Media Chael criticizes any complaining MW top fighter

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Chael comes out swinging hard against Strickland, du Plessis, Whittaker (I'm sure others too) here:

"It did come out and got clarified, when Dana said that if Chimaev picks 185 and commits to that, he will get a top fight. And if he wins this one fight I will put him in for the belt.
The other MW's either never heard of it or they were so deathly scared of Chimaev they didn't go for it."

"It was a blanket policy, the opponent didn't matter, you could walk a mop out there if you could get it licensed. There was not even a rumor of an opponent when Dana made this comment.
Every MW who claims they'd like to be champion should have fought tooth and nail to be the one opposite to Chimaev, and they all could have got it. Anyone of them."

"To pull Costa out and put him against Chimaev wasn't just to preserve that originally planned match-up, it's 'cause none of the other cowards did it. That's the truth. Costa and Cannonier don't
get put on this list of cowards that all the rest of the top MW's do."

"An opportunity that has already been established. There will be a number one contender's match. That was already established by Dana and you all heard it. Don't act like you didn't hear it.
You all did and you all knew what was at stake, and none of you were willing to do it. What middleweight must Chimaev beat, if he has already backed you down?"

"This whole idea of "B-b-but it's a middleweight versus a welterweight", you're the same weight! This is a new age phenomenon by the new fake tough guys that are known as "ultimate fighters""

Chael comes out swinging hard against Strickland, du Plessis, Whittaker (I'm sure others too) here:

"It did come out and got clarified, when Dana said that if Chimaev picks 185 and commits to that, he will get a top fight. And if he wins this one fight I will put him in for the belt.
The other MW's either never heard of it or they were so deathly scared of Chimaev they didn't go for it."

"It was a blanket policy, the opponent didn't matter, you could walk a mop out there if you could get it licensed. There was not even a rumor of an opponent when Dana made this comment.
Every MW who claims they'd like to be champion should have fought tooth and nail to be the one opposite to Chimaev, and they all could have got it. Anyone of them."

"To pull Costa out and put him against Chimaev wasn't just to preserve that originally planned match-up, it's 'cause none of the other cowards did it. That's the truth. Costa and Cannonier don't
get put on this list of cowards that all the rest of the top MW's do."

"An opportunity that has already been established. There will be a number one contender's match. That was already established by Dana and you all heard it. Don't act like you didn't hear it.
You all did and you all knew what was at stake, and none of you were willing to do it. What middleweight must Chimaev beat, if he has already backed you down?"

"This whole idea of "B-b-but it's a middleweight versus a welterweight", you're the same weight! This is a new age phenomenon by the new fake tough guys that are known as "ultimate fighters""

c97.gif

Chael's opinion in a nutshell.

Keep waiting for Bo Nickal to get a big fight. Will it ever happen?

The champion doesn't have to fly to a fishy place like Abu Dhabi to give an unranked guy a title shot on 10 days notice, almost 1 month after beating Adesanya as a huge underdog.

He’s right, they should have jumped into as this was a title eliminator.

But fighters too are right to whine about rankings and pecking order.

Khamzat will become champ, it's inevitable. I bet he gets ducked and they give him title shot next like Islam when he was trying to earn a title.

Yeah you don't have to beat any top middleweights to get the title fight...makes sense.

Its crazy how petty dana is towards people who don't take short notice fights. Khamzat struggled against kamaru and burns and because strickland is the champion dana thinks hes the easiest option to get khamzat the belt.

who doesn't want to cut to make their REAL fighting weight and fly across the world to fight in a competely rigged environment?

what a bunch of "cowards"

No. He Said Dana announced it months ago. Chimaev vs ? for the next title shot.
Dricus thought he already had the shit secured. Costa Canonnier were open to fight. The rest didn't do anything

That being said there's only Khamzat and Dricus here. Costa Canonier are injured. Eithaker is comming of a loss as is Vettori.

So basically Chael is selling is a spin on why beating Kamaru Usman gets you a MW title shot as opposed to beating Robert Withaker, Brunson, Till, Tavares.

Khamzat couldn't make 170 with a full training camp but you expect top 10 middleweights to make 185 on 10 days notice?
If they want a title? Yes! They could have jumped the line: high risk high reward. But I don’t blame em, I can see their reasons to turn it down, but this was gonna fast track em to a title, instead of the long process to earn and selling it.

I guess they and their coaches felt 10 days isn’t enough to prepare especially for a guy like khamzat.

Back