- Joined
- Aug 20, 2023
- Messages
- 86
- Reaction score
- 183
No but its cute you are sticking to your memories despite the facts. You said Hendricks was #1 contender and he wasn't. Now its Kampmann was supposed to be a #1 contender fight. Not remotely true so admit you were wrong and made a mistake.
Kampmann was 10 fights in as a WW before the Johnny fight. 7-3 record. Losses to Daley, Shields and Sanchez. Was 3-2 in his last 5 before Johnny. In no universe was Kampmann in a #1 contender fight.
Johnny got his title shot. He earned it on the same card GSP vs Diaz happened, not before.
I have a feeling you're just taking a look at Wikipedia and fighters' records to prove your point with no recolection of the events at all.
If you don't trust my memories, here's what MMAFighting has written: https://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/201...appointed-johny-hendricks-looks-on-the-bright
Despite the fact that he was promised a title shot after beating Josh Koscheck at UFC on FOX 3 last month, Johny Hendricks says he isn't surprised he'll have to go through Martin Kampmann first.
UFC president Dana White broke the news last week that the promotion is looking to set up an unofficial welterweight tournament at UFC 154, which will feature Georges St-Pierre vs. Carlos Condit for the undisputed welterweight title and Hendricks vs. Kampmann for the No. 1 contender spot.
And it's just not them, every media considered this a number one contender fight, at least on Hendricks' part. It was marketed as the number one contender fight. Just use google. The arcticle even mentions Hendricks being promised a TS after beating Koscheck but of course the interim title needed to be resolved first. Most hardcore fans were mad about him being passed for titleshot for Diaz.
Here you have another Yahoo article about how unfair was the situation for Hendricks: https://sports.yahoo.com/mma--an-un...om-a-shot-at-georges-st-pierre-160514290.html
It's not me who should admit a mistake
Last edited: