Crime Chauvin/Floyd Trial: Guilty 2nd degree unintentional murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murder in the 2nd degree is intentional murder without premeditation.

or "“while intentionally inflicting or attempting to inflict bodily harm upon the victim, when the perpetrator is restrained under an order for protection.”

9fbe847cf78c01e1510097ff0dee9cbb.gif

He'll actually just be in a cramped, heavily secured bachelor pad for a long time.

Basically the jury thought that Chauvin killed Floyd with intent.
Thank you.

and murder 3 is different from manslaughter how?

Attention right wingers.

It doesn't always happen but sometimes your racism will backfire and bite you in the ass.

As a white man and a cop, Chauvin thought he would suffer no consequences for his racism. Look at him now.

You conservatives just need to ditch the racism. Accept that you're not superior. Thinking you're superior is holding you back and slandering decent white people.
Wait where is the indication this was a racist act? I don't understand where that's coming from, just because the victim was black doesn't mean it's a racist killing. The prosecutors didn't even entertain such an idea because there isn't any evidence of a racist motive.

I'm not going to lose sleep over this, but in any other case this would be Manslaughter. There is a strong case for appeal here and it will probably happen a couple years from now after all of the dust settles.

He was not charged with second degree murder. He was charged with unintentional second degree murder. It’s different. Here’s the explanation of the charge you’re discussing:

For a conviction of second-degree unintentional murder, the state's prosecutors must show beyond a reasonable doubt that Chauvin caused Floyd's death while assaulting him. This is the most serious charge and carries a presumed sentence in this case of 12 1⁄2years, according to state sentencing guidelines. However, prosecutors have said they plan to seek an aggravated sentence for Chauvin above recommended guidelines because of the "particular cruelty" shown to Floyd.

What will not be an issue: whether Chauvin intended to kill Floyd. None of the charges require prosecutors to prove the former officer was trying to kill him

Why is the news talking about changing police procedure if everyone has been saying Chauvin didnt follow procedure? So Derrick did follow procedure? lol i'm so confused.

Does guilty on all counts impact the sentencing, or do they do with the most serious charge? @G-19 or others...
I’m not 100% but I believe they will merge to one sentencing. Then again Minnesota law could be different than how we do things in Illinois.

Uh... it was unintentional second degree murder and third degree murder which are nearly the same thing... both without intent.

I'm not really looking to get into a debate on the guys past Badger. He was scumbag I agree. there's no denying it.

I still don't think he deserved to die, especially at the hands of a cop.

Anyway im off to bed.

Goodnight sherbro.

I’m not 100% but I believe they will merge to one sentencing. Then again Minnesota law could be different than how we do things in Illinois.
So potentially I did know what I was talking about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back