• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Chad Mendes hangs them up?

That explains why he looked flat to me too - the whole time he was planning of retiring. Wish bettors knew that. Pulled a Rumble.

I assume it's because he has other business going on. Good for him in that sense.

Shame to see him retire though, he's a great fighter and I was excited to have him back.

Good for him. seems he has a great life and a lot of things going on outside of fighting- not a bad decision imo

One of the best FW fighters ever, the 2 year suspension really took it's toll on his career, plus the knockout losses to Aldo, Conor and Frankie, as well as that five round war with Aldo in 2014.

He fought a really tough guy in Volkanovski who was just a little bit fresher and had a little less wars under his belt.

He isn't shot, but this is actually a pretty good time to retire. He isn't getting the belt and doesn't have any potential money fights. Given that he's been getting hurt a lot in his fights, there's no good reason to stay around for much longer.

MMA retirements mean absolutely nothing. There should be some kind of rule that you can't compete for a certain number of years after announcing retirement to stoke all these fake announcements to get more coverage. Bobby Green broke the record after his last fight where he announced he was retiring them said he wasn't sure within hours.

Regardless, I hope his hunting and fishing with MMA celebrities is going well.

Its weird that I can't find any other source on this. Not saying there isn't one, but I can't find any.

hes not the same fighter when he's not roided up to the gills and everybody knows it, including him

Bit of an impulsive decision. I would wait till the dust settles. Take a long break from fighting.

I mean it's not like he was dominated. He had his moments in the fight.

Think of all the bad ass fights had he not got suspended

Fuck a USADA

Good decision. Why wait until you have five consecutive losses or four consecutive KO losses before you hang them up like some other fighters. Once you've peaked and you know you have, humble yourself, leave, and get a real job.

Chad’s heart isn’t in it any more.

He should retire if that is the case or else he is going to get hurt fighting the top guys.

Thanks for all the fights Chad. Good luck in retirement.

No way that sucks. Hes good , exciting and I feel like he still has fight in him

Back