• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Elections Challenger to Elizabeth Warren's Senate seat uses sign calling her "fake Indian"

Our politics are so disgusting right now. Maybe they always have been, but I can't remember a time when I was more consistently disgusted by the lack of maturity and dignity shown by these people.

We see more and more of this because it works...unfortunately.

I would love to see a candidate vow NOT to engage in smear campaigning

Yeah, adults don't pick leaders based on whether immature dorks will try to make fun of them. They also don't pick leaders based on how much it will totes trigger said immature dorks.

She's far, far more qualified and would be a better president than Kamala Harris.

Maybe I wasn't as explicit as I should have been: I believe Warren would lose. Badly. She radiates an aura of pathetic dorkyness on which her detractors would happily pounce, causing her supporters endless shame and ridicule. That was something that absolutely killed Clinton – her unscripted "human" moments were so cringeworthy that she became an endless joke. She was a walking negative campaign ad against herself.

I agree that Kamala Harris is not as qualified. But would you rather win with a less qualified candidate, or lose with a more qualified candidate? I think Harris has a much better shot of winning.

Our politics are so disgusting right now. Maybe they always have been, but I can't remember a time when I was more consistently disgusted by the lack of maturity and dignity shown by these people.

In the last election, Republicans tried to arrest the Democratic candidate on trumped-up charges, and a lot of people were willing to go along with it. That's never happened before. I do fear it'll be the new norm (whenever there's a Republican Congress and the Democratic presidential candidate is favored to win, we'll see bullshit investigations and possibly charges, and if law enforcement doesn't bend, the candidate will be assumed by many to have "gotten away with it.").

A little tip for the Warren fans here. Her brand of blame the rich, give everything away for free politics, along with Bernie, drove me and many others from the democrat party.

They are too far left for people who worked all their lives and know nothing is free.

Lastly, I’ve never seen folks here so emotionally attached to a politician as they are to her. Not necessarily criticizing, just an interesting observation.

We see more and more of this because it works...unfortunately.

I would love to see a candidate vow NOT to engage in smear campaigning

It's as if only people who watch reality tv shows like the Kardashians and Real Housewives are allowed to vote.

Who the hell is influenced to vote for somebody because of immature smear campaigns calling somebody "fake Indian"? It's absolutely bizarre. People see that and think, "That's the guy I want to lead our people!" Something went very wrong with American society recently.

It's always been dirty, but Lee Atwater really started some shady shit. Karl Rove grabbed the torch. Add Trump into the mix now and it is crazy.

Being shameful has been lost with the republican party.

For you youngster alt-right fucks, you should take a look at Lee Atwater. You will be jacking off to him before the video is over..........

It's always been dirty, but Lee Atwater really started some shady shit. Karl Rove grabbed the torch. Add Trump into the mix now and it is crazy.

Being shameful has been lost with the republican party.

For you youngster alt-right fucks, you should take a look at Lee Atwater. You will be jacking off to him before the video is over..........

Disturbing, but completely unsurprising.

The crazy thing is, he could say the same thing today and about 1/3 of this forum would pretend that he was not actually saying anything wrong.

There is a willful ignorance that people show. You would think their pride would prevent them from stooping to the levels that they do, but there is absolutely no dignity in politics anymore.

Can you support this claim? I've never even heard it alleged before. I had heard that she used it when applying to teach, but that was debunked. Wasn't mentioned at all at her first post, and she was recruited by Harvard, and the people involved in that process say that they had no awareness of any Native American connection.
I don't know how it worked when Warren was young, but I, too, checked the "Native American/Pacific Islander/Alaskan Native" box when applying for college. And I check it every time i'm doing anything ever that has that box.
Did I get any kind of financial compensation whatsoever for being native? No. It had no bearing on my application because I'm not a registered tribal member, have received 0 dollars in my life, and cannot/would not try to apply for native scholarships. I like it just fine. Let those kind of resources go to the people that need and can use them. But aint nobody on God's Green Earth stopping me from checking the box.
I got into college on my own merit, much as I expect Warren did. I'm not familiar enough with her story to know how she could have used a native claim to impact her education without being a registered tribal member.

Can you support this claim? I've never even heard it alleged before. I had heard that she used it when applying to teach, but that was debunked. Wasn't mentioned at all at her first post, and she was recruited by Harvard, and the people involved in that process say that they had no awareness of any Native American connection.

Lol, it's just a smear, Jack. It's something that has been mostly irrelevant in her life and career, but now people are pretending that she basically rode the Native American gravy train to fame and fortune. I don't like her at all, by the way. I actually dislike her. But it is not because she thought she was part Indian, that's irrelevant.

Think about how many times have you heard people on this forum say Barack and Michelle both got into college because of affirmative action. Have you ever seen proof of that?

A lot of people are very unsuccessful. They allow that lack of success to breed a disdain for people who are successful that they don't agree with. If they are too dumb for the Ivy league, then Barack just had to have gotten a free ride because he's black.....then became super successful there because he's black....and then became President of the United States...all just because he's black. He can't just be more intelligent, harder working, and more thoughtful than them. That can't be the case.

