Charles Oliveira’s strength of schedule vs Islam Mach’s

Lol @bathtubbers living from than one moment in one fight, when Charles has 13 minutes full of finishing sequences and highlights in his long career in the UFC.

I'll grant you that Olivera has had more exciting finishes.

Will you then accept that Islam is the superior fighter since he demolished Oliveira who has 10 losses vs. only 1?

Malkachev's not finished as champ yet. Let's compare them when his reign is over, then we can see who had the better championship run.

Oliveira victories over Chandler, Poirier and Gaethje were awesome to watch but they were the highlight of his career. If Islam beats Oliveira, Volk, Poirier and Arman then it trumps anything Oliveira has accomplished. He is already on a fantastic run. Let's see.

Last edited:
I'll grant you that Olivera has had more exciting finishes.

Will you then accept that Islam is the superior fighter since he demolished Oliveira who has 10 losses vs. only 1?
Why on earth should I do that?
He is today still very unproven and we have not seen enough from him to make claims like that.
He has now 15 fights in the UFC, let’s talk again when he has over 30 like Charles.

I agree Islam still has some work to do, but the Volk slander is crazy. A win over him being treated like mere fodder and an albatross around his neck is silly.

I agree Islam still has some work to do, but the Volk slander is crazy. A win over him being treated like mere fodder and an albatross around his neck is silly.
Forget Volk, if Islam moved up and ragdolled Leon they'd say it doesn't count because Leon was never known for his grappling lol. They're constantly shifting the goal post.

Oliveira had a great run. But Islam stopped it. And now there is no chance of a rematch. Islam also fought no one high ranked because the UFC matchmaking is terrible. At best for Oliveira fans at this point will be if Islam loses the belt and never regains it. But the loss won't be to Charles.
Regardless, Hardcores will still have more fond memories of Chuck’s fights rather than Islam’s. Islam is great but has a long way to go still to equal Olives impressive finishing streak.

Last edited:
Forget Volk, if Islam moved up and ragdolled Leon they'd say it doesn't count because Leon was never known for his grappling lol. They're constantly shifting the goal post.
I’m down, though I doubt Leon will still be champ by the time Islam earns the right to move up and big brother him.

He is today still very unproven and we have not seen enough from him to make claims like that.
dude is the LW champion and he's choked out the previous champion and knocked out the other challenger. unproven? the UFC LW champion is unproven?

i swear some of ya'll say the stupidest shit imaginable.

"My guy can't beat their guy, so I'll find some OTHER metric to enhance my guy's legacy.... then I'll cry in mum's basement and jack my little wenis to anime."

I love it. People try soooooo hard to diminish the mountain men any way they can.
I wanna say, "GET OVER IT", but I actually kinda like the sad boy hours even more, so keep cryin'.

<5>

How about this -- both of them are great fucking fighters. Islam Happened to defeat Charley Olives, but let's not act like there is any mutual exclusivity to both of them being phenomenal fighters and probably future HOFers.

How about this -- both of them are great fucking fighters. Islam Happened to defeat Charley Olives, but let's not act like there is any mutual exclusivity to both of them being phenomenal fighters and probably future HOFers.
No, no. In order to praise one you must trash the other. Fighter I like good, any other fighter being good is taken as a threat and I must squash it.

Bathtubber here and I FREAKING LOVE THIS THREAD!!!

Charles can have the mightiest resume in the world - heck, he could've been on a thousand-fight win streak before fighting Islam - AND YET ISLAM STILL BEAT THE BRAKES OFF CHARLES, when they fought!!!

<Dany07>

Point is, threads like this are equal parts asinine and infantile. You're ultimately shooting yourself in the foot when the other guy you're supposedly denigrating actually dominated your guy when it actually counts.

Win streaks and redume don't mean jack shit when arguing who is better when there is actually actual proof who is better. Reality, i.e. the actual fight, renders everything moot.

Poor souls, you lot. Can't even muster enough computing power to mount a sound argument.

Just enjoy the fights and quit throwing tantrums when reality becomes incongruent to your precious feelings.

Both great fighters, it needs to be said. One is just a tad better than the other.

Last edited:
Why on earth should I do that?
He has now 15 fights in the UFC, let’s talk again when he has over 30 like Charles.

#1 P4P, LW champion, easily beat your guy and he's still "unproven"?

The mental gymnastics here are truly Olympian.

this post is just making charles look bad. he beat all those top LWs... only to get completely schooled on the feet by Islam and tapped in 2 seconds. he didn't even try to fight the choke like Arman did.
Bro that's not the point lol

#1 P4P, LW champion, easily beat your guy and he's still "unproven"?

The mental gymnastics here are truly Olympian.
lol,
The irony here.

We are talking about a guy who has most bonuses 19, most finishes 20 and most submissions 16 in the UFC and you are saying that an imaginary P4P, that has no proof is better?

Back