Chael: "When i watch conors skillset from television, i think its weird"

McGregor pushes people's backwards and keeps them on the end of his long straight punches until they try to close in which he as on end of the most accurate check hooks in the game. His left is the power shot that makes the, worry but all his best Ko's are his left hook.

Eddie got hurt by it, Aldo, porier, buchinger. However watch the first Diaz fight when the range isn the in his favour And he can't seem to set up his straight left as well and finds himself running onto counters.

He looked worlds better in the mayweather fight and am excited to see how he deals with a pressure fighter he can't hold up with punches.

Ps I also dislike. Gregor, but he's fuckomg gooddddd

I think Conor wants to make himself look vulnerable so he can counterstrike. Reminds me of Anderson Silva and Lyoto Machida. Unfortunately, time is not kind to this fighting style because it requires speed and reaction time.

Conor relies heavily on that granite chin of his. He's been cracked by Mendes, Porier, Diaz, and Floyd hit him with a 10 piece combo that didn't even drop him. It's not smart but so far so good.
Conor's defense is actually phenomenal for MMA. Just look at the Eddie fight. He has tailored his game since the Nate fight, and its only when he gasses now that others start being able to have success. Even vs Nate II, he really did not get hit cleanly very often

Conor already has his opponents defeated [mentally] before they even step into the cage. Now the loss to Nate was an anomaly simply because you can't defeat what your opponent doesn't have...
source.gif

Conor has a strong left hand, great timing, knows how to use his range well, and has an impeccable mental game. He's beatable as fuck for a world champion though, mediocre TDD, average ground game, poor cardio, etc. And if you don't falter to his mental games, victory can be had, even for a severely flawed high level gatekeeper/low level contender like Nate Diaz.

McGregor pushes people's backwards and keeps them on the end of his long straight punches until they try to close in which he as on end of the most accurate check hooks in the game. His left is the power shot that makes the, worry but all his best Ko's are his left hook.

Eddie got hurt by it, Aldo, porier, buchinger. However watch the first Diaz fight when the range isn the in his favour And he can't seem to set up his straight left as well and finds himself running onto counters.

He looked worlds better in the mayweather fight and am excited to see how he deals with a pressure fighter he can't hold up with punches.

Ps I also dislike. Gregor, but he's fuckomg gooddddd
His jab and right seemed to coming along well too, as evidence by the Mayweather fight. It will be interesting to see if he uses the jab in MMA, or if he has largely omit it because he found it useless. I can see it helping keep range versus a wrestler like Kabob tho.

Conor's defense is actually phenomenal for MMA. Just look at the Eddie fight. He has tailored his game since the Nate fight, and its only when he gasses now that others start being able to have success. Even vs Nate II, he really did not get hit cleanly very often

He's got really good defense as well, he's just willing to take one to give one, and I can't blame him.

He's got really good defense as well, he's just willing to take one to give one, and I can't blame him.
I've seen that take one to give one change a bit since he lost to Nate tho. Obviously, when he gasses, he is more open, but I see a real emphasis put on his defense and energy conservation since the L; no more spinning kicks, no more head hunting, no more reckless abandon for the quick KO.

"His chin is up and his hands are down. Guys thats really bad. If you are an aspiring fighter, do not copy. But there are certain guys that come along over time that do break that rule and go a long way with it"

I have to fully agree with chael here. This has always been baffling to me.

When i watch jose, eddie alvarez, poirier, holloway (etc...) fight, i can clearly see why these guys are highly regarded. You can see perfect technique display and well roundness to their game.

When i watch conor, i just dont see that same technique and skill displayed. Not even the athleticism.
Not a threatening high kick game. Not a great TDD. Not the most polished ground game. Pretty much no offensive wrestling. Moves weird and uses a weird stance. Also bad cardio.

Yet, he has beaten all the guys mentioned.

What is your take sherdog? Discuss conors skillset... and how does he get away with it. What does he do that allows him to overcome the holes in his game?

IpmKtR2.gif

<{vega}><{vega}><{vega}>

Conor has been blessed with the powers of a divine GOD. In his first pro boxing fight, he did better than everyone else against Floyd despite not even throwing proper punches.

Imagine if he did train properly? He would able to destroy people even easier.

He's a pressure counter puncher. He keeps his hands down so he can bait and throw punches from odd angles. It's common with American southpaw boxers. Some people call it Freestyle. It's not that uncommon.

Also, when people talk about his accuracy, there's a thing they're not seeing. He's accurate his power shots because almost all exchanges come on his terms. He dictates exchanges and he's a counterpuncher. It behooves him to keep his hands down.

I know why its weird, What the FUck has he done to garner this Elite status...Answer, Nothing more than average, but when you have UFC brass in your pocket, investing millions into marketing you you as Elite, it helps.
Lets take a look
Win over Siver...and???
same for Brimage
beat an injured Holloway ...2nd fight a different story
beat journeyman Poirer, who can now afford top level fight camps, not to mention the slew of illegal back of the head shots....when UFC is backing you you get the best vs some guy who pays for his own shit, ahmmm, welfare much Conor..
Late replacement Mendes who was ragdolling most of you fanboys's hero, on 2 weeks notice, and had he stuck to same strategy, would have won
then he lost to Cabo nate, and cabo nate with camp, but the judges are merely scapegoats, easy to blame them. and easy to buy them
Brandao...who?
And Eddie, strikeforce, and definitely fought a fishy fight.

So yeah, he looks weird on tv
plays touch butt with idol portal, gasses after 1.5 rounds, confirmed coke user which means doesn't take anything seriously, wwe stunt with dolly...
Am I the only one that cringes at this shit the way I cringe when I youtube Ronda in the wwe?
This might be the single dumbest post I've ever seen in a Conor thread. I'm sure even the Conor haters are shaking their head at this.

It's seem to me that lots of people are in the same boat as Chael, whereas I watch Conor fight and I see a truly special fighter.

It's strange that we can all watch the same thing and walking away with very different conclusions.

The images are not loading for me except the Brandão one

I was waiting for this. Cause obviously there would be some kick somewhere.

And my question is: is this the best you got? He landed on Diego flush and the guy just lost balance...

So my point still there... His high kicks arent a threat

Edit: First two loaded.... Seiver is 150 cm.... Thats a mid section for anyone else. And the second Guy took in the face because he was going down. It was also a midsection kick
Beep beep beep beep beep....

Conor is good... for 1.5 rounds... after that any top 5 would eat him

Yes Nate Diaz is useless and he has always been

Anderson fought the same way. It works for some guys.

But Anderson beat alot of guys...
You cant say the same about Conor

Gifted tilteshot after losing twice to Nate fuck Diaz...
and many defences right xD

Conor relies heavily on that granite chin of his. He's been cracked by Mendes, Porier, Diaz, and Floyd hit him with a 10 piece combo that didn't even drop him. It's not smart but so far so good.

If dana and hype say he's good ... he's good okay

Conor is good... for 1.5 rounds... after that any top 5 would eat him

Yes Nate Diaz is useless and he has always been
Really, coz most guys struggle to even survive 1.5 round with Conor...?

It this imagined scenario of yours did these guys somehow avoid a savage beating in those 1.5 rounds, coz no one in the UFC has yet...

Conor, like Anderson, is just so much more ahead than the guys he is fighting in the striking department that he can get away with stuff like this.

Wonderboy, Darren Till and Stylebender all fight with their chins up and hands down too. Yet they are some of the best strikers in the game right now.

Back