Warren claimed Native American status when applying to college. Due to institutionalized racism i.e. "affirmative action" that allows universities to discriminate against people based on their race, religion, or gender, she would have benefited from a remarkable lowering of standards for admission based on the standards universities have employed aggressively for the past 40 years in order to become more "diverse".

This has been covered here before. You've got your facts entirely wrong.

It was also reported by the Boston Globe that Warren, on a 1973 application to the Rutgers Law School, declined to apply for admission under the Program for Minority Group Students, and that she listed herself as white on an undated personnel document at the University of Texas, where she worked from 1981 until 1987.

The only document containing Warren's claim of non-white ancestry is the Association of American Law Schools directory for law professors where she listed herself as Indian.

At most her potentially erroneous self-categorization allowed Harvard to claim a slightly more racially diverse faculty. Warren never personally benefited from her proclaimed Native ancestry.

Elizabeth Warren's entire claim to being Native American is her mother telling her she had high cheekbones. She also happens to look like the whitest woman on the planet.

What stops literally anyone from just doing what Warren did? No need to provide actual proof of being Native American, just write it on an application and shout racism at anyone who denies you.

Lol, it's just a smear, Jack. It's something that has been mostly irrelevant in her life and career, but now people are pretending that she basically rode the Native American gravy train to fame and fortune. I don't like her at all, by the way. I actually dislike her. But it is not because she thought she was part Indian, that's irrelevant.

Think about how many times have you heard people on this forum say Barack and Michelle both got into college because of affirmative action. Have you ever seen proof of that?

A lot of people are very unsuccessful. They allow that lack of success to breed a disdain for people who are successful that they don't agree with. If they are too dumb for the Ivy league, then Barack just had to have gotten a free ride because he's black.....then became super successful there because he's black....and then became President of the United States...all just because he's black. He can't just be more intelligent, harder working, and more thoughtful than them. That can't be the case.

From a propaganda standpoint, tying the story to affirmative action is beautiful. It's abhorrent, but you almost have to be impressed with the cleverness. If you successfully tie lower-class white voters' attitudes toward Warren to their attitudes toward AA, she's cooked.

A little tip for the Warren fans here. Her brand of blame the rich, give everything away for free politics, along with Bernie, drove me and many others from the democrat party.

They are too far left for people who worked all their lives and know nothing is free.

Lastly, I’ve never seen folks here so emotionally attached to a politician as they are to her. Not necessarily criticizing, just an interesting observation.
Yeah, if Bernie drove anyone to Trump of all people I say good riddance. Maybe you and a few other dipshits claim this but what really drove people away was Hillary Clinton.

I’m Aussie but I didn’t realize people didn’t like Warren.

All I’ve ever really seen her do is try and hold corporations and financial institutions to count for corruption etc.

Would think whichever side of politics you were on that’s a good thing.

Warren claimed Native American status when applying to college. Due to institutionalized racism i.e. "affirmative action" that allows universities to discriminate against people based on their race, religion, or gender, she would have benefited from a remarkable lowering of standards for admission based on the standards universities have employed aggressively for the past 40 years in order to become more "diverse".

Trump destroyed this woman's credibility because he isn't ashamed to be an idiot. He's disgraced himself by demonstrating his gullibility to believe in the Obama birther myth, but it turns out, if you fling enough darts at the board, sooner or later one lands stuck squarely on the forehead of a pigfaced liar.

One of those darts found Warren. I used to like this woman. Her indignant reaction in the face of all evidence that she's been telling fairy tales destroyed her credibility with me. I cannot respect her any more than I can respect Trump.
Was with you up until "cannot respect her anymore than I can respect trump". Trumps record of lying is leviathan compared to hers and her policy positions are infinitely better.

I’m Aussie but I didn’t realize people didn’t like Warren.

All I’ve ever really seen her do is try and hold corporations and financial institutions to count for corruption etc.

Would think whichever side of politics you were on that’s a good thing.
It should be, but the rightwing smear machine has already created a fictional bio for her, and all the stooges on the right have bought it.

Even their immediate families bought it!

<21>

It's as if only people who watch reality tv shows like the Kardashians and Real Housewives are allowed to vote.

Who the hell is influenced to vote for somebody because of immature smear campaigns calling somebody "fake Indian"? It's absolutely bizarre. People see that and think, "That's the guy I want to lead our people!" Something went very wrong with American society recently.
I've never followed or cared about politics in my life, and I did not try to educate myself during the last election. But everything started getting swamped with these negative campaign ads, from both sides. I never saw one ad which said what this person was going to do, just what a scumbag the other person was. Kind of killed TV for me.

Home and garden channel is the only thing that was spared.

Was with you up until "cannot respect her anymore than I can respect trump". Trumps record of lying is leviathan compared to hers and her policy positions are infinitely better.
He's also incorrect on his initial assertion.

Yeah, if Bernie drove anyone to Trump of all people I say good riddance. Maybe you and a few other dipshits claim this but what really drove people away was Hillary Clinton.

False.

Bernie promised the fucking world for free, with no clue how to pay for it (because that would be impossible), and with full knowledge that there was no hope of actually passing any of it.

Bernie was the biggest liar in the 16 race, and that is truly an amazing feat.

Back