Chandler seemed gassed after round 1

He was spamming the same combination and got clipped.

He was. Everyone says he has good cardio. He doesn't. He's a front runner. Gotta style takes too much energy.

He’s the absolute opposite of what you’re taught in most striking martial arts. The whole “small movements to be energy efficient”. There’s no way you can have good cardio with that style. You’re right.. he runs on heart and athleticism until one of them runs out.

He was. Everyone says he has good cardio. He doesn't. He's a front runner. Gotta style takes too much energy.

Exploding out of a tight body triangle and sprinting for a finish he didn't get was for sure going to drain him badly. He showed the cardio and fight IQ of a prime Coleman, you can only rely so much on brute strength and explosivity. He'll still be a force in the division for a couple of years though.

He wasn’t gassed he just got caught.

Anyone thinking fighters come into round 2 as fresh as they start round 1 have clearly never trained a day in their life. Do some explosive excercise for 1 minute, see how you feel and get back to me. Most of you will be throwing up

I mean he's muscular as fook and had a lot of grappling output in round 1.

Understandable he gassed.

It’s how he fights. Blitzes for a round and takes the next one off. He said it in an interview years ago I think before the Henderson fight.

He wasn’t gassed he just got caught.

Anyone thinking fighters come into round 2 as fresh as they start round 1 have clearly never trained a day in their life. Do some explosive excercise for 1 minute, see how you feel and get back to me. Most of you will be throwing up

Oliveira clearly looked fresher despite getting pummelled.

Hard to say but it looked like he was emptying the tank in round 1. Almost worked for him

He was winging power shots from the get go. He has very fast hands and is explosive so it's hard to block them in time. However no way you can fight like that for 25 minutes

Oliveira clearly looked fresher despite getting pummelled.
Tough call. We can’t say with any certainty, neither of them were gassing hard but both had just put in a frenetic five mins so we’re nowhere near fresh either.
What a crazy first round!

He didnt seem gassed, he just got hit clean with a perfect left hook. Whats impressive was how he was able to spin and stand up after getting hit like that.0

I thought he just fought like Hooft fighters typically do. Throw a few basic combos extremely well and very powerfully. But defense is always a distant second in priority and there isn't really a plan B or much diversity beyond those few perfected striking combinations. Sometimes it works beautifully (usually if the fight is ended early) but if the opponent sees the same combos and defensive holes multiple times they begin to find the right counter attacks.

Back