Media Charles Oliveira reveals when he wants to return and gets immediately called out by Gamrot

Gamrot is the only fight in the division that really makes sense for him, I think that's what they'll make.

I'd like to see Oliveira vs Fiziev more but Fiziev probably isn't ready & doesn't deserve that fight coming off two losses. Although they apparently did try to book him vs Poirier recently before BSD was chosen instead.

Gamrot is the only fight in the division that really makes sense for him, I think that's what they'll make.

I'd like to see Oliveira vs Fiziev more but Fiziev probably isn't ready & doesn't deserve that fight coming off two losses. Although they apparently did try to book him vs Poirier recently before BSD was chosen instead.
Gamrot/Olives and BSD/Fiziev would be great. Moicano/Hooker/Dariush(any combo of the three) would work also.

You're right, It's just that Gamrot's performance against RDA and the Fiziev fight irks me so much I would hate for him to get rewarded with a #1 contender fight.

You're right, It's just that Gamrot's performance against RDA and the Fiziev fight irks me so much I would hate for him to get rewarded with a #1 contender fight.

Well it's not necessarily going to be a #1 contender fight, Oliveira was just in one vs Tsarukyan. We'll have to see how the title picture looks after Makhachev/Poirier happens and if Tsarukyan possibly gets his title shot before the end of the year.

If Oliveira starches Gamrot could that put him ahead of Tsarukyan for a title shot? July is just a month after Makhachev vs Poirier so I doubt Islam will already have another fight booked yet. I know it would be a short training camp but it might be smart for him to try and get on UFC 303 on June 29th. Put on an impressive performance in the co-main of a Conor card and I'm sure that'll score you some points.

If Oliveira starches Gamrot could that put him ahead of Tsarukyan for a title shot? July is just a month after Makhachev vs Poirier so I doubt Islam will already have another fight booked yet.

Really doubt it. If Makhachev beats Poirier I'm sure they'll try to line up Makhachev vs Tsarukyan 2 for the Abu Dhabi PPV card in the fall.

Gamrot>Tsarukyan>Oliveira>Dariush>Gamrot

MMAth says double KO
Arman, Dariush, and Gamrot are superior wrestlers than Oliveira.

Dariush has the weakest chin of the bunch and got chinned by Oliveira.

Gamrot will be winning the grappling and probably win the fight unless he gets chinned.

Really doubt it. If Makhachev beats Poirier I'm sure they'll try to line up Makhachev vs Tsarukyan 2 for the Abu Dhabi PPV card in the fall.
They have to know Oliveira is a draw by now tho right? Why would they want Tsarukyan vs Makhachev?

Pass. Not interested in watching Gamrot pin Charles down and ride out a lackluster decision with the only excitement being at the end of the fight when Charles throws up a desperate submission attempt that isn't even fully locked in.

IMO the best and only fight to make. It sets up the next next #1 contender.

The question is though.....if Gamrot beats Olivera does he jump over Arman?? Could have a good case here.

Didn't Tsarukyan say he doesn't want to fight Islam in Abu Dhabi? I know he already turned down Islam and thats how we ended up with Poirier.

only fight that makes sense for both

Pass. Not interested in watching Gamrot pin Charles down and ride out a lackluster decision with the only excitement being at the end of the fight when Charles throws up a desperate submission attempt that isn't even fully locked in.

makes sense, Every one wants Charles protected.

Didn't Tsarukyan say he doesn't want to fight Islam in Abu Dhabi? I know he already turned down Islam and thats how we ended up with Poirier.

I never heard that, Arman just said he didn't want to do back to back camps understandably to fight Islam in June. I'm pretty sure Arman is willing to fight anywhere the UFC wants to fight for the title.

I don't really see that happening, Gamrot has good TD's and chain wrestling, but his top control isn't that great. Benny who has very good BJJ was able to get up and scramble non stop and Gamrot couldn't keep him down. It's that style that gets him caught in a submission, Gamort leaves so many openings in transitions.

I think Charles gets the submission here. Arman is pretty smart on the ground and doesnt leave too many openings and Charles nearly got him.

If Oliveira starches Gamrot could that put him ahead of Tsarukyan for a title shot? July is just a month after Makhachev vs Poirier so I doubt Islam will already have another fight booked yet. I know it would be a short training camp but it might be smart for him to try and get on UFC 303 on June 29th. Put on an impressive performance in the co-main of a Conor card and I'm sure that'll score you some points.

No, Arman should get his titleshot against the winner, enough with the B.S.

Back