Crime Charges Re-Filed against Alec Baldwin in 'Rust' Shooting. (Update: Armorer's Trial Started)

I despise Baldwin because he's a leftist hypocrite but I can honestly say that if I were a juror and the case hadn't been dismissed I would have not voted not guilty. The armorer was responsible for the gun and Baldwins involvement didn't warrant a prison sentence.

As someone very familiar with firearms, the first question you ask when someone hands you a gun. Is it safe?
Then you visually and physically inspect it yourself to make sure.
This is just plain common sense, you don’t pull the trigger to find out.

As someone very familiar with firearms, the first question you ask when someone hands you a gun. Is it safe?
Then you visually and physically inspect it yourself to make sure.
This is just plain common sense, you don’t pull the trigger to find out.

But what if the person responsible for checking it for safety hands it to you and declares its a "cold gun." Because that's what happened.

Morrissey claimed that when SFSO received the ammo, the crime scene technician (CST) asked if Morrissey wanted a document report created and Morrissey said to do it.
  • On the stand, she also stated that neither she, nor the CST, knew that creating a doc report would result in filing the evidence under a new case number.
  • This was a blatant lie. Both women had been on the job for a long time and knew, or should have known that creating a doc report would assign a new case number. This effectively buried this ammo so the defense would have no knowledge of its existence.

How did the defense find out about it?

But what if the person responsible for checking it for safety hands it to you and declares its a "cold gun." Because that's what happened.
Of course. But subsequent to that, any intelligent person would ask IMO 'so I can pull this trigger now without consequence of any kind, yes?'
armorer says, 'yes, go ahead and dry fire the weapon in a safe direction to reassure yourself'.
again, seems to put the onus on weapon ppl, but still as the star and producer wouldn't you want physical, visceral proof?
Completely avoidable shooting death and Baldwin bears his share of culpability.

Last edited:
Of course. But subsequent to that, any intelligent person would ask IMO 'so I can pull this trigger now without consequence of any kind, yes?'
armorer says, 'yes, go ahead and dry fire the weapon in a safe direction to reassure yourself'.
again, seems to put the onus on weapon ppl, but still as the star and producer wouldn't you want physical, visceral proof?

That's not enough for me to send him to jail.

That's not enough for me to send him to jail.
lol probably not but at least have the decency, now that you’ve averted incarceration, to generously contribute to victims families.
Albeit in a clandestine manner if needed.
One of favorite skits from the old SNL, when it was funny.

and Alec was not so angry.

Last edited:
How would dry firing help?

How would dry firing help?
Common practice for n00bs. Reassure them that what they’re holding is a “salmon weight” not a Smith & Wesson.
If dude had actually had the slightest orientation about weapons, this would not have occurred.

Common practice for n00bs. Reassure them that what they’re holding is a “salmon weight” not a Smith & Wesson.
If dude had actually had the slightest orientation about weapons, this would not have occurred.
I’m saying the next round could be live and ammo seems to have been mixed up on set. Also, isn’t dry firing firing the weapon without a bullet in the chamber?

I have not being paying attention to this at all. I was just looking at this thread. Was this a trial or a hearing to dismiss the charges or what?

The trial started off normally. On Thursday, the defense was alerted to the withheld evidence, no doubt by Teske.

On Friday morning, the defense filed a motion to dismiss with prejudice. All of Friday was spent in the motion to dismiss hearing.

By Friday afternoon, the motion was granted and it was all over.

I’m saying the next round could be live and ammo seems to have been mixed up on set. Also, isn’t dry firing firing the weapon without a bullet in the
Smh it’s all about acquiring familiarity with a handgun or any other weapon you’re gonna use in some stupid production.
Guns are the most simple machines possible.
Especially an old replica revolver.
You can blame the armor, but you have to blame Baldwin himself as producer and main actor for not getting his shit together in this respect.

David Halls denied ever saying this. No one has come forward to dispute him.

For those that are interested, here's the Judge's response to the motion to dismiss and her reasoning behind her ruling.
  1. Suppressed (SFSO & Prosecutors failed to inform defense of this evidence & denied the defense ability to inspect the rounds)
  2. Favorable to the accused (Evidence was to be used for impeachment and was potentially exculpatory)
  3. Material to the defense (Post-trial Brady requires a reasonable probability that the result of the trial would have been different)

That was not revealed. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say Teske contacted the defense council.
You seem pretty well informed about this case. What are your thoughts on Baldwin's reaction when his attorney asked Morrissey about calling him a cocksucker. Personally, I thought it was funny. He's looking down, but as soon as he hears "cocksucker" his head shoots up and his interest is obviously piqued. If I could make gifs, I would make one of that. Can you make gifs?

Smh it’s all about acquiring familiarity with a handgun or any other weapon you’re gonna use in some stupid production.
Guns are the most simple machines possible.
Especially an old replica revolver.
You can blame the armor, but you have to blame Baldwin himself as producer and main actor for not getting his shit together in this respect.
I’ve fired plenty of guns. My stepdad was a cop and he would take us shooting a lot. Skeet shooting is really fun. Never did get to shoot the buffalo rifle. Anyway, for him to dry fire the weapon, wouldn’t he have to empty all the bullets, real or fake, before squeezing the trigger or are you using dry fire differently?

You seem pretty well informed about this case. What are your thoughts on Baldwin's reaction when his attorney asked Morrissey about calling him a cocksucker. Personally, I thought it was funny. He's looking down, but as soon as he hears "cocksucker" his head shoots up and his interest is obviously piqued. If I could make gifs, I would make one of that. Can you make gifs?

It was obvious he really didn't like her, especially after her calling him a liar the day before.

I can't make captioned gifs.

I’ve fired plenty of guns. My stepdad was a cop and he would take us shooting a lot. Skeet shooting is really fun. Never did get to shoot the buffalo rifle. Anyway, for him to dry fire the weapon, wouldn’t he have to empty all the bullets, real or fake, before squeezing the trigger or are you using dry fire differently?
What’s your point dude Baldwin was falsely accused and never should’ve been charged with anything and it’s all on the armorer?
Great just go with that. That’s your best bet.

David Halls denied ever saying this. No one has come forward to dispute him.

It's kind of scary because I'm sure plenty of non rich people have gone to jail due to similar stunts because their lawyers didn't have the resources to investigate that thoroughly.

Back