Cheapest way to Japan

ZroC

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I live in Ireland and the cheapest flights I'm seeing are in the 800-1500 euro range.

Right now I'm looking into finding a job on a cargo ship then hopping off at port.

I figured this was the place to ask since there seems to be quite a few westerners on Sherdog around that way. I hear of so many people who just take off to the other side of the world one day but no one ever wants to explain where they got the money to do it. The other day I was talking to two guys in the pub who said they took off to China where they miraculously got jobs as English teachers within a week, but when I asked them how they went about this I couldn't get an answer beyond "oh we just went and that was it."

It's fair enough to romanticize taking off on a whim but we don't all have the luxury of having wealthy parents.

When do you want to go? best times to go are around february-march or in september, you have the cheapest flights then. I live in Belgium, left in february and it only cost me a little under 600. Oh and euhm...avoid Aeroflot at all costs

Step 1: purchase paddle boat and paddles
step 2: get in paddle boat and paddle to Japan

Good luck!

Air Courier would seem like a faster way.

Create a crappy rock band and say you are from the US. Japanese people love horrible American rock music.

Not only will you get a free trip but you will make a lot of money selling merchandise.

Step 1: purchase paddle boat and paddles
step 2: get in paddle boat and paddle to Japan

Good luck!

You forgot the step where he places the boat into the water. He's got getting anywhere paddling on land.

Question #1: Are you by chance a blonde Caucasian girl aged approximately twelve years? Clean?

Oh, sorry sorry! I suppose that is two question.

Question #1: Are you by chance a blonde Caucasian girl aged approximately twelve years? Clean?

Oh, sorry sorry! I suppose that is two question.

If she's twenty she can always end up in a yakuza-run hostess bar, possibly to be murdered by a psycho with wealthy parents.

Shoop your head onto Bob Sapp and tell them you want to fight a swarm of tarantulas

They're all from the same country and that country is called ROHYPNOLED.

When do you want to go? best times to go are around february-march or in september, you have the cheapest flights then. I live in Belgium, left in february and it only cost me a little under 600. Oh and euhm...avoid Aeroflot at all costs

Aeroflot was rough and their food was disgusting but they were alright.
Air China however is an absolute nightmare, ask anyone.

TS, you could take the Transsiberian Railway for a fraction of the costs. You'd need to take a bus or train to Russia first though.

start walking to Korea or china then get a small boat of some kind and cross to japan

Back