Chances Khabib comes out of retirement if he witnesses Islam lose in devastating fashion

0%. He is done. He has fully transitioned into fulfilling his father’s role as coach and mentor.
He has also transitioned into some of his father's weight. If he came back it will be 165 catchweight or to beat up on Leon, win the belt, and the re-retire--just like GSP

Don’t worry guys… Islam is not gonna lose.

Khabib was a 23-year-old welterweight when the UFC signed him. His father pushed him to try to fight at lightweight in the UFC to protect the undefeated record that he had carefully engineered for him. One of the tenets of Abdulmanap's teachings was to select opponents over whom you have an advantage in weight or wrestling skills.

When Khabib was 11-0, Abdulmanap matched him up against a fighter with an 0-2 record. When he was 14-0, Khabib's opponent was 0-0. After signing with the UFC, this strategy would have been near impossible to pursue, so Abdulmanap insisted on Khabib doing a death cut to lightweight and shying away from MMA fighters that used wrestling extensively.

Khabib spent his entire tenure in the UFC struggling to make weight. He missed weight several times, repeatedly pulled out of fights, was a no-show at weigh-ins, was often injured, averaged barely 1 fight per year over the last 7 years of his career, and got to a point where he was only able to fight in Abu Dhabi thanks to their sham weigh-ins.

jrq17d3wxe9bwoam_1608014144.jpeg

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F1f3f27c25fd50b6a20b6d8e1c99919cc.png

Khabib-weigh-in-5.png

Khabib has continued to gain weight in retirement. He will almost certainly never fight in the UFC again because he will never make lightweight again. His father stressed to him that having an advantage in weight and wrestling skills over his opponent was critical to creating an uneven playing field to protect the undefeated record.

009ea-16344469984436-1920.jpg

60b2177eab96838a689996d8822ba6323f36bbd0_2_800x1000.jpeg

Everyone should do that then. Seems like a good idea to me.

No way he's coming back. 1. He means what he says and says what he means. 2. He already had a red panty night. 3. He's not going to risk his legacy or his undefeated record when he's not committed to competing. 4. As promoter of Eagle Fight Club, he's not going to be one more name on another organization's fight roster. 5. We all know about his dad and his new role coaching his teammates. He can build upon his legacy as an amazing coach for the next 30 years. 6. He lost his competitive drive after gently putting Justin to bed, Dustin to dust, and vanquishing Conor and his corner.

Khabib retired and Sherdog needs him now more than ever <Lmaoo>
"Oh shut up khabib ugh why do we have to keep hearing about him!! every day theres a thread about him omfg he's retired! ENOUGH"

5 MINS LATER

"So anyway will chicken Khabib come back if Charles wins,stop ducking!" :: makes threads about how Khabib ducked all the wrestlers,the welterweight division,and will never be LW GOAT until he faces young machida at HW ::

I wish that happened since it's actively my biggest MMA fantasy match-up, but Khabib's too far gone now weight-wise, even if he still trains with his team daily.

And unfortunately the belts matter way too much for them to agree on a 170lb catch weight just to settle the score.

Let's just be content with Saturday going smoothly, with zero weight drama and freak injuries.

"Oh shut up khabib ugh why do we have to keep hearing about him!! every day theres a thread about him omfg he's retired! ENOUGH"

5 MINS LATER

"So anyway will chicken Khabib come back if Charles wins,stop ducking!" :: makes threads about how Khabib ducked all the wrestlers,the welterweight division,and will never be LW GOAT until he faces young machida at HW ::
"Khabib never lost, he's so scared and then retired cause of mommy! What a pussy! Dagestan rat, I hate him!!"

505-5053483_troll-angry-crying-meme-depressed-memezasf-trendy-sad.png

Khabib is going to be in Islams corner for the Oliveira fight. It would make a great story, and would also be a very Khabib thing to do. He loves to take the spotlight

The only thing he loves more than the spotlight is his zero. I can't imagine him fighting again now, his moved on and his body shape has changed to the point it would be really hard to make LW again.

Zero chance of a return ever. He's clearly done ( look at the soize of 'im) , abdulmanaps gone and I hope he stays retired. Too many retire and come back, would be good to see him stick to his guns.

To be honest I would have found him to be a way more intriguing character if he just disappeared back to the mountains. Love khabib but he's talked way too much since he retired.

He has his own fight promotion and coaches. This requires some talking, don't you think?

Reactions: HHJ
When Charles KO's Islam stiff, Khabib will want no part of him.

Khabib already ran from Charles once, no way he has the balls to come back for him.

lol theres like 5 threads on the front page w Khabib name in em. Youd think he was fighting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GringoRonin
Back