urge. Or, just go to bed "early."

If I absolutely break down, I will make something like a salad with only 1tsp of oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and loads of lettuce / cucumbers / onions / a few slices of tomato. It is pretty filling. Not satisfying like scarfing pizza, but you are left feeling full enough to get by the urge to eat high caloric stuff just for the sake of eating, and avoid the tempting things in the fridge. You might want to see if this works for you. Make sure you have some things at hand you can eat (some soups or broiled chicken breast are also good) that kill the appetite but aren't calorie dense.

i usually have a cheat day from like saturday to sunday. would it be better if i spread it out like maybe to tuesday and like saturday?

Back