• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Charles Oliveira vows not to repeat his mistake against Islam Makhachev

Only Volk 2.0 can beat Islam I think :p

48fiwz5w0rha1.jpg

Volk 1.0 made Islam look like a scared puppy I can't imagine what Volk 2.0 would do to him

I think Islam is the rigthful favourite in this fight but I wouldn't be surprised to see Oliveira win. Islam is great but he's not unbeatable and Oliveira is dangerous anywhere the fight the goes, he's also shown the ability the come back adversity many times in his career. I think it will be a much more competitive fight this time around.

He just needs to not be so wreckless - that is what got him caught and has in the past. Difference is when he got caught guys like dustin, justin were not willing to follow him to the ground when he was dazed; Islam was and we saw why.

They first round he was doing well off his back and almost caught Islam, the 2nd round he got caught, dazed and did not have time to recoup before islam was on him.

His knees (not jumping/flying) and straight punches are what is going to help him get the win. He just needs to mind his defence because islam does hit hard (you saw volk not liking it everytime islam landed).

And you know Charles said all of that in under 5 seconds cause dude's faster than Busta Rhymes.

Didn't he say that despite the crushing defeat he wouldn't change a single thing he did in that fight?

He said he wouldn't change a single thing, he would just be himself. Meaning he wasn't himself that night. But that was just a figure of speech. Of course he's gonna make adjustments.
. If you watch everything I’ve said for all my fights, the only one where I’ve [gone outside my norm] a little bit and said some things, talked some crap, was the one against Islam, and I won’t make that mistake again.”

I think he is saying the "mistake" he made was his trash talk against islam. Weird

Reactions: MGS
Charles has a good chance of winning this fight.

lol this talk of domination in the first fight. Islam held him down in the first (without any real damage) and caught Charles when he charged at him in the second round.

Dominated the fight? I think a lot of people WANT to believe that.

This is actually a great fight for a rematch. Rematches are won by the loser of the first fight almost half of the time in the UFC, and Charles deserves his shot.

I think this narrative is held up by the same people who said Dariush would beat Charles; Charles was on another level, and the fight was a joke.
I actually have charles winning the rematch by sub

I think he is saying the "mistake" he made was his trash talk against islam. Weird
Ye, he acted out of character against Islam and was kinda upset at the press conference. Khabib and Islam saying "quitter" over and over again affected him, too, of course. He wasn't calm at all. 2-3 wars before this fight and he rushed things.

Oliveira is always dangerous and statistically the most potent finisher in UFC history, but there really wasn't anything displayed in the first relatively recent fight to suggest that this will go much differently.

Back