Chandler seemed gassed after round 1

TheSpider

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He wasn’t moving with the same explosiveness and energy in round 2. Wasn’t surprised to see him get clapped so easily

I pick him via KO R1 ,
but probably you are right !
(Not any likes left !)

He just got predictable with his striking. He kept going to the body with nothing coming after it and Charles picked up the opening for the counter left hook.

I think Chandler was just surprised Charles didn't fold and quit after round 1 like he'd done so many times in his career. He was expecting Charles to break and he didn't so his confidence was shot IMO

He did look more tired than Oliveira did in between rounds. Probably didn't help any.

Chandler had a very good game-plan for the type of opponent he appeared to believe that he was fighting. Three years ago Chandler would have knocked Oliveira out in the first round.

The Oliveira that made himself into a contender over the past two years and now champion prefers the submission if his opponent hands it to him.

But he will also immediately let his hands go if a pressure fighter like Chandler gets too close to him; which Chandler did and it got him TKOd.

Chandler did not respect Oliveiras power enough nor his grappling. Oliveira should have submitted him in the first round, but he took too long to setup a submission he should have had ready to go.

Chandler had all the tools to win that fight but none of the smarts (in a fight IQ sense).

I thought he got overcocky. After that beating he put on Oliveria he thought Oliveria would fold.

He was wrong.

I thought he got overcocky. After that beating he put on Oliveria he thought Oliveria would fold.

He was wrong.
I think the same way if he could be a bit more patinent the fight could absolutely gone to the other places

He got a little wild and looked for the home run shot instead of setting it up. Not the same way he set it up against Hooker. Probably thought Oliveira was more hurt than he was.

He wasn’t moving with the same explosiveness and energy in round 2. Wasn’t surprised to see him get clapped so easily
He was. Everyone says he has good cardio. He doesn't. He's a front runner. His style takes too much energy.

Last edited:
HE was gassed. Only ever had 2 good rounds in him, if he fights like that. Tried to go for the finish in the first and exhausted himself with all that explosive muscle mass.

He was. Everyone says he has good cardio. He doesn't. He's a front runner. Gotta style takes too much energy.
This. Especially when he completly goes beast mode in the first. Exploding out ouf backmount and shit. I said before the fight, with all the pressure and power he will only have two good rounds left. Turns out it was only one lol.

I think the same way if he could be a bit more patinent the fight could absolutely gone to the other places
He tried to be patient in the first minutes but got pieced by DoBronx, than he found success in blitzing in with explosive strikes, so he went with it and nearly got the finish.

He tried to be patient in the first minutes but got pieced by DoBronx, than he found success in blitzing in with explosive strikes, so he went with it and nearly got the finish.
Sounds right

Back