Chael/Anderson/Hector

I see Lombard beating all the current MW contender's but Anderson seems like a very tough match up for him.

Lombard take the title from Anderson Silva?

...er...do you know who Anderson Silva is? Because it sounds to me like you've never seen him fight.

The same Anderson Silva that KO'd Leben in 49 seconds, the same Anderson Silva who KO'd former LHW champ Forrest Griffin in under 4 minutes, the same Anderson Silva who TKO'd the "unbreakable" Stephan Bonnar in the first round (the first time Bonnar had EVER been stopped by strikes), is going to LOSE to HECTOR LOMBARD?!

Yeah the same Anderson who lost a 10-8 round in his last fight at MW, lost 6 rounds to Chael Sonnen, was outstruck and knocked down by him, the same Anderson who was mounted by Lutter, who couldn't finish Leites, Maia and Cote, who has been beaten 3 times by low caliber fighters

Don't act as if Anderson was some kind of invincible god, he doesn't have that kind of mystic and never had. He has been proven beatable countless times and he has clear holes in his game.

Lombard has heavy hands and good takedowns, he can beat Silva, like it or not.

He has been proven beatable countless times and he has clear holes in his game.
What's his weakness? Getting taken down by arguably the best wrestler in the division then knocking him out the next round? People act like that everyone can take down Anderson just because Chael could.

Lombard would get matrixed by Anderson

I think Lombard would beat Sonnen though

Sonnen would gas him and finish him late or decision him pretty easily.

But lol at Anderson being afraid of anyone who lost to Tim Boetsch.

What's his weakness? Getting taken down by arguably the best wrestler in the division then knocking him out the next round? People act like that everyone can take down Anderson just because Chael could.

and Hendo, Leites, Franklin, Lutter, Marquardt, Vitor, etc.

Sonnen would gas him and finish him late or decision him pretty easily.

But lol at Anderson being afraid of anyone who lost to Tim Boetsch.

You know a guy that defeated Anderson had a losing record?

Never go by that.

and Hendo, Leites, Franklin, Lutter, Marquardt, Vitor, etc.

I honestly can't tell if you are arguing with me or agreeing with me at this point, because look how well the fights ended for those guys.

I honestly can't tell if you are arguing with me or agreeing with me at this point, because look how well the fights ended for those guys.

The fact that he wins doesn't negate the fact that he has holes in his game.

You know a guy that defeated Anderson had a losing record?

Never go by that.

As good as Pride Anderson was, and he was damn good, he's nowhere near UFC Anderson.

Yeah the same Anderson who lost a 10-8 round in his last fight at MW, lost 6 rounds to Chael Sonnen, was outstruck and knocked down by him, the same Anderson who was mounted by Lutter, who couldn't finish Leites, Maia and Cote, who has been beaten 3 times by low caliber fighters

Don't act as if Anderson was some kind of invincible god, he doesn't have that kind of mystic and never had. He has been proven beatable countless times and he has clear holes in his game.

Its hilarious when folks highlight the rounds won against a fighter they dislike. You do realize that Anderson beat every one of the fighters you listed? How many fights has Sonnen won against Silva? (because that's what really counts) He toyed with Leites, Maia, and Cote. Everybody knows it whether they agree with it or not. Anybody has a chance.......hell Irvin was hyped as having a chance and we all know how that went. I think Lombard is great but you all are foolish in comparing Silva and Lombard as an even remotely even fight. Silva would go into that fight as an incredible favorite. I imagine greater than 3-1.

hes a below average wrestler and thats it. He has one minor hole in his game which he makes up for by being the best striker in the world. If he had so many "holes" in his game as you claim he wouldnt be known as the best fighter in the world

Anderson would smoke Lombard. First time Andy attacked he would finish him

Anyone remember when Chael Sonnen became the No. 1 contender for the MW title shot? And he said that Anderson put out a press release as to why he shouldn't have too fight him?

Well... Anyone know the scheduled time for the press release regarding Hector Lombard? Yeah... he stumbled on his debut... but I can see him beating all the best MW's... I think he will take the title if Anderson will give him the chance.. (I don't forsee anderson affording him that opportunity. I think Anderson will duck him until it's time too retire)

How about Hector vs Sonnen?

That could go either way... Hector has great TDD, and is strong as hell... that could be a long night for both guys.

EDIT: Didn't mean that too sound so callous towards Anderson... Obviously he is currently the No. 1 P4P active fighter... I hope that he gives Lombard the shot, and dosen't "Weidmen" him.

tumblr_lq5k09ocui1qayzvw.png

Doesn't it embarress you to post ridiculous statements?

That's what makes Anderson so interesting/entertaining for me. He does have holes in his game, but always wins because his strenghts are so amazing.

I think they should give him some more strikers and brawlers, may help boost his stock up a bit if he won

Even Bjorn Remney didn't think Hector could beat Lombard, but it's MMA, anything can happen. As you say, he'll have to finish a couple more fighters impressively to get that shot since MW is pretty stacked at the moment...

Im sure Hector beats Lombard often. LoL

Back