Chad will beat Frankie, is normal

VroomyJeeps

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First let me say, I am the almighty vrooms, if you do not take my pick, may god have mercy on your soul.

Chad will win this fight. He will, he shall, ducktail mcgail.

Why will chad win?

1) physically hes the stronger man. Hes a better wrestler. Frankie will be stuck on the feet trying to outbox him. Frankie can not wear Chad down physically, chad will fight at his pace.

2) Frankie is not a big guy nor does he possess great finishing power. Hes also primarily a boxer. although technically hes a better boxer, the discrepancy in power will be a major factor. Chad also has much more powerful kicks.

3) Speed will not be a factor. Although frankie is the faster fighter, he is not fast enough to completely neutralize mendes. Frankie likes to box on the inside. Chad is explosive enough with his strikes to land on frankie when he rushes in.

Expect frankie to do what he always does, but will end up getting caught and hurt several times while rushing in. Although he may land on chad as well, the power is going to make all the difference.

Chad will take frankies punches and remain standing, and shake it off.

But when chad lands a good strike on frankie he will be rocked a bunch of times, the judges will see this, and mendes strikes will count for a lot more because of damage.

Frankie will also be failing a lot of take downs if he tries to mix it up.

Im the end this is just a terrible matchup for the frank, and he will lose because of mendes superior wrestling and power.

I agree this is a bad match up for Frankie, and I also think this will be the fight Edgar finally gets tko/KOd. I would be more than happy to be wrong, though. Gonna be rooting for Frankie.

I'm a big fan of both guys, so I don't know. I do like the fight though. I have no idea how it plays out.

You say power will be the difference; I say cardio and pace will be the difference.

Frankie beats him by being quicker. Chad can't rely on his wrestling because Frankie has just as good ground game, if not better. On the feet, Frankie clearly outboxes him. Chad is a small guy and look what Frankie did to Benson Henderson. A natural welterweight.

Chad has no head movement. And he telegraphs his takedowns with that overhand right. Frankie is just going to box his face in.

Frankie got rocked by huge lightweights. He'll grind Mendes out with better ground game, being faster and even bigger.

Yall tripping. When i choose a fighter to win thats what happens. Yall gonna learn the hard way

First let me say, I am the almighty vrooms, if you do not take my pick, may god have mercy on your soul.

Chad will win this fight. He will, he shall, ducktail mcgail.

Why will chad win?

1) physically hes the stronger man. Hes a better wrestler. Frankie will be stuck on the feet trying to outbox him. Frankie can not wear Chad down physically, chad will fight at his pace.

2) Frankie is not a big guy nor does he possess great finishing power. Hes also primarily a boxer. although technically hes a better boxer, the discrepancy in power will be a major factor. Chad also has much more powerful kicks.

3) Speed will not be a factor. Although frankie is the faster fighter, he is not fast enough to completely neutralize mendes. Frankie likes to box on the inside. Chad is explosive enough with his strikes to land on frankie when he rushes in.

Expect frankie to do what he always does, but will end up getting caught and hurt several times while rushing in. Although he may land on chad as well, the power is going to make all the difference.

Chad will take frankies punches and remain standing, and shake it off.

But when chad lands a good strike on frankie he will be rocked a bunch of times, the judges will see this, and mendes strikes will count for a lot more because of damage.

Frankie will also be failing a lot of take downs if he tries to mix it up.

Im the end this is just a terrible matchup for the frank, and he will lose because of mendes superior wrestling and power.

1) What makes you think Mendes is a better wrestler? Mendes is more explosive with his shots, but Frankie has better timing and technique. Frankie took down bigger and better wrestlers than Mendes(Maynard) and he took down BJ who was impossible to takedown at lightweight. Also Chad will fight at Edgar's pace because Edgar is too active. If Chad tries to fight at his pace it'll end up looking like Edgar/Faber.

2) Frankie has been fighting bigger and stronger fighters his whole career. Aldo is faster than both Mendes and Frankie and Frankie had a much closer fight with Aldo than Mendes did. There were a lot of people who thought Frankie won the last 3 rounds.

3) Frankie may get caught a few times, but his footwork is too good and he'll cut angles on Chad and be out of the way. Chad throws the same strikes over and over and I see Frankie struggling for the first 2 rounds before he starts to cruise to a UD.

I agree this is a bad match up for Frankie, and I also think this will be the fight Edgar finally gets tko/KOd. I would be more than happy to be wrong, though. Gonna be rooting for Frankie.

Yep. Mendes is like a better version of prime Maynard.

Frankie by UD.

Harder punchers than Chad have tried to KO Frankie, they all end up getting worn out. Always the chance this time Frankie doesn't get back up but its likely a tough decision win for him.

For people that have already said their Wrestling is on par and it end up standing = correct.

Frankie will then win by outboxing Chad being the quicker man and more technical boxer of the two. He also have very good head movement.
Can Chad land a bomb and drop Frankie and win by TKO? HELL YES!
But in all likelihood, Edgar by 50/45 or even TKO.

EDIT:
If it reach the latter rounds, 4th and 5th, I wouldn't be surprised if Edgar start to successfully take down Mendes a few times. Remember BJ Penn and the much much larger Maynard.

If I was betting I'd put money on a Edgar UD. Like has been said, his boxing is far more technical and he'll likely circle for five rounds landing jabs. Mendes needs the fight to be wild and Edgar is too clever for that.

I don't see chad winning this one.

Their wrestling may be similar levels but Frankie's bjj is far far above his.

Mendes possesses more power but Frankie is quicker and definitely the more technical boxer.

Frankie trains year round. Faber recently mentioned mendes hasn't been in the gym (probably enjoying his 500k mcgregor money) I think if you're fighting someone like Edgar you need more than a standard 8 week camp.

Back