Chains and Bands-Usefullness

Espo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I have the benefit of having my own home gym including power rack, 600 lbs of weights, etc. I basicly have the essentials. I am slowly adding belts and whistles to my gym, though I don't need much. I would like to know your opinions on the usefullness of chains/bands for a bjj/mma practioner who only lifts 1-3 times a week. I don't question their usefullness in general but for a non-competitve powerlifter. Do you all believe that they would be a waste of time and money for someone like me?

My understanding is that they're most beneficial for dynamic workouts to help deccellerate. If you're not utilizing DE days, I wouldn't concern myself with them.

At this moment I am not using de days, but I have used them in the past and may use them in the future.

Depends how much you're lifting currently too I guess (will favour those more advanced needed a new stimuli). In general I don't think you'd need it though. Just stick with the basics.

They can help you get bigger and stronger by increasing the difficulty throughout your strength curve of a lift (if properly used). The westside guys wouldn't be using it if it didn't give you more power in general... and if you aren't lifting for power, what are you lifting for?

Oops, meant to add.... not sure if they're worth the large increase in setup time for all your lifts though.

Back