Chad will beat Frankie, is normal

Yep. Mendes is like a better version of prime Maynard.

Not really. Maybe P4P, but Maynard is much bigger, and he really was an elite LW wrestler before his chin started failing him.

Mendes would look tiny at LW.

1) physically hes the stronger man. Hes a better wrestler. Frankie will be stuck on the feet trying to outbox him. Frankie can not wear Chad down physically, chad will fight at his pace.

3) Speed will not be a factor.

Incorrect. Edgar via one sided UD.

You guys just don't have the vision like me. I can already see the fight playing out in my mind, and frankie loses.

Just to put things in perspective, im a frankie fan, i was the first person i know of on sherdog to talk about his great boxing after his very first fight in the ufc with tyson griffin. It was only much later that everyone else picked up on it.

He's not going to win guys. Mendes isnt going to chase him around, and frankie is going to have to rush in to land anything significant. When he does mendes will be waiting with a big strike, and its going to land enough times for him to take a decision or tko frankie.

Will bump this thread when im right

Oh and frankies bjj isnt nearly good enough to be effective against mendes

First let me say, I am the almighty vrooms, if you do not take my pick, may god have mercy on your soul.

Chad will win this fight. He will, he shall, ducktail mcgail.

Why will chad win?

1) physically hes the stronger man. Hes a better wrestler. Frankie will be stuck on the feet trying to outbox him. Frankie can not wear Chad down physically, chad will fight at his pace.

2) Frankie is not a big guy nor does he possess great finishing power. Hes also primarily a boxer. although technically hes a better boxer, the discrepancy in power will be a major factor. Chad also has much more powerful kicks.

3) Speed will not be a factor. Although frankie is the faster fighter, he is not fast enough to completely neutralize mendes. Frankie likes to box on the inside. Chad is explosive enough with his strikes to land on frankie when he rushes in.

Expect frankie to do what he always does, but will end up getting caught and hurt several times while rushing in. Although he may land on chad as well, the power is going to make all the difference.

Chad will take frankies punches and remain standing, and shake it off.

But when chad lands a good strike on frankie he will be rocked a bunch of times, the judges will see this, and mendes strikes will count for a lot more because of damage.

Frankie will also be failing a lot of take downs if he tries to mix it up.

Im the end this is just a terrible matchup for the frank, and he will lose because of mendes superior wrestling and power.

This is a well thought out prediction. I can't say that I disagree with any of it. Time will tell if you are correct. Should I place a bet with my hard earned cash????

Frankie has a big reach advantage, and somewhat of a speed advantage. But somehow he's going to need to "rush in" to try to win the fight. I'm not buying it.

Edgar wins this one by decision, he is simply a better fighter all around.

I agree this is a bad match up for Frankie, and I also think this will be the fight Edgar finally gets tko/KOd. I would be more than happy to be wrong, though. Gonna be rooting for Frankie.

Chad is not finishing Frankie. He'll win a UD/SD but if anyone is getting finished, it is Chad.

1) What makes you think Mendes is a better wrestler? Mendes is more explosive with his shots, but Frankie has better timing and technique. Frankie took down bigger and better wrestlers than Mendes(Maynard) and he took down BJ who was impossible to takedown at lightweight. Also Chad will fight at Edgar's pace because Edgar is too active. If Chad tries to fight at his pace it'll end up looking like Edgar/Faber.

2) Frankie has been fighting bigger and stronger fighters his whole career. Aldo is faster than both Mendes and Frankie and Frankie had a much closer fight with Aldo than Mendes did. There were a lot of people who thought Frankie won the last 3 rounds.

3) Frankie may get caught a few times, but his footwork is too good and he'll cut angles on Chad and be out of the way. Chad throws the same strikes over and over and I see Frankie struggling for the first 2 rounds before he starts to cruise to a UD.

Well said, Sir... I agree with every line you wrote. I don't understand why people still write Frank off. According to Sherdog he's an easy W for Conor and of course, now he'll be Chad's lunch too. Frank has WAY better cardio, better techinique and I guarantee he has more heart too. Frank is going to set a pace that Mendes cannot keep up with and by the middle of round 3 Frank's going to run away with the score card.

i like both fighters but it'd suck to see frankie lose.
i think frankie wins UD.

Mendes is more explosive and powerful but Edgar has BY FAR the superior gas tank, and don't forget how hard the man is to knock out. It could go either way but I'm picking Edgar by decision because I think he'll wait for Chad to gas out and wrestlehump him.

Oh goodie, another one of these idiots.

Odds on how long he lasts before banning?

First let me say, I am the almighty vrooms, if you do not take my pick, may god have mercy on your soul.

Chad will win this fight. He will, he shall, ducktail mcgail.

Why will chad win?

2) Frankie is not a big guy nor does he possess great finishing power. Hes also primarily a boxer. although technically hes a better boxer, the discrepancy in power will be a major factor. Chad also has much more powerful kicks.

3) Speed will not be a factor. Although frankie is the faster fighter, he is not fast enough to completely neutralize mendes. Frankie likes to box on the inside. Chad is explosive enough with his strikes to land on frankie when he rushes in.

Expect frankie to do what he always does, but will end up getting caught and hurt several times while rushing in. Although he may land on chad as well, the power is going to make all the difference.

Chad will take frankies punches and remain standing, and shake it off.

But when chad lands a good strike on frankie he will be rocked a bunch of times, the judges will see this, and mendes strikes will count for a lot more because of damage.

Frankie will also be failing a lot of take downs if he tries to mix it up.

Im the end this is just a terrible matchup for the frank, and he will lose because of mendes superior wrestling and power.

AlarmingHospitableKouprey.gif

Chad is not finishing Frankie. He'll win a UD/SD but if anyone is getting finished, it is Chad.

Nice call.

You guys just don't have the vision like me. I can already see the fight playing out in my mind, and frankie loses.

Just to put things in perspective, im a frankie fan, i was the first person i know of on sherdog to talk about his great boxing after his very first fight in the ufc with tyson griffin. It was only much later that everyone else picked up on it.

He's not going to win guys. Mendes isnt going to chase him around, and frankie is going to have to rush in to land anything significant. When he does mendes will be waiting with a big strike, and its going to land enough times for him to take a decision or tko frankie.

Will bump this thread when im right

Bad call.

Back