• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News *** Charles Oliveira vs. Islam Makhachev MEGA THREAD PART II (OFFICIAL FOR UFC 280, 10/22) ***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
Jav annoys me when he speaks in Trumpism.
"Something something the like of which the world has never seen .."

Def prefer the Jbiden malarkey. He front kicked him in the...the...the...it had long hair and shiny, uh shiny... where's Jill Biden at, she's my...my...my...stop reading...anyways....C'mon man... Push ups, I'll beat her in push ups or on a bicycle or, or or or or or or, you know, the thing that ya know, 2 words, made in america. Gas prices goin up not my fault, it's putins, leave room now, stop reading. I said no more questions about AR 13s, used to hunt gorillas in china with a shotgun. Ar 13s are no match for an f292 air force fighter jet with nukes c'mon man.

I don’t listen to a thing these dudes at AKA say about Khabib or Islam lol

Pretty sure I heard Josh Thompson say Khabib destroyed Ed Ruth in a pure wrestling match one time, then another time he said Khabib lost in pure wrestling but won in MMA (no shit)
Josh said khabib has never been subbed in training

Well when you have a glass chin you have to adjust tour style to avoid getting hit as much as possible.

I don't see Charles' chin cracking vs Islam. He might get wrestle fucked and lose but that is about it

He has about 4 years before his physical attributes show a noticeable decline. Barring any serious injuries, of course.

Javier Mendez is saying a lot these days including calling Islam 'the most complete fighter MMA has ever seen' etc. so I wanted to post this particularly for after the fight to see how true his bold claims end up being? It could end up being his Edmond moment (who was claiming Ronda Rousey was one of the best boxers ever and could beat many pro male boxers).

Basically, he has been claiming Charles will not be able to touch Islam in the stand-up even implying Charles can even be knocked out by Islam and will be taken down by Islam and mauled on the ground. Basically, Charles is not as good/better than Islam anywhere LOL
Don't know that he is. Punching power, maybe? Islam is the least hit guy in the division while Charles gets dropped every fight, the wrestling isn't even up for debate, and Islam's sub win/sub loss ratio is better. I'd give Charles the punching power advantage definitely, but he's mostly shown that against guy who want to brawl, and Islam has better striking defense, and Oliveira is obviously always a sub threat, but Islam probably controls the grappling.

Of course I like Oliveira just like everyone does, but you gotta be a little nervous when 1 guy is starting to wear fancy new suits and sunglasses indoors and the other is wearing hoodies and a ball cap and still lives in a shit village in Dagestan.

Last edited:
Josh said khabib has never been subbed in training
Pretty sure Javier or someone has claimed Khabib never even lost a round in training lmao.

I have heard from Mo Jassim (who ran this past ADCC) talk about Khabib training with elite BJJ guys… he didn’t win.

But they will go around claiming they can beat anyone in ADCC, but they’re also ultra humble… I mostly like them, but this is the phoniness that annoys me with them.

Jav annoys me when he speaks in Trumpism.
"Something something the like of which the world has never seen .."
Is your life filled with finding a way to inject politics into everything you see and hear? It’s so weird.

Pretty sure Javier or someone has claimed Khabib never even lost a round in training lmao.

I have heard from Mo Jassim (who ran this past ADCC) talk about Khabib training with elite BJJ guys… he didn’t win.

But they will go around claiming they can beat anyone in ADCC, but they’re also ultra humble… I mostly like them, but this is the phoniness that annoys me with them.
I actually thought khabib was humble until he retired and decided to talk shit about everyone for no reason

Idk man he’s illuminated by God, I hope he has a few more good ones in him.

Since when have strong wrestlers been a bad match up for Charles?? He's lost to 2 of them -- Lamas and Edgar. 3 if you count Jim miller who he dominated in the rematch. And Edgar beat him with striking.

Meanwhile he's beaten wrestlers like Elkins, Escudero, Lentz x3, guida, giagos, Lee, ferguson, and chandler.

I'm not saying these guys are as good of wrestlers as guys like Gamrot, but I'm just wondering where the notion of Charles struggling with wrestlers came from considering he beat the vast majority of the wrestling based fighters that he fought.

It's oddly strikers and good submission artists that he's struggled with more than wrestlers.
Makes no sense to include Ferguson as a wrestler though. Not even in his prime did he wrestle offensively. I don't think he's shot more than 5 takedowns in his entire UFC career.

If you listen to the open workout speech Charles gave, he takes Dagestani fighters talking down and belittling BJJ very personally ('if Sambo was easy, it would be called Jujitsu'). He gave a pretty long speech on how he wants to show how effective BJJ is in MMA etc.

Back