Chavez Jr. vs. Badou Jack CANCELLED

The Can Opener

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
This bout might actually happen in april. Looks like Jr is already training for it. I am not big on Badou at all but I just don't see Chavez beating anyone good anymore. Curious what weight they would be fighting at.

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/julio-cesar-chavez-jr-vs-badou-jack-324171

EDIT UPDATE - The fight is off. Chavez is claiming a heel injury and needs three weeks off to recover but there are no plans to reschedule the fight.

Last edited:
Dam i want to see that fight. i think it would be a good one.

Jack wins. Chavez is a name (of a name) that they are hauling in to lose. Chavez doesn't have the dedication to compete. A shame, some of his earlier wins looked fun.

With how Jack has looked over his last two fights, it's pretty difficult to imagine him losing that fight. Much like his last two fights, it could have some quality action, as well. Before the Dirrell fight I really didn't think much of Jack, but he has really improved under Eddie Mustafa Muhammad.

I don't like it. Chavez has no business fighting a guy with a title.

Stylistically, he's all wrong for Jack too. He'll probably win.

Your saying Chavez will probably win? I expect him to be a decent sized underdog. Wouldn't suprise me if he got stopped again.

Your saying Chavez will probably win? I expect him to be a decent sized underdog. Wouldn't suprise me if he got stopped again.
I hope he gets stopped again, but Jack doesn't really have the punch to get it done.

Something isn't right about this. I think some backroom dealings must be going on. So JCC loses by getting systematically picked apart by Fonfara and shows that he has no business above 160 (in my opinion). Fonfara is a good fighter, and stranger things have happened. But then JCC gets a title shot in his return fight? How did he earn it? Badou Jack is limited, and I think Chavez knocks him out, but how does this get made at all? Chavez will get in range, because like someone else said Jack isn't a puncher and isn't a good enough technical fighter to box and stay away all night.

Agreed with those who are saying Jr shouldn't be getting a shot at the title.

Fun fight though.

JCC Jr. has shown absolutely nothing lately to suggest he beats Badou Jack.

Jack is not that good, guys. I agree that he's looked decent in his last couple of fights but his style is all wrong to fight Jr, IMO. Too flat footed too stiff. He's not slick. He's right there for Junior to do what he does. He doesn't really have great power to make Junior think twice.

Is chavez still with Al Haymon? Why not give him some winnable fight & put him on the same card with Danny Garcia & Leo Santa Cruz or something? That's what they need to do to get ratings. Stack these cards with Latinos & the Mexicans will tune in. We all know Mexican dollar is hugely important in boxing. PBC needs to reach out to them more.

Is chavez still with Al Haymon? Why not give him some winnable fight & put him on the same card with Danny Garcia & Leo Santa Cruz or something? That's what they need to do to get ratings. Stack these cards with Latinos & the Mexicans will tune in. We all know Mexican dollar is hugely important in boxing. PBC needs to reach out to them more.
Better advertising would help as well.

Something isn't right about this. I think some backroom dealings must be going on. So JCC loses by getting systematically picked apart by Fonfara and shows that he has no business above 160 (in my opinion). Fonfara is a good fighter, and stranger things have happened. But then JCC gets a title shot in his return fight? How did he earn it? Badou Jack is limited, and I think Chavez knocks him out, but how does this get made at all? Chavez will get in range, because like someone else said Jack isn't a puncher and isn't a good enough technical fighter to box and stay away all night.

I agree but it wasn't backroom dealings. The WBC proposed the fight themselves at their convention in China recently. Obviously they want Chavez to get the belt regardless of the fact he doesn't deserve a shot.

I don't think Chavez can make anything under 170 anymore especially after the layoff from hurting his hand. So will it be a catch-weight above the belt limit for the title...?

I would love to see a Fonfara rematch. That was so damn satisfying.

I think JCCJ stops him

I hope he gets stopped again, but Jack doesn't really have the punch to get it done.

Most peeps prob didn't think Fonfara did either. Granted, he is a bit bigger, but still. You don't need devastating power to make someone gas, get frustrated, and quit.

Back