Crime Charges Re-Filed against Alec Baldwin in 'Rust' Shooting. (Update: Armorer's Trial Started)

How does this still happen in a post Brandon Lee world?

That shit should have scarred everyone in the movie industry.

Well it did at one point. I guess mfers became complacent again.

Shit.
why are they still using real guns on sets?

Thats totally insane to me!

particularly in the cg era of filmaking, its probably cheaper in post

why are they still using real guns on sets?

Thats totally insane to me!

particularly in the cg era of filmaking, its probably cheaper in post
I'd doubt that going the CGI route for firearms isn't as cheap as using prop guns. Right up until you have to payout for a negligent death.

I'd doubt that going the CGI route for firearms isn't as cheap as using prop guns. Right up until you have to payout for a negligent death.
I think for muzzle flash and even smoke/shells its cheap

But yeah, maybe not as much as props.

Which is head scratching why neither are used instead of real guns that kill people.

Which is head scratching why neither are used instead of real guns that kill people.
Check out the pitbull attack thread. Keeping things around that kill people for no good reason is a fond past time for many.

One would think there would be a better way.

I feel bad for laughing because that could have had a tragic outcome, but nothing happened in the end so I don't feel too bad.

Edit: and it looks to me like the bailiff was like, "If you're going to shoot someone blow your own dick off," as he points it straight down between the guy's legs.

I feel bad for laughing because that could have had a tragic outcome, but nothing happened in the end so I don't feel too bad.

Edit: and it looks to me like the bailiff was like, "If you're going to shoot someone blow your own dick off," as he points it straight down between the guy's legs.

It's just crazy how in a trial about mishandling a weapon the "expert" does exactly that.

A good rundown of key events, thusfar.

She's facing 18..... months.

Lmao. Just plead down and do like six months and get it over with.

She's facing 18..... months.

Lmao. Just plead down and do like six months and get it over with.
That would have been the smart move. She was facing 3 years so if she could have just gotten 6 months or even a year with a plea deal I would have gone that route.

With that said, her being guilty on the manslaughter charge was pretty open and shut. I mean there is plenty of blame to go around for sure but she loaded the gun and handed it off. There’s no way she could have been found not guilty of negligence

With that said, her being guilty on the manslaughter charge was pretty open and shut. I mean there is plenty of blame to go around for sure but she loaded the gun and handed it off. There’s no way she could have been found not guilty of negligence
I hate to argue with anyone on this, but the prosecution’s experts and witnesses repeatedly lied saying that “live rounds don’t rattle” and “dummy rounds rattle” when both are patently false statements in many cases.

IF defense hammered this AND brought in an expert to testify that live rounds do in fact also rattle there’s a definite chance there was enough reasonable doubt to make the case turn out differently

I hate to argue with anyone on this, but the prosecution’s experts and witnesses repeatedly lied saying that “live rounds don’t rattle” and “dummy rounds rattle” when both are patently false statements in many cases.

IF defense hammered this AND brought in an expert to testify that live rounds do in fact also rattle there’s a definite chance there was enough reasonable doubt to make the case turn out differently
The fact that the firearms expert on set didn't know that means they're incompetent and entirely responsible. Why is that good for the defense?

The fact that the firearms expert on set didn't know that means they're incompetent and entirely responsible. Why is that good for the defense?
The firearms expert on the set never said that; the prosecution’s expert witness repeatedly stated that

Back