Chael: "When i watch conors skillset from television, i think its weird"

Self belief can be the difference between middle of the pack, and the top of the heap. Just as natural athleticism can make a average fighter into a good or fighter great even. Hard work and dedication will always be the norm for most. The real gifted ones can be soooooo different, but all the same too.

I
show me a gif of conor landing a capoeira kick ever in a fight in the ufc..... ill be waiting

If he is this great kicker that you say he is "known for", im sure there would be gifed highlights of the moments who gave him this reputation..... :rolleyes:

Ffo9.gif

giphy.gif

Conor%2BMcGregor%2Bvs%2BDiego%2BBrand%C3%A3o%2B(3

5KRF.gif

UFC_205_Pelea_Gratis_Conor_McGregor_vs_Dennis_Siver-1.gif

it's called business, friend. do you have higher education? well I do. in business. and the 18-34 range, are the easiest to manipulate, confuse, and sell to.. among other things. thus they believe what they are essentially told, ie marketing. youll get there, in 3- 15 years.

Then tell what the millions in marketing go on..........

Power and weird angles. That's pretty much it. And he also cut a ton of weight. First time he fought a guy his size he got smacked.

Winning a stand up fight comes down to hitting the guy in the face and not getting hit yourself. Technique can help you to achieve that goal but it's not really vital.

For example, imagine YOU fought Vitor Belfort or something but time for you only is slowed down by 1000000x. Even with appalling technique, you could dodge the strikes coming at you and throw the absolute perfect ones in return. You'd see every opening to throw the perfect punch, every opening to dodge what's coming your way despite the massive skill gap.

That's all that is really VITAL to winning a fight. You only need to throw the right strikes at the right time. Just one lands flush on the jaw and the guy is going down.

Conor basically throws the right strikes at the exact right time. He has very good accuracy and timing. His opponent leaves one opening and there's a heatseaking missile left hand coming right at his chin straight away.

He pieced his face up until he gassed and his arms got heavy.

I genuinely hate people's inability to take in new information and come to a non-biased conclusion with said data.

Part of the reason Conor gassed was because he is not used to being punched in the face. Speaking of, 80% of Nate's punches were landed at distance, which reinforces my initial point that reach is indeed a big factor in Conor's game planning, or in this case, weakness. This is not a knock on Conor. This is called understanding MMA. It's a good thing. No need to get defensive and show your bias.

Moreover, Nate landed 23 of 23 shots in the first at distance, with 16 of those to the head. By comparison, Eddie, Dustin, Siver, and Aldo landed a combined 18 strikes to the head versus Conor. Yes, reach is an absolutely fundamental aspect of Conor's offense. That is n no way a criticism of him as fighter, just and observation about his physiology.

Fight the urge to argue back and let that sink in. You'll be better for it.

The images are not loading for me except the Brandão one

I was waiting for this. Cause obviously there would be some kick somewhere.

And my question is: is this the best you got? He landed on Diego flush and the guy just lost balance...

So my point still there... His high kicks arent a threat

Edit: First two loaded.... Seiver is 150 cm.... Thats a mid section for anyone else. And the second Guy took in the face because he was going down. It was also a midsection kick

Conor relies on having a longer reach than most of his opponents and his reflexes. That's how he gets away with it.

It's no big secret that he had trouble with Diaz because he didn't have that big reach advantage he's used to. That's why he had to go back to the drawing board for the second fight and came out using more kicks.

When I watch Chael's complete lack of a skillset from television, I think it's weird how he convinced so many retarded people to watch him.

I had an argument with someone I respected recently that was somewhat similar, about replicating Lomachenko's style. It's not a good style to try and fight as, it's not your style. It's one that takes work and distance management. Even as a fairly big hater of Conor outside the cage, and critical of the lacking width in his spectrum of skills, but I'd be damned if anyone tried to pretend he didn't have some of the best distance management in the game, at a level usually reserved for fighters who are pure karatekas, but with enough boxing ability to make it seem more western and avoid the whole stylistic mysticism that comes to Machida or Wonderboy.

