Cheapest way to Japan

TS, you could take the Transsiberian Railway for a fraction of the costs. You'd need to take a bus or train to Russia first though.

In Soviet Russia, train takes you!

When do you want to go? Skyscanner has return flights for

Just buy a plane ticket. You can probably get a job out here teaching English within a month in Nothern Honshu(I'm in Sendai now). I would suggest teaching as an Assistant Language Teacher and doing weddings on the weekends. You could easily make 60k-70k US dollars a year, which is enough to live an extremely comfortable life here.

Find a crime you could be extradited for and confess to it.

I'm from Ireland too, JET Programme man, awesome two years and walked away with a stack of savings and a lifetime experience, the whole thing cost me nothing.

If you can't afford the flight to Japan then I would suggest not going at all. Place isn't exactly cheap.

Business travel where the company pays for the ticket? It's the only way I've travelled to Japan.

Take a Cargo Vessel ride. It's cheap and takes several weeks.

My buddy in college travelled the whole world on Cargo and Mail boats and planes.

Some you are truely a passenger and others you have to sign up to do something on the ship.

book a ticket at the beginning of Golden Week (May 3, 2013).
http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2282.html

it's a week that most people stop working, take vacations/leave, and get out of japan. since everyone's leaving, it's usually cheaper to fly there during that time.

Put yourself in a cage and travel as a dog.

1. Build a ship and sail there
2. Dress up as a blonde chick and ho yourself out to get there
3. Join the Navy
4. Time travel back to 15 years ago when tickets were cheaper

Back