Charles Oliveira deserves a tittle shot next. End of story.

but tony just had a brutal beatdown over 5 rounds in the fight prior
And yet Charles beat him handily in an entirely different realm of the sport.

Meanwhile everyone is orgasming over Chandler KOing Hooker, as if Hooker hadn't been in 6 wars over the last 2 years.

Lies. I said he deserves it because he was the champ at bellator, not because he beat hooker.

Chandler has won 6 of his last 7 fights, fighting at CHAMPIONSHIP level. Not fighting some scrubs outside the top 10 just to padd his record.
Sorry dude let go, there is no comparing chandler resume to Oliveras no matter how recent or far back you want to go

want to be real recent? Tony > hooker

last 5? 5-0 v 4-1
If you want chandler to get next shot just say it, but don’t try to justify it by discrediting Oliveras record or who’s he beat while banging that chandler drum. Makes you look not so bright

whoever asking who he beat besides tony, come on now. tony was the guy nobody wanted to face remember? do bronx has won 8 in a row, 7 by finish, and split second away from 8 finishes in a row. its obvious ufc doesnt think hes marketable, and you notice none of the fighters even mention him. he can only fight who they put in front of him. at minimum i think a 4 man tourny would be cool, if not its poirier-olievera thats most deserving

Agreed. Poirier vs Olievera for the title. Chandler vs Gaethje for the next shot.
yes
poirier/ oliveira
gaethje/ chandler
tony/ felder
rda/ colon.
hooker vs kevin lee when he returns, or cdf/dariush winner.
i think that's fair and super well balanced. but knowing that bald fuck, he'll find a way to cunt everything up.

No, he does not. He needs to beat someone relevant first.

Just to remind you, Tony/Charles fought and I think Tony was ranked above Charles.

Next in the rankings is Gaethje, then Poirier, then Khabib. What makes sense to you? Gaethje coming off a loss to fight Poirier or a guy who is on an 8 fight win streak fight Poirier?

Saying Charles needs to beat someone relevant first is kinda dumb. Charles/Dustin for the belt should be next.

I agree with Dustin that oliveira is the most deserving out of anyone right now.
Agreed just hope UFC won't leapfrog Chandler and get him the title shot but I feel like that's exactly what they will do. Do Bronx should have been fighting tonight would have definitely sealed the next title shot.

there is no comparing chandler resume to Oliveras no matter how recent or far back you want to go
<DontBelieve1>
OK. Then let's go all the way back if that's the case.

Charles olivera 30-8 , winning percentage of 79%

Michael chandler 22-5 winning percentage of 81%

On top of that olivera was never a world champion, michael chandler was. So his record was earned against much tougher competition.

"hurr durr no matter how far you go hurr durr ...."
Those words didn't age well did they Lol.
<{outtahere}>

Prime tony > hooker yes.

Today's tony though? Definitely not. Hooker would ko him in 1 rd if he shows up like he did in his Last fight.

I'm not discrediting olivera, it just seems that way when you put his resume up against bellator champ, michael chandler.

<Neil01>

Just to remind you, Tony/Charles fought and I think Tony was ranked above Charles.

Next in the rankings is Gaethje, then Poirier, then Khabib. What makes sense to you? Gaethje coming off a loss to fight Poirier or a guy who is on an 8 fight win streak fight Poirier?

Saying Charles needs to beat someone relevant first is kinda dumb. Charles/Dustin for the belt should be next.

Gaethje lost to Khabib FFS - you know, the guy that everyone lost to? Beating up washed up Tony is not enough, Tony had 12 fights streak and got dismantled as soon as he faced someone relevant. That’s the whole point of needing to prove yourself against the best. Please name some relevant fighters in his winning streak (and we can also pretend he never got submitted by Showtime and Lamas, pounded by Felder etc).

Chandler should get the next title shot not Oliveira. That guy has been forever in the UFC and only got close to the top for beating a washed up Tony

<DontBelieve1>
OK. Then let's go all the way back if that's the case.

Charles olivera 30-8 , winning percentage of 79%

Michael chandler 22-5 winning percentage of 81%

On top of that olivera was never a world champion, michael chandler was. So his record was earned against much tougher competition.

"hurr durr no matter how far you go hurr durr ...."
Those words didn't age well did they Lol.
<{outtahere}>

Prime tony > hooker yes.

Today's tony though? Definitely not. Hooker would ko him in 1 rd if he shows up like he did in his Last fight.

I'm not discrediting olivera, it just seems that way when you put his resume up against bellator champ, michael chandler.

<Neil01>
Chandler faced much tougher competition simply because he was a “world champion” of Bellator? You do realize bellator is lower comp then the ufc top to bottom right? Also chandler lost 5 title fights in bellator! Think about that, who losses 5 title fights and still keeps getting title fights? Name one ufc fighter with 5 title fight losses while in the ufc. Kinda cheapens the title of being champ if they just keep throwing you in there to fight for the belt damn near every single fight win or lose lol

Even Khabib agrees. He made a statement he is interested or at least intrigued by Oliveira. He has no interest in Poirier or Chandler.

Right , his decision win is more impressive than a first round knockout...

<YeahOKJen>

Chandler was the bellator champ, he's fighting ay a much higher level of competition than the ones olivera fought to get his win streak. And still he only lost 1 in his last 7 fights.
Chandler was the Bellator champ once upon a time, then he lost it and wasn't. I'm not sure if you're one of the those fake marketers that tries to get people to believe that Chandler left Bellator as champ (which has happened 100 times on this forum) but yeah let's be clear here.

And yes, methodically outgrappling and outstriking and utterly dismantling Tony for 15 minutes is more impressive than catching Hooker in the 1st. Not bashing Hooker, but I'm just talking technically. In terms of resume, beating 8 people in a row is more impressive than going 2-6 vs comparable (being generous there) opposition.

It’s okay TS, we’ll only have to sit through a few meaningless matches between Dustin and Diaz and of course a the Conor rubber match and a rematch with Khabib even though Dustin proved he couldn’t hang in the first fight.By that time I’m sure Oliveira will have lost and we can pretend his win streak just neeever happened like a bad dream. Welcome to the UFC IN 2021!

Poirier vs Oliveira for title
Gaethje vs Chandler #1 contender fight

If Poirier wants do fight McGregor or Diaz next then

Chandler vs Gaethje for #1 contender asap since Chandler unhurt
Oliveira vs #1 contender for title around early summer

Winner of Poirier/McGregor trilogy fight could fight for title around August/September against whomever ends up champ

Side Note: Screw Nate Diaz, he can either stay in his cave or come back to fight a top contender like Tony, RDA, or even Makchachev. Have no interest in his clout chasing and find it amusing how he acts as if he's so accomplished in this sport and somehow deserves more. Lost half of all his fights pretty much and is nowhere near the skill of top contenders, also should've fought more when stock was high

Last edited:
What one deserves and one gets is a different thing when it comes to Dana

Especially if you are Brazilian, look at Jacare, Maia etc

ufc want diaz or chandler as champ so they can give conor another go i believe conor thinks he can beat diaz or chandler

chandler vs olivera
dustin vs nate

winners fight each other for TS (ufc hoping chandler and nate win) meanwhile conor gets some easy matches before getting a TS like tony or hooker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back