If people are most vulnerable when attacking, you gotta figure out how to give the perception of vulnerability without attacking in order to get your counter.

Conor relies on having a longer reach than most of his opponents and his reflexes. That's how he gets away with it.

It's no big secret that he had trouble with Diaz because he didn't have that big reach advantage he's used to. That's why he had to go back to the drawing board for the second fight and came out using more kicks.
Yep but his mouth wins fights. Fighters come in broken
Like ali
He wasn't as good as ali talk wise

When I watch Chael's complete lack of a skillset from television, I think it's weird how he convinced so many retarded people to watch him.

I had an argument with someone I respected recently that was somewhat similar, about replicating Lomachenko's style. It's not a good style to try and fight as, it's not your style. It's one that takes work and distance management. Even as a fairly big hater of Conor outside the cage, and critical of the lacking width in his spectrum of skills, but I'd be damned if anyone tried to pretend he didn't have some of the best distance management in the game, at a level usually reserved for fighters who are pure karatekas, but with enough boxing ability to make it seem more western and avoid the whole stylistic mysticism that comes to Machida or Wonderboy.

If people are most vulnerable when attacking, you gotta figure out how to give the perception of vulnerability without attacking in order to get your counter.
makes sense since he trained with gunnar nelson who is a goju ryu black belt.

Chuck randy was special
Chuck the striker got whooped standing by the wrestler
Chuck came back with game plan

Its not anyones job, but you put yourself out there, then, when pressed, couldnt provide any reply to the question asked and then told me "look for yourself"

gtfooh.... nice way to backtrack lol

show me a gif of conor landing a capoeira kick ever in a fight in the ufc..... ill be waiting

If he is this great kicker that you say he is "known for", im sure there would be gifed highlights of the moments who gave him this reputation..... :rolleyes:

Mcg defo isn't a kicker, wrestler or grappler...
Im sure he'd be the first to admit that boxing is his go to, hence him being the one to get the pro debut from ufc.
But he does use them and I believe he uses them more to try and control distance, guard and defend takedowns...

Anyway, this took about 5 seconds to find after googling Mcg kicks.

The images are not loading for me except the Brandão one

I was waiting for this. Cause obviously there would be some kick somewhere.

And my question is: is this the best you got? He landed on Diego flush and the guy just lost balance...

So my point still there... His high kicks arent a threat

Edit: First two loaded.... Seiver is 150 cm.... Thats a mid section for anyone else. And the second Guy took in the face because he was going down. It was also a midsection kick

there are some other examples but I couldn't find a decent gif and am too lazy to search for one.

I personally wouldn't describe Conor as a dangerous kicker but they are still an important part of his game to set up his punches, mix up his timing and generally to disrupt his oponents timing etc.

but I disagree, they are a threat. getting hit on the chin with a shin is never fun. and just like "the threat of the takedown" helps grapplers land strikes on much better strikers the threat of high kicks helps Conor set up and land his other attacks.

he also used body kicks very effective against Mendes and landed a lot of front leg side kicks to the leg of Max Holloway.

again, he is no Crocop but his kicks are an important part of his game imo

giphy.gif

nDSMVix.gif

He seems to move well and his timing is good but the chin up thing is always a worry

He's a
You must be sniffing bath salts to think Holloway or anyone you listed has better boxing technique than Conor.

tumblr_ohhg0cvLRI1qlskhvo1_400.gif

Holloway already has permanent head trauma damage.

None of those guys move like Conor. They can't judge distance like Conor. There's more to boxing technique than throwing textbook punches whilst stationary.

This. Conor has that natural skill that only the elite strikers have ie Silva, Adesanya, etc. Those guys fight extremely calm and counter very effectively because they control the distance better than their opponents.

Back